eCommerce Question of the Week

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

IS11d6327cb35cafc124891

09-20-2012

fk that, only the question in first page have a chance to be top rated.

upvoted me if you agree with me.

pwnzorkarl

09-20-2012

will the bundle system be overhauled, so we can pick and chose what we want instead of the fixed bundles we have now?

also could we pre-buy champions? like for example when a champion's kit is revealed could we pre-order them and pay rp (maybe a bit cheaper than if we bought normally) and on release day we get them?

notrangerjoe

09-20-2012

I want to play all the champions. All of them. I don't want to pay the $100-200 that it would take to buy them or play 8 hours a day for a year. Is there anything in the works for someone like me?

Poeta Somnium

09-20-2012

Selling back runes? Will it ever happen?

If yes, please accept all of my <3

If no..... why not? pls Hippalus. teers =``(

ComanderMolander

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-20-2012

Taking a leaf out of Mr. Ezreal's book I see

what are your plans for name changes, the working behind it that justify such a high price really are a mystery to us. currently it is the thing i would buy the least in the store (less about necessity and more about an inflated price)

Thornmaelstrom

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-20-2012

When will you have time to sit down and re-evaluate the Rune & Combiner system?
Particular issues that deserve contemplation, even if they are ultimately decided against:
-Removing Tier 1 & 2 runes. Perhaps Tier 2.5 as well.
-Adding "recipes" to the rune combiner that gives a more "directed" outcome, like "always a Quint" or "always Defensive"
-Add a rune recipe that for a small fraction of the IP cost, will transmute a rune from flat to per-lvl and vice versa (when applicable, NOT suggesting EVERY rune have the two versions). People who want to have pages with both can still invest in both, and won't need to "waste" IP converting them.
-New rune types? Thorns is an explorable concept, but of course people as smart as Xypherous/Lyte would have their say in it too. Not begging for variety at the cost of balance.
-Remove all Energy runes (Acumen/Sapience/Meditation/Lucidity), give their effects to Mana runes (Intellect/Knowledge/Replenishment/Clarity) like the Expanded Mind mastery. Re-tweak the numbers to balance if necessary.
And last but not least MAKE SECONDARY RUNES CHEAPER THAN PRIMARY RUNES! You should NEVER have to pay EXTRA for SLOT INEFFICIENCY! EVER. You are PURPOSELY gimping your "total" statistical starting package for putting your eggs into ONE basket! End the injustice! I don't care if the total price of all runes go up, I just want fairness relative between them!

pwnzorkarl

09-20-2012

i got another question, can we vote on what goes on sale every week?

OneVendetta

09-20-2012

Are there any plans for the sales' format to change any time soon? Like more champions/skins per sale? Frequency, etc.

Hippalus

eCommerce Director

09-20-2012
2 of 15 Riot Posts

We have an initial winner, with a clear early lead over the rest. Keep in mind I expect to answer 25-50 questions by the end of the year, so keep asking and voting, as I will get way past the first few pages before we're done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigolfish View Post
With the recent RP/IP reductions (IE Maokai) do you think it's odd/needs change that champions such as Mordekaiser cost 975 RP but 3150 IP, while Maokai is 780/4800?

Are there any plans to bring down these older champion's RP prices to a level equivalent to their IP prices?
Yes, it is odd. And it will get even more odd before it starts making sense. Here's the story:

As long as I've played the game, all champions from 3150-6300 IP were priced at 975 RP, which made it feel pretty crappy to buy many of those champions with RP. That's not good for players and not good for Riot. Reducing the RP price of the 3150 and 4800 champions seemed like the easy answer, but to what price? And what impact does that have on sales of those champions and other champions?

Making a change that significant without any data on what might happen is not what they teach in eCommerce class, and the only way to get reliable data is to start changing prices. Caityln and Maokai were the first, and there will be more in the next several days, which will make our pricing look even more odd. But there is a method to the madness, and within the next several weeks, I expect to make final changes that will make sense. To me anyway

And in case you're concerned, after all "permanent" price reductions (not a limited time sale), we automatically refund the price difference for anyone that made a purchase in the previous two weeks. For those who bought more than two weeks prior, keep in mind that you were able to enjoy the ownership for that additional time, which is why we do not go back further than two weeks. I should also point out that "permanent" is probably the wrong word for these price reductions, because pricing is always subject to additional change. In fact, some of these prices will likely change again once the final plan is in place.

Thanks for the question!

questir

09-20-2012

Any chances to bring back limited edition skins (Kitty Kat katarina, Nosferatu Vlad, Zombie Ryze) like the Halloweens since we are to close for the event. Many people didn't have a chance to buy them cuss they started League a little bit late sadly