Honorable Competitors: Xpecial

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

gathixpower

09-25-2012

Always liked Xpecial, since I saw his support lesson, I started playing support as my main role and loving every minute of it.

AioriosVite

Recruiter

09-25-2012

It is so true, and deceptively simple, that maintaining a positive attitude as a team can make a difference in the game. I wish that all the little "trolls and jerks" would take their time to read this and realize that it's time to part ways with being a nuisance and adopt familiarity with teamwork and cooperation.

Itsvadertime

09-25-2012

I guess there is no honor in being humble.

Supaka

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-25-2012

I think that interview was really well done and most summoners could really learn a lot from it. Xpecial, I made a thread in GD just for you!

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...7#post29633057

Oakshand

09-25-2012

Whether or not this is hypocrisy i think they make good points. You should never blame a person for anything even if they do something actually dumb. Just ask why they did it then explain why they shouldn't while assuring them your not trying to be mean. When people troll or are just jerks ignore them then report them don't talk to them because then you feed the troll. All in All i think this type of attitude should be adopted by everyone in LoL from the highest elo player down to the elo hell players.

Kha0sbringer

09-25-2012

I'm new to this GAME and it's truly surprised me just how unpleasant some people in this community can be. I've only run a few pvp matches because of how much anger i've seen in AI matches. Until tonight, I don't believe I've truly had a game were someone wasn't complaining about someone else, or explaining in as insulting a manner as possible that they 133t so we must listen to them. People threatening to or intentionally feeding just because someone did something they disagreed with.

Tonight however, I had a team that completely went against this norm. We got first blood, and a few kills early game, but things took a turn for the worse mid-game. But instead of raging, my team actually started to have fun. And the game immediately turned around. Instead of raging about people getting killed, we laughed about it. And not the usualy "LOL you suck noob" garbage you usually see. It was actual humor about what went wrong. Instead of Freaking out about KS's (kinda crappy thing to rage about in a game that actually supports it for the betterment of the team) we thanked the teammate for making sure the enemy couldn't pull a fast escape. And if someone did feel like they ks'd they apologized, and we laughed about it.

What happened next even surprised me. We turned the game around, against a team that was pretty well fed. We started supporting each other. Congratulating each other for good plays. I was even in a contest with another teammate to see who could get the most assists. (I won with 18 lol) And as we sorta pulled together through enjoying the game, the enemy team began to fall apart. While we were holding each other up and having a good time, They turned on each other.

Eventually because the other team was so blinded by their own anger at one another, they began to chase my team out of their base, so intent on showing each other up and securing kills, they completely ignored me beating on their nexas, giving us the win.

The end game lobby was full of the usual comments "bg" and "fail team" and all that other negative stuff you've come to expect, only my team congratulated the enemy on a tough game, and instead of raging and blaming one another we all friend each other. This is how it should be. It's just a game. The point is to have fun. If your raging, then your not having fun. Learn to laugh at your own fails, and help build up your team instead of tearing them down, and you might just walk away with that win that seems so important to you. I hope I can find more teammates like this in the future.

Lightjak

09-26-2012

Lol, TSM being the most highly regarded...is he delusional?

Noboty

09-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kha0sbringer View Post
I'm new to this GAME and it's truly surprised me just how unpleasant some people in this community can be. I've only run a few pvp matches because of how much anger i've seen in AI matches. Until tonight, I don't believe I've truly had a game were someone wasn't complaining about someone else, or explaining in as insulting a manner as possible that they 133t so we must listen to them. People threatening to or intentionally feeding just because someone did something they disagreed with.

Tonight however, I had a team that completely went against this norm. We got first blood, and a few kills early game, but things took a turn for the worse mid-game. But instead of raging, my team actually started to have fun. And the game immediately turned around. Instead of raging about people getting killed, we laughed about it. And not the usualy "LOL you suck noob" garbage you usually see. It was actual humor about what went wrong. Instead of Freaking out about KS's (kinda crappy thing to rage about in a game that actually supports it for the betterment of the team) we thanked the teammate for making sure the enemy couldn't pull a fast escape. And if someone did feel like they ks'd they apologized, and we laughed about it.

What happened next even surprised me. We turned the game around, against a team that was pretty well fed. We started supporting each other. Congratulating each other for good plays. I was even in a contest with another teammate to see who could get the most assists. (I won with 18 lol) And as we sorta pulled together through enjoying the game, the enemy team began to fall apart. While we were holding each other up and having a good time, They turned on each other.

Eventually because the other team was so blinded by their own anger at one another, they began to chase my team out of their base, so intent on showing each other up and securing kills, they completely ignored me beating on their nexas, giving us the win.

The end game lobby was full of the usual comments "bg" and "fail team" and all that other negative stuff you've come to expect, only my team congratulated the enemy on a tough game, and instead of raging and blaming one another we all friend each other. This is how it should be. It's just a game. The point is to have fun. If your raging, then your not having fun. Learn to laugh at your own fails, and help build up your team instead of tearing them down, and you might just walk away with that win that seems so important to you. I hope I can find more teammates like this in the future.
Please, PLEASE let me play with you guys!

LegendaryEnemy

09-26-2012

Most honorable ancestor gives happy fond feelings to honorable player. Delightful fragrance ancestor river is always making for better good felt. Thank you most fragrant honor.

venny

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kha0sbringer View Post

We can only hope more people can be like this.