Season Two World Championship Format

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kvoth3

09-21-2012

GL Hotshot!

Junigenmukyoku

09-21-2012

I think the way they did the byes was terrible. I mean really, a lottery? It's so damn unfair for the team that was left out. They also worked hard throughout the season to achieve their points and you guys use a lottery to decide the byes? That's just totally unfair considering this is a tourny has a 1 million dollar prize. I expected it to be well thought out since it's the biggest LoL tourny...

Nintura

09-21-2012

If Azubu and M5 play.... I think I'm willing to spend all my money for plane tickets and tickets to the event....

Magus

Director of Esports

09-21-2012
5 of 6 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leib Olmai View Post
You should mention of those time are PST or EST and maybe make a chart for EST/CEST and the other important one too.

You mentioned the english commentator, are you guys going to have French/German/Chinese/Korean/Etc commentator too ?

If not, you guys need to step it up and hire more than only the english one.
There will be streams in a number of different languages. We're finalizing the details there and will share it with you when we can.

Damhur

09-21-2012

Go M5!

Leib Olmai

09-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magus View Post
There will be streams in a number of different languages. We're finalizing the details there and will share it with you when we can.
Thanks, that's a very good news.

Texturized

09-21-2012

random draw for byes? you have to be kidding me the amount of time you guys had to plan this and you couldn't develop a format where something like this wouldn't need to have happened? I'd be hella pissed if i was azubu blaze especially when TPA and W.E have fallen of the totem pole in the last few months.

sangomango

09-21-2012

Where are the 4 seeded teams placed in the bracket? It does not say where M5, TSM, etc are on the bracket.

Mnxanr

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-21-2012

Probably the worst format I've ever seen.

How can you say that this will be competitive when teams get a Bye for their performance 2 months before the actual event... One thing Dota 2 got right was their season finals format... 2 groups of 6 teams, top 4 of each group go to winner's bracket, bottom 2 go to loser's bracket, now that's competitive!

Ogaflow

09-21-2012

I like everything about what you guys are "trying" to do with regards to professional play and getting e-sports on the map but this is kind of pathetic.... First you run with only 12 teams which creates an unfair setup and THEN you do a random pick for a team that SHOULD have a bye to not get one.... It really looks like you guys thought well ahead at the start of the season, then when regionals and finals came up you got caught up in the excitement of the games that you forgot how to format a tournament.... Better luck next year Riot. lol