Does Syndra Suck?

Yes 75 36.23%
No 78 37.68%
Situational (Do not vote this unless experienced reply) 54 26.09%
Voters: 207. You may not vote on this poll

Syndra, Suck or Not? (poll) (pic)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Noctis XV

09-23-2012

Hello i'm ArisatoMinat0 and I've played a few games with the newer champion Syndra. Let it be known that these games were played in the Normal Blind pick mode. I believe that I've had her figured out and actually scored a Quadra kill with her (last kill was on an ezreal by using Scattering the weak on a single ball through a jungle wall)
Pics of scores and the quadra uploaded. (I had one more game 17-7-16 but pushed it off of the match history list. Sorry!)

I had to post this mainly because players are assuming that i'm trolling by picking Syndra. (kind of like Eve) But she is actually a VERY good minion farmer and the skillshots in my opinion are extremely easy to land. It has been reported that they are difficult to land by many of the players on the forum, but that is not true. If played right you can even score a lvl 2 kill (which i've done many times) Without starving for mana and without the ability "Scatter the Weak"

The only thing that people take for granted is that she has the ability to cast WHILE MOVING and you may also take advantage of the fact she can auto attack while casting as well (I abuse this to get the level two kill) The way she needs to be played is actually very passive and never passing the mid section onto their side ever.

A tip for new Syndra players, a good way to practice with her is to team with an Amumu. They have the greatest synergy known to man. With Amumu's ult you may get close enough to their most important target to land your ultimate, and without having to pay the price of death. I should also mention that if lined up right, you can RE-STUN after Amumus ult giving you an extra chance to clean up the rest of the enemy team!

Of course I actually think she is underpowered mainly because her numbers are very low. Ultimate does not actually hurt unless you are doing much better than the enemy team. regardless of how many balls are on the field. (in this case if you are against Syndra do not stay in lane under 40% health like most mid laners do)

The one problem I have with Syndra is the *need* to rush chalice. I've not gone chalice on any other AP carries i've played but for Syndra it is extremely neccessary. (it works to your advantage against another AP mid because of the small boost in MR)

The leave game was due to maintanence and it would not allow me back in as server was deemed "unavailable" even though my skype friends were in the game.

Please vote and leave your thoughts on why she may or may not suck. If you do not have enough experience with her do not vote. (it took me until just the second game of playing her to figure her out)

SyskyIsNifty

09-24-2012

She doesn't suck, the people that play her do.

Aureline

09-24-2012

Hello! Thank you for posting this. You seem to have thought this out very well.

Syndra was the first champ I bought with RP, which gave me an odd sense of urgency in learning her mechanics and combos. I'm starting to ease into her rhythms a bit more. One thing I have noticed is that new Syndra players approach her like many approach the typical AP mid - like a high-damage assassain that's gonna carry the team to victory.

She's more like a high-range support in some cases. She's not quite backline, though, thanks to her E, but she doesn't have the survivability to be close range. In the games I've played as Syndra, I've been wracking up a ton more assists than kills, usually thanks to the utility on my slow, and careful aiming of my E.

Yep. I'll agree she's underpowered. There's never any real satisfying feeling to her kit, save for watching all the orbs pelt the enemy squishy when you ult.

I build Sorc boots, two Doran Rings, Chalice, then rush Deathcap, get Rylai's (though I might switch that one out) and finish to Unholy Grail. Lots of mana regen runes and whatnot.

I was quite pleased to discover one can get three orbs out by level two, without the need to rush CDR. That's another thing new Syndra players might find themselves doing, thinking you need 40%, when just careful timing is the case.

I also like the different setups with her orbs in lane, versus helping in a teamfight. You can also, if pushing the enemy's base tower, place orbs on either side of it and use a "Scatter the Week" (it helps to have it max rank for the width increase) to send the stun orbs out in a V, to deter anyone rushing to save the tower.

Those are just my jumbled thoughts. Cheers!

-Aure

NoneLikeRob

09-24-2012

I haven't gotten the chance to play a TON of Syndra games yet (my internet is being whacky and I am getting terrible lag spikes) but what I have played with her I have enjoyed. Like the previous poster said, she almost feels like more of a support than an actual carry unless you go against someone that just fails and you are roflstomping in lane. I personally build her boots/3 then rush a catalyst, couple dorans rings, finish off the RoA then rush a Rylais. After that it's situational, depending on how I am doing in lane, I usually take a rabadons and build either some armour or some MR depending on what is hurting me the most. I won't be doing crazy damage in lane phase, but I can hold my own and when the jungler comes to gank the opposite in lane better pray they haven't extended past the river otherwise they are dead. Come mid to late game it's just straight CC baby, set up them kills for your team and when the opportunity arrives, nuke the ADC with your ulti. I tend to score decent kills, but mostly assists with her, but all in all, I really enjoy Syndra.

Aureline

09-24-2012

I tried playing her support, like, full on support runes, masteries, items, bot lane and everything after observing my history with her and all the asists ..

.. It does not even remotely work at all ever.

You end up blowing your carry's last-hits away, you have absolutely no sustain. Only thing that works decently is checking bushes. But yeah. Pushing the lane and picking up your carry's last-hits and throwing them back in their face gives me a tiny rush of support vengeance, but yeah.

Not even remotely viable. I don't know why I thought it would be. Amusing, though.

Quick Rawr

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-24-2012

It's not that she sucks or anything.... It's just she doesn't have the team fight presence that many other AP mids have, or the single target massive nuking capabilities due to a lack of gap closer/single target quick explosion.

I think that most of it is that she needs to be on the same page as her teammates and the player needs to know how to properly play her. I see her as viable on ranked teams, but not solo queue. There are several champions like that, it's just how it is.

mistmann

09-24-2012

shes late game has no early game and the other team can snowball out of controll before she scales back with her, she is fun to play love her. just is weak

^^ i agree with quick roar too

Aureline

09-24-2012

Quote:
I see her as viable on ranked teams, but not solo queue.
^ This. She, ah "synergizes" (Boooooo) well with other champs. She can set things up well. If you have a great deal of communication with your pre-made, for example, the plays, baby, the plays!

But a balls-deep Syndra carry just isn't going to happen with her current kit. It's not that she's a support champ, it's that she almost needs other champions to be there with her so she can utilize her kit to its fullest potential.

Also, her ult is a great initator as well as a finished because when all the orbs are on the ground you can follow up with your E and have a wicked multi-stun for the rest of your team to act on.

Megaatrox

09-24-2012

I've been playing her alot.

She IS a carry. If your talented enough, she is a high damage spam q/w caster.
At lvl 9 her q is on like a 3 sec cooldown. Just spam that and use her e defensively or for long range stuns.

Her w does incredible damage too(more than q) but has a slightly higher cd and is easier to dodge and see coming. That's why I max q.

At level 9-10 you can q/w/r/e/ignite/q/w and almost guarantee a kill. And your e doesn't even have to stun. Her q/w damage output over a 10 sec fight is incredible enough and hard to beat if you can land fast paced skillshots.
^^^ Similar to Cassieopeia. Speed, accuracy, positioning. All essentials to playing her correctly.

~Her spells have 0 cast time~
Meaning while your running you can q or w without losing a step.

Aureline

09-24-2012

I have found, also, that it's not worth over-extending to land the ult. It has a pretty close range compared to her other abilities. If they're running away and are about to escape, rushing blindly after just to land that ult isn't such a great idea.

The orbs you do have placed are placed for a reason - to land the ult, and provide an escape through the E if you need it.