Introducing Honor!

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DevilNL

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-26-2012

+ 1 honor

Baneson

09-26-2012

^You are the 1000th poster in this thread! You win a prize!

Tell him what's he's won Lyte!

Vorciferous

09-26-2012

This is very good. Thanks Riot!

Samael

09-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by DomainSpecific View Post
Lyte, is there any hope of the Tribunal IP reward coming back? Maybe you could make it so only people with >75% accuracy receive it. I miss it...

here's an email I got yesterday:
"
Greetings Alisandre!

We are pleased to inform you that the rest of the Tribunal has affirmed your judgment on 92 cases today! As compensation for your service to the League, your account has been credited 460 Influence Points.

The League of Legends thanks you for your service on the Tribunal, Summoner! Remember that you will be eligible to judge 15 tomorrow! May justice be swift! "

NINETY TWO CASES I judged and got correct, 460 IP!? rofl...

wilIiam

09-26-2012

i dont like this idea bc ppl are gona put up an act to get the points but i guess the upside is that there will be less hate

Catches Axes

09-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyte View Post
If this is the case, just Honor him. The Honor Initiative prevents abuse like 5 premades playing 50 straight games together and everyone piling Honor on 1 player.
Lyte, if I'm reading things right, I never, ever have to worry about being punished for Honoring a player; if I'm doing something that it considers abusive, the system might not count my Honor the 20th time (or whatever thresholds you've set) on one player, but I will not otherwise be affected. I therefore shouldn't ever have to think about whether to press Honor for a player I enjoyed playing with, because there will be no consequences for me no matter what.

Correct?

If that's correct, you should state it clearly for all to read.

Zaresin

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyte View Post
Let's all give RiotLobster (Developer), RiotBahamut (Developer), sAYpOPgUYs (Developer), VonBurgerMeister (UX Designer), Scezumin (Developer), binaryvision (Developer), RiotWorldPeace (QA), ryedan (Visual Designer) and Robbypoo (Developer) some Riot fistbumps for bringing this feature into League!

Also, don't forget Team Player Behavior's producers statuskwoh and RiotSeb!
I give you all hugs....happy hugs all around.

On a serious note. Good job.

Lyte

Lead Social Systems Designer

Follow RiotLyte on Twitter

09-26-2012
82 of 99 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dumyr View Post
Lyte, if I'm reading things right, I never, ever have to worry about being punished for Honoring a player; if I'm doing something that it considers abusive, the system might not count my Honor the 20th time (or whatever thresholds you've set) on one player, but I will not otherwise be affected. I therefore shouldn't ever have to think about whether to press Honor for a player I enjoyed playing with, because there will be no consequences for me no matter what.

Correct?

If that's correct, you should state it clearly for all to read.
Well, we never say never for a reason. Let's say someone blatantly abuses the Honor system and somehow hacks the system and manages to hand out 5000 Honor to all of his friends. Should we not deal out a severe punishment to this player?

Responsible, every day users have nothing to worry about. If you are trying to cheat or abuse the system, you shouldn't be surprised if you are penalized for it in some way. The actual punishments will vary a lot, we just have to see what abuse bubbles up that is worthy of a penalty at all.

naotasan

09-26-2012

@Lyte

Hypothetical situation.
Let's say I'm constantly being partied up with the same people and we constantly trade honor. Not queuing together, but actually getting pitted against each other game after game after game?

EDIT:
Making an FAQ so people don't have to browse through 100 pages might be helpful.

Jordanoceros

09-26-2012

It's great and all, but I really dislike how riot is "rewarding" good people with mere aesthetics. it's like the tribunal change, from IP rewards to just a leaderboard. It was hardly any IP to begin with and I WAS NOT using it for mere IP. I was doing it for a better community; using more than 30 seconds per case, making careful decisions, and what not. The IP to me was like an earned thing.

EXAMPLE: I'm sure the judges in my town want to do the right thing and better their city, but if you don't pay them, they're not going to work for free.

So, for participating in tribunal, I will now have a chance to be on leaderboard with possibility of real reward? and if I play well and give out tons of compliments to bad players I will just get a color tag next to my name with probably nothing more?

Seriously riot, what's going on lately? I understand the positive reinforcement concept, but honestly this does nothing for me. I'll wait to it comes out to give it a go of course, but really think about these changes for next season. We're smarter than you think.