Nasus in the trailer

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tourist Fjord

Senior Member

09-16-2010

Ionia are emotionless if you read Shen and the Kinkou's Lore. They basically pride themselves on brutal subservience and honour to their Lord.

Bandle seems like the best place to reside in currently.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dracorya

Senior Member

09-16-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourist Fjord View Post
Ionia are emotionless if you read Shen and the Kinkou's Lore. They basically pride themselves on brutal subservience and honour to their Lord.

Bandle seems like the best place to reside in currently.
Ionians actually tend to be painted as very spiritual (look at Yi, Soraka, and Udyr). The ninjas just a faction native to Ionia.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

RiotBabagahnoosh

Creative Designer

Follow babagahnoosh on Twitter

09-16-2010
1 of 2 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMGTANGERINES View Post
it seems that nasus is evil and he makes dog sounds...

i thought he was good and supposed to preserve balance. what happened? doesn't he sepak in an awesome voice?
That actually was a concern I had when we did the trailer, but I think the pros outweighed the cons. Nasus isn't a "bad guy", but then again LoL is about champions that gray-scale in their ethos rather than just black and white. It's true we went with a vaguely "good vs. evil" theme in the trailer, but I think ultimately that it was OK for Nasus to be on the team that he was on. He's a visually interesting character that helps show off the diversity of themes we have in the game.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kultra

Senior Member

09-16-2010

I love how baba forgo to say which team was good and which evil, really, if you remove Cho`gath from the equation and replace him with Malphite, can you really say which team is which?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

RiotBabagahnoosh

Creative Designer

Follow babagahnoosh on Twitter

09-16-2010
2 of 2 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kultra View Post
I love how baba forgo to say which team was good and which evil, really, if you remove Cho`gath from the equation and replace him with Malphite, can you really say which team is which?
Who are good guys and who are bad guys is typically decided by the winning guys.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

K D Bonez

Senior Member

09-17-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotBabagahnoosh View Post
Who are good guys and who are bad guys is typically decided by the winning guys.
Woulda been easier if you just said Nasus was being used by an Evil Summoner V_V


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Nanners

Senior Member

09-17-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotBabagahnoosh View Post
That actually was a concern I had when we did the trailer, but I think the pros outweighed the cons. Nasus isn't a "bad guy", but then again LoL is about champions that gray-scale in their ethos rather than just black and white. It's true we went with a vaguely "good vs. evil" theme in the trailer, but I think ultimately that it was OK for Nasus to be on the team that he was on. He's a visually interesting character that helps show off the diversity of themes we have in the game.
Noxians ****. Say what you want about the tenets of Demacian Law, baba, but at least its an ethos.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Melonscoop

Senior Member

09-17-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotBabagahnoosh View Post
That actually was a concern I had when we did the trailer, but I think the pros outweighed the cons. Nasus isn't a "bad guy", but then again LoL is about champions that gray-scale in their ethos rather than just black and white. It's true we went with a vaguely "good vs. evil" theme in the trailer, but I think ultimately that it was OK for Nasus to be on the team that he was on. He's a visually interesting character that helps show off the diversity of themes we have in the game.
oh yeah red post baby

i think nasus is okay in the trailer too just the history gets a little bit more confusing, isn't nasus like "we summoned you to help the balance of the world and good and stuff" and then he finds himself being on the evil team you know?

sorry if that sentence was confusing


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zardoc

Senior Member

09-17-2010

Quote:
oh yeah red post baby

i think nasus is okay in the trailer too just the history gets a little bit more confusing, isn't nasus like "we summoned you to help the balance of the world and good and stuff" and then he finds himself being on the evil team you know?

sorry if that sentence was confusing

Cept for Cho and maybe Morgana there were no "evil" in Nasus team. Noxians ain't evil and Zauns aren't, too.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

alsowikk

Senior Member

09-17-2010

If remember correctly Nasus is based off the egyptian god of death and animals Seth...so whether we like it or not he is a decent fit for the evil side. That or he's based off of Anubis who was the judge of the underworld if I remember correctly(again I might be wrong) and then it'd be more of a neutral morality. But either way Nasus does LOOK evil(ish) to the first time viewer so I really can't fault riot for that.


EDIT: why was I downvoted? I just said he might of been based off one of two egyptian gods that do look like him. And that to the first time viewer he does look closer to an evil henchmen then to a good guy.