if you need advice from a 2k elo player about anything in LoL

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

FaerellG

Senior Member

09-23-2012

I'm not sure how into competitive gaming you are, but I know Pro-gamers tend to have a whole bunch of exercises they do to warm up. Whether it's playing a practice game or something more exercise-like.

Do you have any exercises or practice routines to help you maintain focus and improve reaction time? Those are the 2 biggest problems I'm facing right now. I tend to lose focus on the game.

It's like driving. You're focused for awhile, checking your rear view mirror and blind spots diligently, but after awhile, it just takes a lot out of you mentally and you go into auto-pilot mode. That's when you're likely to screw up.
Same with LoL, check that minimap diligently, be prepared to use your escapes and the likes. But after a certain bit, I just lose it. I mean, I was missing spell shields on Taric stuns. That should never happen. One of the easiest things in the world to block.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Hummin

Senior Member

09-23-2012

do you have a who counters who list? I have a general Idea of some, but I dont own some of the champs so im not sure how to match against them. also what runes are best for zyra? =)


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Hummin

Senior Member

09-23-2012

also, people tell me to pick a role and stick with it, but in ranked I dont always get those situations alot where i get what im asking, like I do well mid, very good adc, and a decent support, but should i limit myself to just one champ all the time or is it ok to be flexable in everything in that one role? like knowing when to pick leona over soraka, or lulu vs their support. I have so many questions sorry


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Bravest Leader

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

09-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaerellG View Post
I'm not sure how into competitive gaming you are, but I know Pro-gamers tend to have a whole bunch of exercises they do to warm up. Whether it's playing a practice game or something more exercise-like.

Do you have any exercises or practice routines to help you maintain focus and improve reaction time? Those are the 2 biggest problems I'm facing right now. I tend to lose focus on the game.

It's like driving. You're focused for awhile, checking your rear view mirror and blind spots diligently, but after awhile, it just takes a lot out of you mentally and you go into auto-pilot mode. That's when you're likely to screw up.
Same with LoL, check that minimap diligently, be prepared to use your escapes and the likes. But after a certain bit, I just lose it. I mean, I was missing spell shields on Taric stuns. That should never happen. One of the easiest things in the world to block.
Actually yes. This may sound silly but get up and stretch and maybe do some push-ups or pull ups between matches. It keeps you more awake if you blood is pumping.When you die, stand up and do some neck rolls. Keep cold water close by and drink often. Also it's just a focus issue. some people just cant play for hours at a time, simply taking a break is often a good idea.

I'm a violin teacher though, so I'm used to having 5 hour long rehearsals playing the same 2 pieces while trying to improve, so I've passed endurance training a bit.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Bravest Leader

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

09-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hummin View Post
do you have a who counters who list? I have a general Idea of some, but I dont own some of the champs so im not sure how to match against them. also what runes are best for zyra? =)
As for match ups, I don't have a comprehensive list written out, but you can join my room and ask for individual champs at any time.

As for runes, look at my profile and see the 'mage' book.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Hummin View Post
also, people tell me to pick a role and stick with it, but in ranked I dont always get those situations alot where i get what im asking, like I do well mid, very good adc, and a decent support, but should i limit myself to just one champ all the time or is it ok to be flexable in everything in that one role? like knowing when to pick leona over soraka, or lulu vs their support. I have so many questions sorry

no, do not limit yourself to one champ. You should get at LEAST two champs in every role you can play, and 5-8 champions that you know in your "good" roles. It's also good to have about 3 "main" champions in your best roles. Honestly you should play one or two games with every champion to know how they play.

Feel free to ask all you like.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

some1justhere

Junior Member

09-23-2012

Alright well this gentleman is very experienced and skilled. He gave several advice from his own experience. His answers are clear and he didn't even mind me spamming questions in his chatbox constantly. Thanks for the helpings cardboadowl.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

FaerellG

Senior Member

09-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardboardowl View Post
Actually yes. This may sound silly but get up and stretch and maybe do some push-ups or pull ups between matches. It keeps you more awake if you blood is pumping.When you die, stand up and do some neck rolls. Keep cold water close by and drink often. Also it's just a focus issue. some people just cant play for hours at a time, simply taking a break is often a good idea.

I'm a violin teacher though, so I'm used to having 5 hour long rehearsals playing the same 2 pieces while trying to improve, so I've passed endurance training a bit.
Ok, that's helpful. I remember at one point I was doing "punishment push-ups". I did 10 after every lost game. I wasn't really paying attention as to whether or not it was helping me or not though.

(though it made me stop playing after a certain number of losing streaks)


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Bravest Leader

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

09-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaerellG View Post
Ok, that's helpful. I remember at one point I was doing "punishment push-ups". I did 10 after every lost game. I wasn't really paying attention as to whether or not it was helping me or not though.

(though it made me stop playing after a certain number of losing streaks)
for a while i did ten for every death i had haha


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

FaerellG

Senior Member

09-24-2012

Any pointers on counter jungling?
My current problem is vision and ward coverage. I find that it costs a ton of gold to drop those extra wards in the opponent's jungle to safely counter jungle. Is there another way to get vision without having to rely on CV or delay my build that much?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Bravest Leader

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

09-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaerellG View Post
Any pointers on counter jungling?
My current problem is vision and ward coverage. I find that it costs a ton of gold to drop those extra wards in the opponent's jungle to safely counter jungle. Is there another way to get vision without having to rely on CV or delay my build that much?
you honestly only really need one ward. Te remain safe you have to watch the lanes and make sure your opponents stay there. If they dont leave, they wont be in the jungle.

If you are talking about the enemy jungler, don't counter jungle someone who can kill you if they catch you in the jungle.