[CCFC Kit Remake] Zilean, the Chronokeeper

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

matrixEXO

09-21-2012

Stats:

Health: 380 + 71
Mana: 260 + 60

Health Regen: 4.6 + 0.5
Mana Regen: 6.95 + 0.65

Attack Damage: 48.6 + 3.1
Range: 550
Attack Speed: 0.625 + 2.13%

Armor: 6.75 + 3.8
Magic Resist: 30 + 0
Movement Speed: 310

Skills:

Passive
Accelerated Progress

All allied Champions gain XP boost. Increases XP earned from minions by 20. Increase XP earned from Champions by 40. Allied Champions that reach level 18 will instead gain a 10% cooldown reduction.

This effect does not apply while Zilean is dead.

Skill Q
Ticking Doom

Zilean places a time bomb onto the target enemy or allied unit. The time bomb will detonate after 4s, dealing 80/135/190/245/300 (AP * 1.0) magic damage in an area.

If the holder dies, the time bomb prematurely detonates, dealing 50% damage. If another time bomb is placed on the holder while it counts down, the first time bomb prematurely detonates, dealing 100% damage but for a smaller radius (60%).

NOTE: While counting down, it will deal true damage based on the timer number. 4 for 4 true damage, 3 for 3 true damage... etc. etc. down to 1, then boom.

AoE Radius: 350
Skill Range: 700
Mana Cost: 60/70/80/90/100
Cooldown: 10s

Skill W
Time Compression

Upon self cast, all of Zilean's other skills' cooldowns are reduced by 10s. Rewind does not affect itself or Summoner spells.

If this skill is cast on an enemy Champion, they will be Stasis-ed for 1/1.25/1.5/1.75/2s. Stasis Champions are snared and have 5x longer animation time. Projectiles shot by the Stasis-ed Champion are also slowed for the duration of the Stasis.

NOTE: Projectiles shot before the Champion is Stasis-ed are not affected.

NOTE: Animation time affects basic attack times/speed and spell casting times. This means that even though it isn't stated in the ASPD area, the champion will attack much slower and spells cast take a longer time to execute (ie: Darius' Ult takes even longer to complete).
The animation times will counterbalance based on how far the animation has went through upon the end of Stasis.

IE1: An animation of 1s is calculated to have a total of 5s animation time before a spell effect is released. 2s was taken to do the animation and upon the end of Stasis, 3s/5 (0.6s) is left to animate before a spell effect is released.

IE2: An animation of 1.2s total for casting a spell has just played 0.3s of it, when Stasis is placed on him. 0.9s x5 (4.5s) is taken to complete the animation. After 2s, the balance 2.5s/5 (0.5s) is taken to finish up the animation. Say the spell is cast in between the animation (at time 0.6s, the total time taken for the animation to cast the spell takes the total of 0.3s + 0.3s x5 (1.5s) = 1.8s total time.

Skill Range: 500
Mana Cost: 50
Cooldown: 18/16/14/12/10s

Skill E
Time Distortion

Zilean slows an enemy's movement speed or accelerate an ally's movement speed by 35/40/45/50/55 + (AP * 0.2)% for 3/3.5/4/4.5/5s, then regains their movement speed over 1s. Bonus from AP caps at 10/15/20/25/30%.

Skill Range: 700
Mana Cost: 80
Cooldown: 20s

Skill R
Chronos Effect

Creates a chronosphere on the target allied Champion for 5s. If the target takes lethal damage within the duration, instead of dying, they will immediately return to life after 0.5s of their death with 600/850/1100 (AP * 2.0) health and are immune to everything for 1.0s.

NOTE: Immune to everything includes crowd control effects, damage and healing effect.
NOTE: During the 1.0s, their health bar will raise up to how much the skill is suppose to restore.

Skill Range: 800
Mana Cost: 100/150/200
Cooldown: 180/150/120

matrixEXO

09-22-2012

Changelog:

Changed Accelerated Progress' level 18 bonus to 10% CDR from 20 MS.

Changed Ticking Doom's time bomb stack effect.

Changelog 2:

Removed Ticking Doom's stun effect when stacking bombs on the same target.
Increased Ticking Doom's Damage modifier on premature explosion for stacking bombs on the same target to 100% from 50%.
Reduced Ticking Doom's blast radius of the premature explosion when stacking bombs on the same target to 60% from 100%.

Changed Time Distortion's name to Time Compression.
Changed Time Compression's effect on enemy to Stasis from Immobilise.

Changed Time Warp's name to Time Distortion. (Since they actually mean the same thing.)

Reduced Chronos Effect's invulnerability time to 1.0s from 1.5s.

Blink1993

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-22-2012

He should be able to cast time distortion on allies to reduce their cool downs by 5s.

matrixEXO

09-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blink1993 View Post
He should be able to cast time distortion on allies to reduce their cool downs by 5s.
There was an idea of it. But I didn't since some Champions would be overpowered by this effect. Current cooldowns are tailored to each champion and possible CDR only. Adding this effect would cause a total imbalance. Imagine Yorick spamming ghosts, Lux firing her laser every 20s, Mordekaiser spamming his Q/W/E and getting ****-ton of shields, Graves tossing out double buckshots. You get the idea.

