Who are the good guys?

Demanicia are 182 35.00%
Noxian are 74 14.23%
Both are 74 14.23%
Both are EVIL 190 36.54%
Voters: 520. You may not vote on this poll

Demencia and Noxus, which are the good guys and which are the bad?

First Riot Post
12345 ... 9
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sakagami0

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-16-2010

The one with a society where Dracoian law flourishes "they adopt seemingly draconian measures", promotes the caste system "Those who seek personal gain at the expense of others quickly find themselves ostracized", forces religion and morals "are expected to share the ideals and virtues of its citizenry", and where the king-- while in a Constitutional Monarchy-- is the "commander-in-chief of its military". A place based on Patriotism, Ideals, and strict military in a "standing invasion force" while having anti one race views (Noxians), now where have we seen this before?

Or the society that is based on Capitalism (yea I said it)"a settlement where the physically and mentally strong acquire power" with Autocratic rule, where people are "always treated every contributing member as fairly as they deserve"(Katarina).

I can't tell tbh.

And where are the Janna pics?

RiotBabagahnoosh

Creative Designer

Follow babagahnoosh on Twitter

09-16-2010
1 of 1 Riot Posts

That's a question I hope we all get to answer together as the story of LoL unfolds!

Aniline

09-16-2010

Everyone always perceives their own side as the "good side". They believe that they are doing what's right.

Which means there are no "good guys" or "bad guys". They are just two opposing forces, two sides of the same coin.

Dracorya

09-16-2010

They both have their ups and downsides.

Noxus: A great place for the ambitious and driven because you aren't bogged down by ethnics or rules..bad of course is that kind of environment also breeds abusive oppression over the "weak."

Demacia: Ordered and righteous, good for those who like Order. Bad because such kind of order is also covered by a oppression as well.

Oug

09-16-2010

If you compare it to more modern day governments:

Demacia would be China (very controlling of their population)

Noxus would be like a European country during the middle ages (Extreme class separation, racism [European slaves originated in the Slavic area, not from Africa] and segregation, and the freedom to do as you wish). A more modern example would be the US during industrialization.

Enrayged

09-16-2010

I find that video games - and fiction in general - are getting much more brood about "good vs. evil"

In, say, Lord of the Rings, it's very clear who is good and who is evil - made perfectly clear by the Witch King's love for people getting their flesh eaten. (Although, I'm not perfectly sure he has that fetish in the books - been a while since I read them.)

However, in the Warcraft lore, it's much more difficult. Much more difficult to tell who is on which side. Much more gray/gray, than black/white.

League of Legends, I think, falls nicely in the middle. Yes, at first glance Demacia seems to be the "white" city and Noxus seems to be the "black" city - considering folks like Sion and Urgot, Noxus may very well be the evil city, but Demacia, I think, is much more gray than they would want people to believe...

Ravenfeld

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-16-2010

Pfft, Obviously Noxus are the good guys, I mean how could you think otherwise? Just because they have a fortress that looks like a skull you think they are evil? Necromancy makes them evil, is that it? You people make me sick! SICK I SAY!

*storms off*

Vindrel

09-16-2010

DEMACIAAAAAAAAAA!
They also have the best fashion sense.

KalosCast

09-16-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotBabagahnoosh View Post
That's a question I hope we all get to answer together as the story of LoL unfolds!
Both of them are too obvious. It's clearly the Ionians making a power grab by playing victim against Noxus and throwing as many of their own into the League as they can.

12345 ... 9