Såm - (Rank 1) 3v3 Gucci Gamin - Twisted Treeline AmA.

First Riot Post
12345612 ... 17
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sam

Senior Member

09-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purgex View Post
How is it that there are teams that are like 4-1 and they're 1650? Is it all chance based on what teams you beat, or is there a carry-over from previous teams or something? Me and my team just got in to 3's and we 5-0'd the first games and we are still 250 below other 5-0 teams, so I got confused haha. I figured someone with a lot of experience would know the answer better than I would.

Same situation actually throws me off with your team. You're the #1 team at 32-0, but the team under you is 44-0. Is it really that influenced by who you face?

We face top 20 teams mostly, rather than Haoz team where they face a lot of under 20 seed teams. So they get less elo, while we get more


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sam

Senior Member

09-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al3x4ndar View Post
Hi there. I created ranked team for 3v3 on EUW with 2 friends today. So I wanted to ask what is the best way to play it (roles and lanes) since we're completely clueless about Twisted Treeline.
We played few normal games (wanted to get a feel of the map before we start ranked) and we won them, but we'll have much better opponents in ranked then in normal blind pick I guess.

All i remembered from when I was low level and played few games was that it was solo top and duo bot. Since games usually don't last as long as on SR, I thought that AD carry would be bad pick here because he wouldn't have time to farm items to be effective. So I thought that bruiser on top, and AP with mobility or a lot of utility (or even AP assasin) and a tank (with tank taking minimum farm to get his GP10 items quicker) would make a decent team combo. And it worked for us decently.

But... I was thinking about is it possible to have jungler in it, and that's why I opened TT forum section and saw your topic. And I see you're mentioning jungling. So if you can please tell me what are the best roles for top and bot, and which junglers do you suggest. I guess most tank junglers wouldn't work since it's old jungle so you'd need junglers with sustain and steroids, like Lee, Noc and WW. Also please tell me jungle routes for both sides cause I have no clue about strengths of jungle camps early. I was doing them in these few games we played after I'd get couple items.

About jungler, since in 1st few games enemy probably won't have jungler, is it better to pick jungler anyway, or to go withouth jungler?

And 1 last question, is Talon usable in TT, maybe for top lane?

Edit: Also, AD Sion good or not?
To me jungling is something you should always think about having. But most people don't run it and pull a 1v2 lane. The thing is its up to you if your teammate or you can't handle the 2v1 lane you better just 2v2 lane it. But my bot lane (Vsepr) can easily handle it, so our team has a jungler.

Some junglers I recommend are : LEESIN, SHYVANA.

It is usable against AP's for instance, counters Fizz, Ahri easily.

AD sion is terrible. Worse thing I've ever seen people thought of.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sam

Senior Member

09-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aiyania View Post
Two of my friends and I are just getting into 3's recently. We have been playing together alot and have looked at maybe doing a ranked team together.

What resources do you think people like us should look at to start looking at strats with champ picking along with game strategy.

Can you name 6 champs we should look at for learning how to play this map.

Thank you.

Darius, Nunu, Rengar, Gragas, Jax, Rumble


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

PitufoLevel1

Junior Member

09-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by PitufoLevel1 View Post
The million dollar question for me:

How do your team setup/decide your comps?

Im not talking stuff like 1 Jungler, 1 Bruiser Top and 1 Mage bot, which is afaik the meta in your matches.

What I mean is, in terms of cc, damage, tankyness, etc. how do you decide what team setup your team is going to go for in every match, and why?

Or do you mostly pick to counter the enemies etc disregarding setup synergy etc? Or do you do consider both things when setting up a comp, in which case explain the process!

If you could post some example setups and explain the reasoning for them I would very much appreciate it.

I have stalked your team's profile and seen what you guys play and build etc, but I cant figure out the reasoning for the setups because I dont know TT too much, so Im hoping you could help me out here to understand the setups you use, the reason you use them, and the synergy between them, etc.

Thanks a lot for this Sam. I know its a lot to ask but well, its worth a shot, if you could answer all the question Id very much appreciate it.

Cheers.