WonderBoy55

09-24-2012

I like some and don't like other parts.

I don't like that you shortened his Ult duration to 5 from 7. I also don't think 20 and 40 are good EXP values for his passive, what was wrong with 8%? 20 is HUGE for minions, that means that his team mates would hit level 2 after 1 creep wave.

A stun on his Q might be a little much, even if you reduce the damage, especially since you've already increased his other CC potential.

A snare is a nice addition to his CC, it's strong without being too powerful, and gives him a nice use for his W in combat.

What was the purpose of changing his speed boost to % scaling rather than the duration? With his current set up, he can permabuff or permaslow a target with 40% cdr, but with this change it wouldn't work.

matrixEXO

09-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by WonderBoy55 View Post
I like some and don't like other parts.

I don't like that you shortened his Ult duration to 5 from 7. I also don't think 20 and 40 are good EXP values for his passive, what was wrong with 8%? 20 is HUGE for minions, that means that his team mates would hit level 2 after 1 creep wave.

A stun on his Q might be a little much, even if you reduce the damage, especially since you've already increased his other CC potential.

A snare is a nice addition to his CC, it's strong without being too powerful, and gives him a nice use for his W in combat.

What was the purpose of changing his speed boost to % scaling rather than the duration? With his current set up, he can permabuff or permaslow a target with 40% cdr, but with this change it wouldn't work.
Thanks for your comments.

The idea of the XP change to a flat value is such that I wanted to make it more specific that with him there, there would be a gap in an early laning phase. This gap loses it's potential late game since the XP value starts to ramp up. I do like that 8%, don't get me wrong, but I feel it doesn't promote what it was meant to do, assist in leveling up faster to provide a level dominance over the opponent. Early game level dominance can put more pressure to the enemy team since they have to make smaller mistakes and each mistakes will cost them more. Late game, the dominance is more about team combo and skilled play so levels will not count for too much, unless your whole team starts to lead the enemy with 3 level lead.

The stun on his Q was more of a preventive measure in case you want that something against champions with more power in their spells than power in their auto-attacks. Champions like these, often than not, tear through people like butter. This also puts a play of whether you want a damage/stun combo or the snare/anti-AA effect. Good use will result in better lane support and dominance.

The reason why I changed his speed boost to % scaling instead of the old duration scaling was that I never found it really effective. When you haste an ally too fast, you end up stranded since you cannot catch up to him to continue hasting him. When you slow an enemy, they tend to still have enough movement speed and maneuverability that they can escape unless they burned flash somewhere 1s ago and then bumped into you. Overall, for me, there wasn't any real impact felt. 35% Tenacity reduces his 5.5s duration down to 3.575s. With 3.575s, that only counts if trying to slow an enemy that is already running and Zilean just doesn't have enough CC cycling to both haste himself and slow the enemy at the same time for a perma effect. May be my own problem, don't really know. Still thinking on it for a while since I still did like that perma-haste/perma-slow effect and was part of his skill technique.

WonderBoy55

09-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by matrixEXO View Post
Thanks for your comments.

The idea of the XP change to a flat value is such that I wanted to make it more specific that with him there, there would be a gap in an early laning phase. This gap loses it's potential late game since the XP value starts to ramp up. I do like that 8%, don't get me wrong, but I feel it doesn't promote what it was meant to do, assist in leveling up faster to provide a level dominance over the opponent. Early game level dominance can put more pressure to the enemy team since they have to make smaller mistakes and each mistakes will cost them more. Late game, the dominance is more about team combo and skilled play so levels will not count for too much, unless your whole team starts to lead the enemy with 3 level lead.

The stun on his Q was more of a preventive measure in case you want that something against champions with more power in their spells than power in their auto-attacks. Champions like these, often than not, tear through people like butter. This also puts a play of whether you want a damage/stun combo or the snare/anti-AA effect. Good use will result in better lane support and dominance.

The reason why I changed his speed boost to % scaling instead of the old duration scaling was that I never found it really effective. When you haste an ally too fast, you end up stranded since you cannot catch up to him to continue hasting him. When you slow an enemy, they tend to still have enough movement speed and maneuverability that they can escape unless they burned flash somewhere 1s ago and then bumped into you. Overall, for me, there wasn't any real impact felt. 35% Tenacity reduces his 5.5s duration down to 3.575s. With 3.575s, that only counts if trying to slow an enemy that is already running and Zilean just doesn't have enough CC cycling to both haste himself and slow the enemy at the same time for a perma effect. May be my own problem, don't really know. Still thinking on it for a while since I still did like that perma-haste/perma-slow effect and was part of his skill technique.
Ahh cool. I totally see your point on the early game advantage. It would make a much bigger impact for organized teams. It could give lots of play around champions with strong level 2 or 3. That makes sense. The 10% CDR at 18 also makes sense, as the passive becomes useless once everyone is level 18.

