camera lock suggestion

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

betatrash

09-21-2012

someone has probably thought of this already, and since it hasn't been implemented, i assume it would be too difficult to do? although, i don't really see why.

allow the camera to lock the player at any location on the screen, not just the center. just offset the camera from the player basically.

probably the best way to do it is with a single key: player holds key and can pan camera (same as drag scroll), when player releases the key, the camera will lock at that offset to the player location.

betatrash

10-11-2012

hello? anyone listening? secretary out of the office and bob is on lunch break? great.

you'd just need to add an offset to the locked camera and add a key binding for 'lock+center camera' for the players that play unlocked, but still want the ability to lock+center with one key.

Triboon

01-16-2013

i honestly dont think changing the camera what so ever is going to improve performance for anyone.... like lets use your example ok im Brand and i want to have my camera a bit in front of me right? ok so its all good and stuff but then all of a sudden a RENGAR APPEARS!!! he was behind be the whole time and i didnt see! now im dead! so yeah doesnt work out to well and if it zoomed out more it would give to much away making ganks even harder to pull off

Gimpyloser

01-16-2013

I'd like to see a slide bar on the camera lock to adjust its position. Default is center, slide left or right to offset up or down. Reason being is when I am purple team bot lane, I would like to offset it while I lane. Clearly a hotkey in keybindings to default back to center would be needed as well. That way I could offset while laning and not have 1/4 of my screen blocked by interface and the default back to center when out of lane. I wish I were good like the streamers at 2k elo, but I'm not and I am sure there are a lot of others like me who feel cheated in bot lane especially.

Syrusa

01-20-2013

Well, truth is autolock is for new players. True story, all the dota vets unlocked that the first 30 seconds.