Gallow, the Midnight Stalker

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

matrixEXO

09-21-2012

Theme:
Jack the Ripper, but scarcely based around him. High damage single-target priority Champion.

Lore:
Many tales are told down in Zaun. All these different tales pertaining a man, a Being, that stalks near midnight. Where he hunts his prey by following them along the rooftops and when they are alone, he strikes by deluding them into a magical maze, repeating the same scene over and over again. When the moon shines on the prey's head, he strikes down with a single blow that is guaranteed to take a life of the prey.

So, many fear the midnights of Zaun, where they fear to fall prey to this man. Singed gave this man a name, Gallow, to represent the way all the victim's death come from, above. And so, comes the stalker of midnight to prey upon his next victim in the Fields of Justice. Whom might his eyes fall upon? Where might his next victim be sprawled up on the floor? What other gruesome and frightening story of Gallow will be next? Only he truly knows. And when you do too, you know your life is at it's end.

Skills:

Passive
Ghost Walk

As long as Gallow is not seen by any enemy units, he gains bonus 100 movement speed. Stealth affects this too. Has a 2s cooldown time upon exiting enemy vision.

NOTE: If the enemy is stealthed and sees Gallow, Gallow will lose this bonus. Vision from wards will also remove this bonus. Conversely, if Gallow is stealthed and not seen by Oracled Champion or Vision wards, he gains this bonus even when he is within the enemy's sight range.

Skill Q
Shadowing

Stealths for 6/7/8/9/10s. Upon attacking, Gallow deals 30/45/60/75/90 + (AD * 1.2) physical damage and the target is stunned for 1s. Applies on-hit effects.

Fade time of 1s that can be interrupted to up to 3s. Instantly stealths if no enemy has vision of Gallow.

NOTE: Cooldown starts immediately upon stealthing.

Mana Cost: 50
Cooldown: 12s

Skill W
Vicious Aim

Passive: Basic attacks causes the target to bleed, dealing 15/30/45/60/75 + (Bonus AD * 0.45) physical damage over 3s. Additionally, the bleed effect will stack on each other, but are of independent timer values.

NOTE: Stacks does not have a limit but since the timer is independent, there are no duration refreshing taking place.

Skill E
Marked for Execution

Target enemy is marked for 3/3.75/4.5/5.25/6s. Marked targets are dealt 7/9/11/13/15% more damage from Gallow's basic attacks and if it dies to Gallow, he permanently gains 1 AD.

NOTE: Does not boost on-hit damages from items or skills, including Madred's Bloodrazor and Vicious Aim. The boosted damage will be calculated if the attack crits.

NOTE: Has no cast time and can be cast while in the middle of an animation (ie: moving, attacking, Stalking an enemy).

NOTE: Places an icon above the target. The icon above the target can only be seen by Gallow.

Mana Cost: 75
Cooldown: 15s

Skill R
Midnight Loop

For 3/4/5s, the target area is looped, where the enemy Champions within will loop over to the opposite side of the AoE edge when trying to go out from one side. While the enemy is inside this area, Vicious Aim's damage is dealt in full, instead of over time. If the target tries to backtrack within 2s of appearing from the other side, he will be blocked and is unable to progress. Backtrack covers 90 degrees of the area. Additionally, the target's vision is reduced to 200 for the duration.

NOTE: The enemy Champion that loops over to the other side will still appear within the area, not outside of it. The loop, however, allows an enemy Champion to go into the area. If the enemy decides to flash past the area's edge, they will still loop back to the other side of the area, at it's edge.

NOTE: The loop's edge is designated as a grey ring, similar to Eve's and Rengar's passive. This ring is only visible to Gallow.

NOTE: For aesthetic reasons, the target's own view will show a grey fog over his vision, instead of a black fog. Additionally, his vision range is shown to be in full even though his true vision range is only 200 (the supposed vision outside of the real one is covered with fog as well, but is semi-transparent).

AoE Radius: 500.
Skill Range: 500
Mana Cost: 100
Cooldown: 120/100/80

matrixEXO

09-21-2012

Changelog 1:
Expanded the Lore a bit more.

Reduced Stalking's AD ratio to 1.2 from 1.5.

Changed Midnight Loop's targeting to area targeting from unit targeting.
Edited Midnight Loop's Note 1 for better clarification.
Reduced Midnight Loop's loop-circle to 500 from 600.
Reduced Midnight Loop's skill range to 500 from 1000.

Havoc202

09-21-2012

Passive : This is good for mobility, I see him being a good jungle for the entrence and exits of fights. Though it would be crippiling if they whole team bought vision wards. So might consider another passive or maybe reduce the amount by half so it doesnt comepletly dissapper...

