Petition: Warwick's and Soraka's new lores need revision!

First Riot Post
123456 ... 9
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Unholyrath

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

09-21-2012

Actually, I like Warwick's new lore. As the red said, it really was focused a bit more on Soraka than Warwick.

However, Soraka's lore just sucks. Especially when it mentions in Warwick's lore that he FAILS to obtain her blood, but somehow manages to stab her and draw blood. Seems a bit contradictory.

Of course, it doesn't surprise me much. The loss of the Lore department is still obvious at Riot.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ValorAndGlory

Senior Member

09-21-2012

after reading the new lore I felt like I needed to curl up in a corner and cry. There is just so many thing in the horrible new lore that hurt my feels, I mean part of the reason that I unlocked Soraka in the first place was her original lore, the whole story being a classic one of any being that does wrong will in turn will have wrong done back to them, but now it is seems just so lack luster. Riot if you do anything please do not change Sorakas' or Warwicks' lore for that is what makes them who they are and the new lore is just so bad.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Phreak

Shoutcaster

09-21-2012
1 of 1 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dobyk View Post
D In the new lore, Warwick is just a manhunter and a specimen hunter. There is no allusion to him being an alchemist, or being in any way a brilliant scientist. This, to me, is degrading to his intelligence and prominence in Zaun. He is just a hunter... boring. His personality is just as "underdeveloped" as RiotRuunan suggests, as it was in the old lore. In fact, I don't think that in the old lore his personality was underdeveloped at all.
I have to disagree, at least as far as Wariwck is concerned. Yes, he's ruthless and bloodthirsty. That hasn't changed so much.

But as for being clever and intelligent, I think it's just a different brand of intelligence. The man set up an elaborate trap to get close to Soraka. He set up a fake wife, lured others into attacking him, and perfectly manipulated Soraka's all-in "I will help you" compulsion to draw her into the perfect trap. He read her like a book and wagered his life that she'd show up just when she did. He even got her to break her practically forced vow of nonviolence.

To me, that feels way more intelligent than most villains I've seen.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Rav Abaddon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

09-21-2012

Soraka from before seemed stupid. How can you be so powerful and be blind to consequences? At least now she'd have an excuse for naivete; seclusion and manipulation. And Warwick isn't some wackjob who has no purpose; he got cursed, he liked it, he did nothing with it, had no plans to do anything with it, and had no outside influences making him do things with it.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Axhliay

Senior Member

09-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phreak View Post
I have to disagree, at least as far as Wariwck is concerned. Yes, he's ruthless and bloodthirsty. That hasn't changed so much.

But as for being clever and intelligent, I think it's just a different brand of intelligence. The man set up an elaborate trap to get close to Soraka. He set up a fake wife, lured others into attacking him, and perfectly manipulated Soraka's all-in "I will help you" compulsion to draw her into the perfect trap. He read her like a book and wagered his life that she'd show up just when she did. He even got her to break her practically forced vow of nonviolence.

To me, that feels way more intelligent than most villains I've seen.
You wouldnt think that people would actually read lore?

When you read Warwicks lore, you see that he's just not this wolf that is hungry people roaming around in the woods. It gives him another side. And intelligent side. All of these lore reworks that you have been doing are quite frankly boring and lacking any major substance. Theres no creativity in them. Which is what the old lore had.

Tbh, the new lore makes him seem Mundo tier when it comes to intelligence. A major step back from what people who read the law though he was.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Arcane Azmadi

Senior Member

09-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axhliay View Post
You wouldnt think that people would actually read lore?

When you read Warwicks lore, you see that he's just not this wolf that is hungry people roaming around in the woods. It gives him another side. And intelligent side. All of these lore reworks that you have been doing are quite frankly boring and lacking any major substance. Theres no creativity in them. Which is what the old lore had.

