It's nice to meet you all, hope to have more fun.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Shadowsanddust88

09-20-2012

What's going on people? My summoner name's Shadowsanddust88, Vincent irl. I was hoping for a chance to make some new online friends through LoL, my girlfriend was the one who got me hooked on this game. I've only played a handful of games compared to the untold thousads of others, but so far it's exciting, a good challenge too.

Also, another goal for this post is for trying to find people who are good with Sion to try and figure out how to use this undead beast a little more - I like the voice acting, and have read some reviews through other websites. If that's a question to post on a different forum, I'd appreciate it if someone directed me that way. Either way, having fun and taking the time to learn the game from more experienced players is more than worth it.

Thanks for taking the time to read this, hope we can enjoy a match together sometime!

Elanorien

09-20-2012

I think you're fine posting that question here ^_^. And welcome to the game! =D It's kind of refreshing to see a new player with such a positive outlook, lol....most come here to complain about the community and trolls :3. (Which if you haven't encountered yet, is a bit of a horrible blemish on an otherwise amazing game, but gotta take the bad with the good). It's really a fun game that you can spend a ton of hours investing in learning thoroughly or just play a match a day and still enjoy.

Unfortunately, I'm not much of a Sion player, but do you prefer to play him AP or AD? Most will tell you AD is the better route, and generally I think it is, more reliable and more sustained damage output....but AP's hella fun .

Feel free to ask questions here if you like, it's a good place to do so if you're trying to hammer out the basic concepts. Can always ask me in game too if you like ^_^.

Shadowsanddust88

09-20-2012

No, no I've seen a few of the types you're referring too... I don't know, it's a game a bunch of developers made to be able to enjoy it and get the chance to learn some cool new stories and opportunities. But that's a different topic lol. Like stated before, my girlfriend and I enjoy playing this a couple of games a day. We're both becoming junkies for it

I'd prefer to play him as AD, and cannibalize mid way through to see if he really is as epic as a few others have told me he could be. I try to balance between him and Kayle, but will try a new one now and again. Who do you prefer using?

Thanks for responding, you'll end up seeing my newb self here a few more times to get advice from others. Much appreciated.

Elanorien

09-20-2012

I'll keep an eye out then ^_^. I've been playing the game for about 2 years now, but fairly new to the forum....though spamming it a lot recently. I kinda like lurking around this one and trying to answer ppl's questions, so post away! In fact, I think I've been on the forums more than in game the past few days ,haha...my boyfriend's waiting to play a match as we speak....er, type .

Anyway, yeah, I feel like AP Sion, while super fun, is more of a gimmicky novelty. His stun and shield will just blow the hell out of someone....but after that he's useless til they're off CD again, so if you don't 2 shot your target, you're in trouble, lol. So yeah, AD's ultimately more effective.

My personal favorites are mostly mages mid lane and supports bot (you'll learn, if you haven't yet, there's a bit of a standard "meta" team set up with roles and positions). If I had to pick my all time fav.'s though, I'd say probably Leona, Sona, Zyra, Morgana, Diana, Lux. If moving out of my usual role, I like Yorrick and Wukong for top, Miss Fortune, Draven, and Varus for AD carries, and I usually use tanks for jungling.

Kayle's a super fun champ though, good early choice as she can be played different ways in different positions, she was one of my most played while leveling.

Andarel

09-20-2012

Nice to meet ya, it's a huge community so there are always plenty of new players floating around.

AD Sion is a mid-lategame monstrosity, with farmed-up health and immense damage...as long as he can keep autoattacking. He's got the amazing stun with Cryptic Gaze, but if he gets hit by a stun he tends to just...splat. Regardness, his ult lets him get tons of lifesteal and attack speed so grabbing some damage item (Infinity Edge is strong for that) and then going defensive with maybe a Phantom Dancer somewhere for the crit chance would let you not instantly die while still dealing a lot of damage. Unfortunately, his tendency to need to stick to people, combined with his need to be in the middle of fights leads to him either not getting stunned, healing faster than he takes damage, and killing all the enemies due to his ult or just dying.

Quicksilver Sash is super-good on him for this reason.

Shadowsanddust88

09-20-2012

Really quick, I want to give a shout out to OliverTuddrussel. He added me after seeing this post and gave me a lot of great advice for the game and making sure I find a good tank to suit my playing style. Very cool person and much appreciated

I can already see your Bf itching to get in to a game with you XD

Much thanks for the advice Andarel. Crypitc gaze and cannibalize, is from what I'm reading, is the way to go with him for someone at my experience and level. Hopefully when I start to become as good as you all I'll give the same advice to people starting off.

Elanorien

09-20-2012

Paying it forward is a great attitude to take in this community ^_^. Sadly there is sooooooooo much negativity. Always important to rise above it, politely and constructively guide others, and set a positive example =D. And so far I don't think that'll be a prob for you, you seem like a good addition to the community ^_^.

Wilwariniel

Sr. QA Analyst

09-20-2012
1 of 1 Riot Posts

Welcome, Shadowsanddust88! I hope you've been enjoying the game so far, and get the chance to make a bunch of new friends. Good luck and happy gaming!

Shadowsanddust88

09-20-2012

Thank you Wilwariniel. I just finished a few quick matches and had a blast. It's been well worth downloading and buying some RP. Also, I mentioned someone by the name of OliverTuddrussel. He was very good people and took the time to show me a thing or two. Any way to hook him up outside or recognition here?

@Elanorien.. I'm glad you think so. I'm usually an XBOX live gamer, and it's so absurdly competitive on there that, honestly, it destroys a lot of the game for me. I just end up shutting off tamspeaks and chats to be left alone when I play - which is kind of a drag too. If someone shows respect, I'll always give it back. Momma didn't raise no foo'.

And to anyone else reading this, if you're new add me It'll be nice to have some morning games with other people in my position before work.

Alrighty then.

OliverTuddrussel

09-20-2012

Dude, giving me a shout out is totally unnecessary but at the same time, totally appreciated.

I remember when I was a wee lad at level 10, I had some good people show me the game, so now I stalk the new player forum adding people, teaching them the ropes.

Once again, thanks for the shout out though ^^ I'm just doing what I like to do. :3