why elo hell dosent exist, my oppinion

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

akrith

09-24-2012

i was having a conversation with one of my friends about gaining elo, i recently won 5 in a row at 1k elo 2 solo 3 duo, he was talking about how he always gets stuck lastpicking the support, people beleave that they cannot have an impact on the game as support, but in my recent games iv realized the importance of a good support, a good support can make an adc 10x's better or 10x's worse also in team fights someone like a soraka can have a big effect on the outcome depending on tho she puts her silence on, the next thing i hear is i have leavers and afk's, every other team encounters the same problems you do, basically at low elo's you have to be a babbysitter and try to stop fights and make kids happy so they will play there best and work together as a team, if your encountering these problems every game so is the opposing team, so i think if you want to gain elo the best thing to do is as soon as you enter the loby instead of calling a roll say heyy whats upp, then when it comes to choosing rolls to remember that the order of the players is based on elo so let the top pick what they want and do your best, yes you will get leavers and afk's but other teams do to, also try to find a time of day that you think is best to play ranked, befor kids get out of school, later at night is when i like to play ranked, i hope this helps people who are struggling in low elo's and just remember its a game, have fun

Skilltestingman

09-24-2012

you have no idea how little support can actually impact. Maybe in the beginning, get a few kills for your adc, but later on, you don't do any dmg. I just can't trust anyone else because when i support they feed a lot

LogicalTautology

09-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skilltestingman View Post
you have no idea how little support can actually impact. Maybe in the beginning, get a few kills for your adc, but later on, you don't do any dmg. I just can't trust anyone else because when i support they feed a lot
You clearly have no idea how influential a good support can be.

Unholy Fenrir

09-24-2012

typical low elo support

-buys dorans ring
-doesnt buy wards on return to base
-runs in after the adc dies
-roams
-dies to jungler

thats if you even get a support in low elo as most just want to play the champ they want and go in thinking thier invincible then before you know it bot has fed 6 kills and tower is gone

Potentíal

09-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skilltestingman View Post
I actually cannot believe you just said that. I try my BEST to play with supports on a daily basis. Supports mean EVERYTHING in solo q. You can't expect to win when your adc has no support or has no TRUE support. It just won't work.

lilsquishey

09-24-2012

there is no elo hell yes but there there is player hell. it depend on who you get on your team at low elo cause if you dont get people that atleast know how to play the game you have really good chance of losing. yester day i won like 10 games in a row today i lost like 6 in a row cause of people that just dont know how to play the game. none ganking jungler. people not knowing when to smite baron. so on

akrith

09-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unholy Fenrir View Post
typical low elo support

-buys dorans ring
-doesnt buy wards on return to base
-runs in after the adc dies
-roams
-dies to jungler

thats if you even get a support in low elo as most just want to play the champ they want and go in thinking thier invincible then before you know it bot has fed 6 kills and tower is gone
hence the reason why the support is important, if they do what^^ then you lose game

Sceptre Wielder

09-25-2012

Yeah well in my last ten games ive averaged 10.4/5.1/7.9 KDA with some huge personal scores, making all of the plays i possibly can and i came out with 4 wins 6 losses. There are definitely some un-carryable games. Its just bad luck players can be dumb sometimes.

LessHerpMoreDerp

09-25-2012

mm so top has highest elo? in my experience the games where i ban champs go worse than when i'm last pick. alto some people feel like pick order is the way to go, which will bring disaster every single time. and i've mentioned this in a nother thread, but when i get teamed up with people that have a 10% lower winrate than me and only have 1 champ which they have a positive KD with in 73 games... yeah.... the difference in elo is too much or in skill, which would mean the elo system sucks

xSilentGhostx

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-25-2012

In Low Elo you do realize that support is the HARDEST roll to gain elo and win to go up. No matter how good you are in SoloQ, support will always be the hardest roll to gain Elo. Why? because even if your adc wins, the top lane and mid lane might lose, if thats the case enemy top and mid will easily stomp your adc as your own mid and top would be weak but then your adc would be the only farmed one. Being the support you won't be able to carry the team. Sure you will help them by warding heaps and healing but that just isn't enough to help a losing team and this is what happens in low elo. I've tried helping my 800 elo friend out b4 by playing support. My lane won but mid loss and just from mid losing he stomped the fed adc and eventually the adc couldn't do much at all and we loss the game. This is what i believe in the support's position. Your team has to also be good. You can't carry the game as a support.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LogicalTautology View Post
You clearly have no idea how influential a good support can be.
Also you have no right to say this, when skilltesting man is correct. Your top elo is 896. You have no clue how higher elo games would work. Skilltesting's elo is 1444. I would partially agree with him. Support doesn't have the highest impact to the game but also not the lowest, it has a medium impact depending on how you play.