War Janna Skin, why can't i get it with dominion.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SuperQuackDuck

09-24-2012

Agreed to all you just said. Except theres no reward possible for dominion.

Ikruti

09-24-2012

I don't think anyone is against having the reward be merit based. If the reward said you must get <Insert Number> Elo for Ranked Dominion and we HAVE ranked Dominion, we'd all be cool with it.

But Riot has so far refused to release ranked Dominion. So we're sort of stuck. So now we're looking at either having to play a game mode we do not like or losing out.

Reikken

09-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TANJustice View Post
I'm not missing the point. I posted q_q because it's entitled crybaby BS; if you want a reward for something, then you do what it takes to get it, you don't complain until someone lowers the bar.
You did miss the point, because it's not about lowering the bar.

SpaceFrog

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-24-2012

I really wish it were possible to get a free janna skin playing Dominion. I Think I peaked at 1925 Dom ELO.

I've been trying solo q since Saturday, and I peaked at 1093, and now I'm low 900's

*sigh

Hopefully I can get a good 3v3 Team going.

Reikken

09-24-2012

I'm down for 3v3s, BTW, if anyone needs a 3rd man

Oddjustice

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reikken View Post
I'm down for 3v3s, BTW, if anyone needs a 3rd man
Likewise, 3v3 queue is the easiest way to get that badass skin. PM me if you're interested in meeting up.

Oddjustice

09-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ikruti View Post
I don't think anyone is against having the reward be merit based. If the reward said you must get <Insert Number> Elo for Ranked Dominion and we HAVE ranked Dominion, we'd all be cool with it.

But Riot has so far refused to release ranked Dominion. So we're sort of stuck. So now we're looking at either having to play a game mode we do not like or losing out.
Look, they set the bar. 1500 solo queue, whatever for the others, and that's it. You are doing exactly what I am saying you are doing. Complaining about the bar.

Don't internalize that comment. I'm not saying your awful players, or bad dudes (bad enough to save the president?), I'm just saying it's an attitude of entitlement.

SuperQuackDuck

09-25-2012

Question for you, then. Just curious and a bit of a parallel:

Is it a sense of entitlement to ask for legal gay marriage? Because gay people can enter into heterosexual marriages for the legal rights.

Ikruti

09-25-2012

It's really not. My point was very simple. Dominion community has been asking for ranked for a while. We've been denied it so far. They put out rewards for ranked only. We want to know what's up. Asking for a little clarification isn't exactly "entitlement".

Oddjustice

09-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperQuackDuck View Post
Question for you, then. Just curious and a bit of a parallel:

Is it a sense of entitlement to ask for legal gay marriage? Because gay people can enter into heterosexual marriages for the legal rights.
I'm not going to batter down that straw man for you. A competitive MOBA is definitely not a society of citizens who are trying to equitably govern each other while maintaining a socially acceptable level of freedom and religious tolerance. Marriage (subgenre : gay marriage) > Season 2 Rewards for Ranked Play on so many levels.

The reason I get tired of this sense of entitlement is because it's such an absurd amount of whinging over so tiny an issue.

It's important to have a sense of perspective when it comes to gaming. As a F2P whale, I realize that the significant amount of money that I invest goes to subsidizing players who enjoy the game but are unwilling or unable to spend money on it. Should I complain that I'm not receiving enough reward for my investment? There are plenty who do, but the fact of the matter is that I receive goods equivalent to the amount of investment I'm willing to make and Riot sets the price. If I don't like it, I don't have to buy it. There's no reason to complain about what I get for the price because I'm electing to purchase.

I will make that comparison for Dominion players. There's no surprise here. Complaining that there's no ranked is fine. Complaining that you won't get a reward because you only play a game mode that you KNOW will not get ranked is unreasonable. The only reason to include the skin in the commentary is to say, in essence, "they're getting something I want, give me what I want without making me jump through those hoops" when you know how to get it.

What is being a crybaby beyond complaining about something when you don't get what you want, when you want it, how you want it?

TLDR; A game is not a government, and people's lives are not their LoL account. I will ask everyone to internalize this comment... "Relax, it's just a game."