Chalice on nunu bot? Need opinions.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SuperQuackDuck

09-24-2012

Hmm. Heres the thing. If i dont get roa i can bot just fine. But if i dont, i usually find that my survivability to a gank is greatly diminished. Since my definition of a good bot is being able to pull and defend against 2, i think roa is a staple for me. (kinda like on ryze). In this way, i think from now on i'll not get chalice because i dont see the need... Hmm. Looking for further input.

inFe eD

09-24-2012

The only possible way you could manage your mana without having a chalice is if you're not running 40% cdr, which means you're building completely wrong anyway. I run out of mana with a Frozen + Athene's on Nunu.

The Fizznity

09-25-2012

Been facerolling with the (suggested) hextech revolver. Oh, you just blew 2 skills and 5 autos harassing me? *consumes for 550 health*

Warrrrax

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by inFe eD View Post
The only possible way you could manage your mana without having a chalice is if you're not running 40% cdr, which means you're building completely wrong anyway. I run out of mana with a Frozen + Athene's on Nunu.
Really? Of course you wont start with much CDR and by the time you have say Ionic Boots and Odins/RoA and then the Frozen Heart to max CDR, shouldn't you have plenty of mana? Especially since beating on creeps gives you the free casts.

SuperQuackDuck

09-25-2012

I guess at this point the relevant question is how much mana does nunu need to do his job? I can push push push and harass harass harass with 40% cdr and not go oom for almost indefinitely. I was bot against another tanky ap like mao and he went oom and i still had 80% or so.

Whats the benefit of always having 100% mana?

spreadfred

09-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperQuackDuck View Post
I guess at this point the relevant question is how much mana does nunu need to do his job? I can push push push and harass harass harass with 40% cdr and not go oom for almost indefinitely. I was bot against another tanky ap like mao and he went oom and i still had 80% or so.

Whats the benefit of always having 100% mana?
how do you push as nunu? i tend to mostly just autoattack minions (and use bb on an allied minion) to help me push, and save consume for whenever i need the heal. if you use consume every time it's up (to help push), i can see how you might drain mana more quickly.

i also find a lot of times, enemies are scared whenever i go to iceball them - they tend to retreat under tower before i get a chance to fire the spell. maybe you're better then me at goading them out into the open so you can safely fire off your snowball; in which case you would drain your mana more quickly.

SuperQuackDuck

09-25-2012

I tend to use all spells as they become available. If the lane opponent isnt in view, i iceball a minion, w, and nom minions even if i dont need hp. I also stand in front of my minions to tank for them since my nomming heals for so much. I can usually get a wave going that my lane opponents will be forced to confront. Then i stop tanking mininions and start hitting. Seemed to work out ok so far..

Delicious Donut

09-25-2012

You don't need chalice because the dominion passive already gives you two chalice effects. And the difference between 300% and 400% mana regeneration isn't nearly as big as 100% and 200%. I never have any real mana problems after buying a +mana or +mana regeneration item. Consider running mana yellows if you have trouble.

NightmareAce

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-14-2012

bump