I get where you're going with the Q stun now. The only ways to shut down AD Carries are Hard CC, blinds or Attack Speed slows. Out of those, blind doesn't make much sense and a 1 second isn't too bad either. It would give him a way to interrupt channels too.

Also now that you mention tenacity and the lack of scaling, it does seem a little weak.

Thanks for answering so quickly, it put this whole design into perspective. Nice work, I'd really like to see some/all of these changes come through for our favorite chrono-keeper.

CS3Narutoi

09-24-2012

Passive - Good passive that now helps at 18

Q - Good way to provide CC

W - Might be a bit too much, since he has slow already... = very hard to gank... =P

E - is ok, has similar feel as current one, if not stronger

R - Revive AND immune too strong in my opinion... XD

Overall - I really like how now his passive won't be useless late game, and that he has a better form in CC to disrupt enemies. This can make him more viable mid or support or other roles. =D I also agree that his W needs another effect, as for the ult... I think the current one is ok as it is.

matrixEXO

09-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by cs3narutoi View Post
Passive - Good passive that now helps at 18

Q - Good way to provide CC

W - Might be a bit too much, since he has slow already... = very hard to gank... =P

E - is ok, has similar feel as current one, if not stronger

R - Revive AND immune too strong in my opinion... XD

Overall - I really like how now his passive won't be useless late game, and that he has a better form in CC to disrupt enemies. This can make him more viable mid or support or other roles. =D I also agree that his W needs another effect, as for the ult... I think the current one is ok as it is.
Hmm... W needs a new enemy-target model huh. Might change that, given my abilities seem heavily CC-oriented. A little spicing up... gonna rethink some things.

Also, the immune effect is to keep up with the revive animation (the wind circling around the character). Apart from that, a 1.5s revive invulnerability is just a small token, as the revive duration is dropped to 5s (shorter than the already 7s duration). Though I do understand where you stand on this, since high damage Champions can use this to overpower other Champions within the 1.5s invul time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WonderBoy55 View Post
Ahh cool. I totally see your point on the early game advantage. It would make a much bigger impact for organized teams. It could give lots of play around champions with strong level 2 or 3. That makes sense. The 10% CDR at 18 also makes sense, as the passive becomes useless once everyone is level 18.

I get where you're going with the Q stun now. The only ways to shut down AD Carries are Hard CC, blinds or Attack Speed slows. Out of those, blind doesn't make much sense and a 1 second isn't too bad either. It would give him a way to interrupt channels too.

Also now that you mention tenacity and the lack of scaling, it does seem a little weak.

Thanks for answering so quickly, it put this whole design into perspective. Nice work, I'd really like to see some/all of these changes come through for our favorite chrono-keeper.
That is only with tenacity. Non-tenacity builders still suffer a maximum duration value. But the effect is still bad since there are literally some things that might or should be tweaking before it feels right, like the overabundance of CC that he has right now.

Also, the stun is not the real ADC shutter. It's his current W, which prevent AA from happening, as well as the snare. The stun currently is actually more of a counter AP skill, given that his current W allows skills to still occur. Which is why I'm trying to set up some ideas before I decide which I want to put in, and which I don't want to to replace the current W.

EDIT: Completely re-hauled the design for the stuns and effects for both Q and W. Now there is no more stuns for Q but more damage, stacking-wise, whereas W is a now complete ***** to anyone, not just ADCs anymore. And it isn't overpowered with that short duration.

Reason for this editing is two-fold, one is to keep with the idea that his Q is his uber damage dealing tool (and the only one). Another is to add a better spice to his W, which makes it quite strong/weak depending on your timing.

CS3Narutoi

09-25-2012

What I think about that recent change:
The more damage for Q helps give him more damage, as he has only 1 main damage ability

I like the updated W, it gives a new unique kind of CC. Also fits well since he is a time mage so he can like freeze / slow time XD

Now that the invulnerable is 1 second, I think it actually might work! The short duration can help allies dish out some damage, but now long enough to wreck the whole enemy team. It can also help to escape when using E on them =)

What I think about the Zilean currently:
Right now, I don't see many people plying him, and neither do I play him much. He only has his Q for damage so he's not seen in mid very often as he can be easily countered. He also can't really support, as he lacks the heal or shield or buffs or strong CC that goes well with the ADC. His ult and low CD for it is one of the main reasons why I play him.

What I think about your improved one:
With the extra damage for Q, this can help him deal way more damage, making him more viable as mid. His new form of W gives him the CC, and can be a game changer if used correctly along with the ult, although now we will miss the 30sec ult. =P The ultimate is now even stronger, and can almost help the ally escape 100% of the time with the speed boost. Oh yeah, and passive not useless at 18 now. ;D