Q : I Found this move to kinda remind me of Twitch just minus the stun. Damage seem relativly balance. Overall, Very good move, to me it is not that unique.

W: Found this to be alittle weak, I used a 500 Ad Build Idea and it came out to 300, I might have goofed but that is relativly weak. Creativity wise, again seems lacking, lots of people have dots. Only this one does not stack. Not mean to be harsh but Just seems to lack something to make him stand out. Though I might change my mind...

E : Besides the mark which makes him have to kill the target in order to get this it seems like a knock of Viegars Q. I like the idea of marking them forcing them to either kill the target or no Ad.... Mark made this unique.

R: This move when I read it seems very confusing. So Any enemies trapped in this loop are stuck in it until A) This champion dies, b) Time of move runs out, C) Enemy Champion dies? It seems very confusing and if it is not doing any damage besides granting him the no dot on his E kinda makes this champion weak....

Overall, R and E are very unique though this champion only has two damaging moves which are okay but he lacks damage. I would try to see if you could add like an AoE to the R to make it punishing for getting caught. Might I recommend Also getting more CC then a 1 second stun. If you stun them for one second, while yes it might kill them but a flash or a good player would dodge death. Needs something to catch them besides the stun. Keep Working on Him, It will take some time to get things down pat! I am Not here to say your champion is bad and if you feel that way I am sorry. I didnt not mean to do so. I hope you can keep trying!

matrixEXO

09-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Havoc202 View Post
Passive : This is good for mobility, I see him being a good jungle for the entrence and exits of fights. Though it would be crippiling if they whole team bought vision wards. So might consider another passive or maybe reduce the amount by half so it doesnt comepletly dissapper...

Q : I Found this move to kinda remind me of Twitch just minus the stun. Damage seem relativly balance. Overall, Very good move, to me it is not that unique.

W: Found this to be alittle weak, I used a 500 Ad Build Idea and it came out to 300, I might have goofed but that is relativly weak. Creativity wise, again seems lacking, lots of people have dots. Only this one does not stack. Not mean to be harsh but Just seems to lack something to make him stand out. Though I might change my mind...

E : Besides the mark which makes him have to kill the target in order to get this it seems like a knock of Viegars Q. I like the idea of marking them forcing them to either kill the target or no Ad.... Mark made this unique.

R: This move when I read it seems very confusing. So Any enemies trapped in this loop are stuck in it until A) This champion dies, b) Time of move runs out, C) Enemy Champion dies? It seems very confusing and if it is not doing any damage besides granting him the no dot on his E kinda makes this champion weak....

Overall, R and E are very unique though this champion only has two damaging moves which are okay but he lacks damage. I would try to see if you could add like an AoE to the R to make it punishing for getting caught. Might I recommend Also getting more CC then a 1 second stun. If you stun them for one second, while yes it might kill them but a flash or a good player would dodge death. Needs something to catch them besides the stun. Keep Working on Him, It will take some time to get things down pat! I am Not here to say your champion is bad and if you feel that way I am sorry. I didnt not mean to do so. I hope you can keep trying!
Passive: Was designed to facilitate in speed movement around the map when undetected. Being detected not only removes it but also informs you in a way that you are being detected. A plus-plus in my opinion.

Q: I know it does not have that unique sense to it. Not suppose to anyway, given the exhaustive amount of stealth skills out in the suggestion boxes, other than the existing Champions' current/old ones.

W: It doesn't stack, yes. But each hit still applies it's own stack. This means every hit independently adds stacks which do not have it's timer refreshed for each additional stack added. The goal with this skill is actually to promote sustained moderate-heavy damage over a short duration of time spent in auto-attacking, without the idea of refreshing the timer of each stack. (IE: Say you attack 3 times with 1.5 ASPD. On the third hit, the first stack will have 1.67s left, the second stack with 2.33 and the third stack will have 3s on it's timer.)

E: Nah, not just Veigar's. Sion's E and Nasus' Q also needs direct kills for it to gain their permanent boosts.

R: Yes, it has the first 2 clauses as said above, third does not apply to it though even if it is still active, it becomes useless for it's remaining duration. No, it does give a tactical advantage. Enemy that tries to escape will be ported back to the opposite end of the circle. This means fleeing is not an option. What this skill actually excels in is mainly isolation/quarantine of target, whether for defense purposes or offense purposes. Instant W damage may not seem big, but compared to waiting it out over 3s, I say it's giving a boost. That and if you could have killed him without waiting for the DoT to tick out first, all the more better since you can focus on other units.