War Janna Skin, why can't i get it with dominion.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tempestphile

09-24-2012

How about 500 wins, or maybe 600 or something?

Cliftonix

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-24-2012

As a diamond league player with over 20k takedowns, i feel i earned it.

Ikruti

09-24-2012

I'm curious if the reason is because Dominion doesn't have ranked that we can't have the chance to earn the skin. I believe TT ranked allows you to earn it.

So by my reckoning, the conversation is something like this:

Us: Please give us ranked Dominion.
Riot: Nope. We have our reasons (jedi hand wave).
Us: Ok, but seriously. Please give us ranked.
Riot: Hey guys, we're giving out rewards for doing well in ranked!
Us: But....you won't give us ranked Dominion...
Riot: Hue hue hue

P.S. Does anyone else think that giving Ranked Dominion right now would be a huge bolster? There would probably be a huge influx of people trying to do ranked Dominion for the end of season rewards and since it's ranked, they'd have heavy incentive to keep at it and really get to learn the mode instead of playing once and giving up.

SylianEUW

09-24-2012

To be fair, if you really have 2400 elo in Dominion, it shouldn't be that hard to make a 3v3 team and get 1450 elo. That being said, it sure would have been nice to have Dominion ranked for easy Diamond.

Taikero

09-24-2012

Dominion and ARAM games are much more engaging and fun than SR, IMO. Also, Dominion is more balanced in the sense that it is much harder to snowball in Dominion, as it matters what points you are able to hold, not just how many kills you have or how hard you are able to push on the death of your opponents. Dominion games are often able to be turned around at any stage, whereas SR is usually won or lost by the 20 minute mark.

Oddjustice

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-24-2012

q_q

Learn to last hit, or just keep taking supports, don't die, and let someone carry you to 1500.

And don't accuse me of being a SR player camping the Dom forums, check the profile (diamonds all up innis)

Ikruti

09-24-2012

You're missing the point TANJustice. The point isn't that people aren't capable of playing the other modes, it's just that they really don't enjoy playing the other modes.

Imagine if there was something that could only be achieved by playing Dominion. Should the people who only enjoy SR be forced to play Dominion to get it? No. They clearly are ok with catering to other play styles because TT ranked counts. It's because they realize that there are enough players out there who prefer TT ranked over SR ranked. So now it's looking like they feel it's ok to recognize some different game mode preferences but not all different game mode preferences. Which is kind of wrong to do, IMO.

Oddjustice

09-24-2012

I'm not missing the point. I posted q_q because it's entitled crybaby BS; if you want a reward for something, then you do what it takes to get it, you don't complain until someone lowers the bar.

SuperQuackDuck

09-24-2012

The point you're missing is that riot is giving people something for playing. But they restrict the reward to a game mode that we dont enjoy playing.

Imagine the massive amount of q_q threads if dominion got a reward that SR doesnt get.

Oddjustice

09-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperQuackDuck View Post
The point you're missing is that riot is giving people something for playing. But they restrict the reward to a game mode that we dont enjoy playing.

Imagine the massive amount of q_q threads if dominion got a reward that SR doesnt get.
No, they're giving people something for excelling. You don't get it just for playing. It's not a real reward if everyone gets it for playing normals and never trying to be truly competitive. I like having a badge that says "Hey, I put some effort in, if you want to get this stuff you need to try harder"

And what the hell do I care about the q_q'ing if they did that? That wouldn't make this crying any better, they'd both be a bunch of entitled crybabies.