Solotop Garen Build?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Frostknife

09-24-2012

I've been trying to decide how to build Garen, but I've seen a lot of variation. How do you build him? Also links to your lolking would be appreciated.

Héró

09-24-2012

boots . brutilizer, then hp and def stuff

sambobsam

09-25-2012

i go sunfire first after speed boots so i can farm like a pro... it gives you the last hits that can be ahrd to get on him... then i get atmas impailer and then a phage/frost mallet... if the game last long enough i get warmogs in there somewhere... but i made that up myself and have no idea what normal people use.... i was using warmogs in place of sunfire cape, but when i tryed the cape i fell in love...

SkullMasteRgR

09-25-2012

I start boots+3 pots.
Then:
If i am winning lane or we are even i get brutalizer-->frozen mallet-->atmas
If i am losing lane i go heart of gold-->sunfire cape-->more armor or mr as needed
If i am doing extremely well and my team has other tanky people i go full ad with IE-->PD--> then mallet and armor/mr. Just make sure when you go with this build the game ends semifast or you will be too squishy mid-late game.

Ornan

09-25-2012

Garens builds can be pretty situational.

On average you'll want to go with a tankier build but I'm more fond of a build someone showed me when you get fed.

Boots+3 pots for start unless you plan on burning flash everytime they gank.
2x dorans blades
Ninja Tabi
Infinity Edge

Some of you might stop reading there, but if you try it out, you'll be pulling out surprise 1/4-1/3 hp crits with Q.

Guardian Angel
Then build tanky with a combination of Last Whispe Atmas and a health item.

Remember that you'll want to be taking advantage of Garen's W bonuses for his armor and mr, unless the obvious inconviences, such as true damage.

When you're building your IE, don't get the bf sword if you have the money to get the crit cloak and the pickaxe.

Theres other champions I prefer to run top if I'm going to be just tanky, like Udyr.

Nerguy

09-27-2012

I'm not sure if you are able to post links of other websites (although I'm sure I can), go to mobafire.com and look up Garen there. Ornan pretty much said what it says there, except the stuff after getting the IE. It helped me a lot and I hope it does the same for you. :]

Devious Rogue

09-27-2012

Garen Build for Fun: Ghost, Flash
Regrowth Pendant + Red Pot (Gives great sustain) --> Philo Stone for GP5 --> Shurelyas (Health, CDR and hyperdrive speed)
Mobility Boots for the moving speed (Gank Boots)
Brutalizer for CDR and ArPen and/or Infinity Edge for AD and Crit
Trinity/Sunfire/Warmogs depending on the rest of your team and how tanky they are
Phantoms Dancers, Brutalize, IE, Blood Thirsters depending on whims

Amatzikahni

09-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ornan View Post
Boots+3 pots for start unless you plan on burning flash everytime they gank.
2x dorans blades
Ninja Tabi
Infinity Edge

Guardian Angel
Then build tanky with a combination of Last Whisper Atmas and a health item.
IE gives Garen a huge DPS increase, but I've found that it doesn't work for me as a first completion unless, like you said, you get fed really fast. Mallet into Atma's (or Phage Atma's Mallet) works better for me since it gives the slow proc and some nice defenses and decent damage. Once you get them, and maybe a Negatron/LW, then IE would boost your damage in the very lategame. I should probably try your build a few times and see if I can get it to work.

Ornan

09-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amatzikahni View Post
IE gives Garen a huge DPS increase, but I've found that it doesn't work for me as a first completion unless, like you said, you get fed really fast. Mallet into Atma's (or Phage Atma's Mallet) works better for me since it gives the slow proc and some nice defenses and decent damage. Once you get them, and maybe a Negatron/LW, then IE would boost your damage in the very lategame. I should probably try your build a few times and see if I can get it to work.
Thanks, I've by no means mastered Garen in anyway but I'm finding that my current build is working for me when I get competitive. Theres still plenty of experimenting to do.

Cardboardowl

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-27-2012

I dont play garen, but in my ranked games i pretty much see the same build.

boots, brutalizer, frozen mallet, inf edge, MoM, randuin