Season Two World Championship Format

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TheFlyingSpoon

09-21-2012

Please oh Please use a streaming format that allows viewers to turn down the video quality!

NA Regionals were unwatchable in their live-stream format.

Thanks!

Noobeeus

09-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magus View Post
Here's an image of the schedule for the first day. We'll reveal which team plays which in the quarterfinals after the first day.

[aws2=forum/S2_WC_Schedule/Time.jpg]forum/S2_WC_Schedule/Time_small.jpg[/aws2]
So epic!!

12 hours of live streams on day one!!

MattMarcou

eSports Manager

Follow RiotMarcou on Twitter

09-21-2012
6 of 6 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Posioned Ruby View Post
I like how the money for the 12th place = 1st place money in alot of the other events XD
This is not your average tournament.

bloatedbubbleman

09-21-2012

please let us have the option to switch to lower quality. not all of us are blessed with good internet.

TheNutKickerHARD

09-21-2012

Najin sword gets it the easiest.

deepbluereason

09-21-2012

Random drawing for group round byes. Really?

TiNnGuYeN123

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-21-2012

rooting for saigon jokers

caput draconis

09-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cero View Post
I don't like the idea of byes. Should've just had 16 teams in total and had 4 groups.

Add Curse, Fnatic, EHOME, and Azubu Blaze.
Totally right. The teams that won their regionals should get nothing out of that and should have to win just as many games as the teams that took 2nd and 3rd.

Hell with this mindset, we might as well get 4 from each region, flip a coin, 2 winners flip again for 1st and 2nd and the 2 losers flip for 3rd and 4th!!!! Byes are a reward for winning yor region. There is nothing wrong with them, and actually should be used more!

caput draconis

09-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepbluereason View Post
Random drawing for group round byes. Really?
Again, not a random drawing. All 4 teams with byes won their respective regional tournies. The only one that won, that didn't get a bye is Frost, and i believe that is because they don't have as many teams in the OGN league as are in the other ones. But i am not positive!

Disillusion

09-21-2012

Group A:

Frost takes 1st. 2nd goes to either CLG.NA or SK. Could go either way.

Group B:

CLG.eu takes 1st, Najin Sword takes 2nd.

For an ultimate championships (biggest event ever in prize money), single elimination is a bit disappointing.

The three favorites are CLG.eu, M5, and Frost, possibly in that order. If M5 wins this, even if they never play CLG.eu at all, I don't think any CLG fanboys can still call CLG the better team, even though they would still hold a winning head to head of 4-2 in LANs. "Better" is not decided by a single head to head against one team, but on how well they do against all other teams overall. You also have to beat lesser teams, not just each other, to be considered the better team. M5 has never lost a match (best of one, or best of three) to any team other than CLG.eu.