PD: Me and my 2 brothers are quite unexperienced with TT but we've been trying our ways to learn it the past 2 months. So far, we still dont know for sure what we are doing in terms of the comps we setup. We basically just pick champs we like and go for it, unless we need countering someone on their team or similar, but mostly just what we like and we just try random different comps that follow the meta as best as possible. So far, the only reliable comp that has worked the most for us is Jungle Jax + Top Gangplank + Bot Katarina (me), we win probably 90% of our matches with this comp in Ranked but we dont get to play it often because Jax is almost always banned. We havent really reached higher than 1500 for this matter, because outside this setup, nothing else really works for us as reliably (not to mention our internet just flat out sucks lol, our team is actually called "The Lagged Ones" -in spanish-)

Would you say this is a good comp? How would you go against this comp if you were to face it in a match? Im guessing Gragas would be quite a good pick vs Kat, though we usually just flat out ban Gragas when we are playing this comp, dont want to risk it because Gragas is not only an ult-for-ult counter but quite a good counter to Jax. Should we stop banning him or thats a good call? People tend to pick Cho a lot too after I pick Kat, but he is not as much of a problem because his poor early game is abusable enough to snowball off it.

And can you suggest us an alternative for when Jax is banned that would work with this comp? Assuming it exists.

I know this is a lot of questions and Im sorry, but me and my brothers are really just falling in love with TT and due to the lack of information in regards to this map we just dont know where else to find all this but asking you.

Btw, the reddit page is down!


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sam

Senior Member

09-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by PitufoLevel1 View Post
The million dollar question for me:

How do your team setup/decide your comps?

Im not talking stuff like 1 Jungler, 1 Bruiser Top and 1 Mage bot, which is afaik the meta in your matches.

What I mean is, in terms of cc, damage, tankyness, etc. how do you decide what team setup your team is going to go for in every match, and why?

Or do you mostly pick to counter the enemies etc disregarding setup synergy etc? Or do you do consider both things when setting up a comp, in which case explain the process!

If you could post some example setups and explain the reasoning for them I would very much appreciate it.

I have stalked your team's profile and seen what you guys play and build etc, but I cant figure out the reasoning for the setups because I dont know TT too much, so Im hoping you could help me out here to understand the setups you use, the reason you use them, and the synergy between them, etc.

Thanks a lot for this Sam. I know its a lot to ask but well, its worth a shot, if you could answer all the question Id very much appreciate it.

Cheers.

PD: Me and my 2 brothers are quite unexperienced with TT but we've been trying our ways to learn it the past 2 months. So far, we still dont know for sure what we are doing in terms of the comps we setup. We basically just pick champs we like and go for it, unless we need countering someone on their team or similar, but mostly just what we like and we just try random different comps that follow the meta as best as possible. So far, the only reliable comp that has worked the most for us is Jungle Jax + Top Gangplank + Bot Katarina (me), we win probably 90% of our matches with this comp in Ranked but we dont get to play it often because Jax is almost always banned. We havent really reached higher than 1500 for this matter, because outside this setup, nothing else really works for us as reliably (not to mention our internet just flat out sucks lol, our team is actually called "The Lagged Ones" -in spanish-)

Would you say this is a good comp? How would you go against this comp if you were to face it in a match? Im guessing Gragas would be quite a good pick vs Kat, though we usually just flat out ban Gragas when we are playing this comp, dont want to risk it because Gragas is not only an ult-for-ult counter but quite a good counter to Jax. Should we stop banning him or thats a good call? People tend to pick Cho a lot too after I pick Kat, but he is not as much of a problem because his poor early game is abusable enough to snowball off it.

And can you suggest us an alternative for when Jax is banned that would work with this comp? Assuming it exists.

I know this is a lot of questions and Im sorry, but me and my brothers are really just falling in love with TT and due to the lack of information in regards to this map we just dont know where else to find all this but asking you.

Btw, the reddit page is down!

To be honest, we just counter pick them and out pick them. We never go for these "meta comps".


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Eryn

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

09-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Såm View Post
We face top 20 teams mostly, rather than Haoz team where they face a lot of under 20 seed teams. So they get less elo, while we get more
Kinda odd that you'd say that, seeing as the only top 20 team you've faced in your past 20 games was Dragonite, whereas HaoZ's team played Dragonite twice, as well as Feel a Phaxen (which was top 15 before disbanding) twice.

However, I am happy you are streaming.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Quick Rawr

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

09-26-2012

Streaming schedule?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Al3x4ndar

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

09-27-2012

Can you post jungle route you're using please? And as guy above said, when do you usually stream so that we can see it as live example?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mavrik V

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

09-27-2012

It would be easiest to just post a few replays. Then people can analyze and learn at their own pace, while Sam and crew can avoid micromanaging people's bad questions.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tovarich

Junior Member

09-27-2012

Thank you so much Sam! It's really hard for lower elo players to learn anything for there isn't much or any information on 3's. Thanks to you and your team Gucci Gamin, I really think 3's has a chance of taking off and evolving!


12345612 ... 17