Tbh, the new lore makes him seem Mundo tier when it comes to intelligence. A major step back from what people who read the law though he was.
Cannot agree with that. To be honest, the new lore paints Warwick as far more intelligent than before- ruthless, cunning and completely ammoral. The old lore TOLD us that he was some kind of genius alchemist, but didn't SHOW us anything to support this, other than that he apparently did something horrible enough to make Soraka lose her sh*t with him. In the new lore he sets up a cunning ploy to manipulate Soraka, take advantage of her kindness and lure her into a position of vulnerability, leading to him very nearly killing a demigod with a knife. That's not only scarily intelligent, it's also wickedly villainous. His new character background also gels a lot better with the character as portrayed in-game- didn't you ever wonder why he was called "The Blood Hunter" when he's supposed to be some kind of mad scientist?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor Swole View Post
this just in, champion lores are lame. don't know why they're spending resources on lore. noone cares about lore. LoL might as well be a fighting game.

One map. Characters do battle to the death. There is no world, exploration or main storyline. It's a huge waste of money. Like does subzero have lore? Does scorpion have lore? No they're ****ing ninjas. Don't waste your money on lore lmao. Noone plays LoL for the lore
Dude, this is the most hilariously wrong thing I have read in AGES.

1. "No-one cares about lore"? Well, apparently this thread (and the entire Lore subforum) are just a figment of your imagination. You realise how stupid you sound yet? What you meant to say was "I don't care about lore" in which case you should seriously just bugger off. We don't care about you in this thread.

2. "Like does subzero have lore? Does scorpion have lore?" Hahahahahahahahaha! ...oh wait, you're serious? Let me laugh harder: HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Mortal Kombat has one of the most insanely overcomplicated, convoluted and ridiculous backstories of ANY fighting game. Here, read these for starters:
Sub-Zero
Scorpion

Dude, you owned yourself SO HARD!


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Prince Kassad

Senior Member

09-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phreak View Post
I have to disagree, at least as far as Wariwck is concerned. Yes, he's ruthless and bloodthirsty. That hasn't changed so much.

But as for being clever and intelligent, I think it's just a different brand of intelligence. The man set up an elaborate trap to get close to Soraka. He set up a fake wife, lured others into attacking him, and perfectly manipulated Soraka's all-in "I will help you" compulsion to draw her into the perfect trap. He read her like a book and wagered his life that she'd show up just when she did. He even got her to break her practically forced vow of nonviolence.

To me, that feels way more intelligent than most villains I've seen.
I completely agree. The new Warwick lore is MUCH cooler. I always thought it was stupid how he was supposed to be a chemist, and I think his backstory as a bounty hunter is more fitting for the character.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dobyk

Member

09-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phreak View Post
I have to disagree, at least as far as Wariwck is concerned. Yes, he's ruthless and bloodthirsty. That hasn't changed so much.

But as for being clever and intelligent, I think it's just a different brand of intelligence. The man set up an elaborate trap to get close to Soraka. He set up a fake wife, lured others into attacking him, and perfectly manipulated Soraka's all-in "I will help you" compulsion to draw her into the perfect trap. He read her like a book and wagered his life that she'd show up just when she did. He even got her to break her practically forced vow of nonviolence.

To me, that feels way more intelligent than most villains I've seen.

Yes, I see where you're coming from, and I agree that this is a different brand of intelligence. But to be honest for me as a reader, a brilliant alchemist that causes destruction and suffering is more emotionally engaging than the more conman-oriented new Warwick. I don't want to be offensive or intrusive, it is just my opinion, sorry if it sounded harsh. But I still feel (and think) that the old Warwick was better. I don't mind lore changes, as long as they are based off the old lore and actually add to the original story (in a meaningful way) rather than make us feel this is a different champion (although as you pointed out the personality is still the same). It just doesn't feel right.

What do you think about Soraka though?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mad Grey Wolf

Senior Member

09-21-2012

18 months in a year now?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dobyk

Member

09-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScorchXBanister View Post
Soraka from before seemed stupid. How can you be so powerful and be blind to consequences? At least now she'd have an excuse for naivete; seclusion and manipulation. And Warwick isn't some wackjob who has no purpose; he got cursed, he liked it, he did nothing with it, had no plans to do anything with it, and had no outside influences making him do things with it.

She wasn't stupid, she was impulsive and led by emotion. That is what makes her so human and in a sense flawed (although she is/was divine). It is not stupidity or naivete


123456 ... 9