[Suggestion] In game hot key for champion emotes

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sylph

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Emissary of the League

09-16-2010

Perhaps sometime in the future a hot key system could be considered to allow players to use champion emotes such as /dance, /laugh, or /taunt by pressing a single key on their keyboard.

Currently, without the aid of programmable keyboards, mice, or other input devices, this is only possible by manually typing in the commands. Amidst a heated combat situation, this sometimes proves a bit challenging. It would be nice to be able to assign a hot key in game to provide this type of functionality.

I realize that there are other, more critical issues and features that are pending. This is just a small suggestion for when time permits. Thank you for all of the continued support on this great title.

Fruitstrike

Software Engineer

09-17-2010
1 of 2 Riot Posts

Why would you want to dance in a team fight? o.O

Thanners

09-17-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylph1 View Post
Perhaps sometime in the future a hot key system could be considered to allow players to use champion emotes such as /dance, /laugh, or /taunt by pressing a single key on their keyboard.
Hotkey would be nice. This may or not help, though: you can just type /d, /l or /t (or /j) to execute the emotes, which can sometimes help when you want to very quickly get one off.

Mifunč

09-17-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fruitstrike View Post
Because you want to fool that Sona into thinking she got you with her Ult and then pounce on her. Or perhaps people are just fans of Glee and want to try their approach to winning?

Kirakishou

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

09-17-2010

Quote:
or perhaps sometimes one can not help but feel compelled to dance in a team fight... as long as the music started getting louder.

Sylph

Emissary of the League

09-22-2010

Quote:
Hi

Not necessarily dance, but a laugh or taunt would be fun to use once in a while to give the game more flavor. Please!

MUNDO FILE! (sorry inside joke)

Sylph

Emissary of the League

09-23-2010

Wow I got downvoted for a simple, non threatening suggestion. Awesome community.

QuickDraw McLawl

09-24-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylph1 View Post
Wow I got downvoted for a simple, non threatening suggestion. Awesome community.
because its a silly suggestion, I'd be pissed if i accidentally hit one of those hotkeys in a teamfight. If you must have it, learn how to use autohotkey

Fruitstrike

Software Engineer

09-24-2010
2 of 2 Riot Posts

Mundo sell!!!

Megahurts

09-24-2010

Mundo outsource your FACE