Creative Design AMA - Syndra, the Dark Sovereign

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

20thCenturyFaux

QA Analyst

09-20-2012
8 of 8 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luninareph View Post
HAHAHAHA. Syndra as a crazy cat lady would be HILARIOUS.
All summoning her cats, throwing them at you instead of the orbs of magical power...

Mirana Arashi

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-20-2012

Hi Harrow , thank you for doing this AMA , here are my questions :

-Do Syndra and Soraka know each other? (They're both from Ionia)
-What does Soraka think of Syndra?
-What does Syndra think of Soraka?
-Would they get along , they do already or never?

Illyriomysterio

09-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20thCenturyFaux View Post
All summoning her cats, throwing them at you instead of the orbs of magical power...
I would buy a halloween skin a thousand times over. XD

NVDax

09-20-2012

Quote:
But wouldn't slamming cats to the ground be considered animal aboose? P.e.t.a would not be pleased!

Luninareph

09-20-2012

Quote:
HELL YES. Can you just imagine if all her skills made meowing noises? Her ult would be a barrage of meows, more meowing the more kitty-orbs you threw at once. They could be cats, or big kitty-faces, or pink kitty balloons. Holy God. I would buy that in a heartbeat.

BooleanCube

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrow View Post
The idea of Ryze keeping some great magic from the eyes of other mages would be pretty distasteful to Syndra, and I don't think she's currently interested in embracing someone else's magical teachings. Maybe she would go after that scroll, though...
That scroll is a dangerous abomination of arcane fury bound in literary form.
Xerath is a dangerous archon of arcane energy bound as well.
Syndra is going to be disappointed when she finds out Ryze is just lugging around lewd paintings of Xerath on his back.
The question is; would she be disgusted? and will she hold it against Xerath?

Snes C

09-20-2012

(Assuming the League still does Judgements even though we don't see them) Who did Syndra see during her Judgement? What did she answer when asked why she wished to join the League and how it felt exposing her mind?

Meth Hammer

09-20-2012

How precisely does a young child recklessly use magic? I mean, I find it hard to conjecture as to what the young Syndra might have been doing, to be dragged from home. Lighting trees on fire? Flinging around pets and fellow kids with her mind?

Renekton Bot

09-20-2012

Oh, fantastic! I was hoping to ask some questions about Syndra since I wasn't really getting into her lore (I'm sorry).

1) Syndra likes picking things up. What about being picked up? If she's cool with that, what's her number?

2) That flying castle of hers is, I assume, being levitated through sheer force of will. What happens when she goes to sleep?

3) Does that hat make doorways difficult?

4) Who made that helmet? Or any part of her outfit? Is that also made of willpower? What happens when she goes to sleep?

5) Or, you know, gets knocked out?

6) Or, you know, is distracted by something?

7) Has Syndra ever bowled a perfect game? With people, I mean. I've tried but man, they just don't roll like you need them to.

8) In every picture of Syndra, her hair is doing some pretty gravity-defying things. Is that her doing?

9) Is Syndra ticklish? This is important for the above questions. Especially number fo-- I mean six.

10) Hypothetical situation. Syndra is walking along the border of a swamp when suddenly a huge, muscular crocodile arm snakes its way out of the treeline and beckons her over. She acquiesces because who can say no to that and it turns out that this flawless, beautiful limb belongs to none other than Renekton. Syndra is, of course, totally excited that such a powerful creature might take an interest in her. Renekton compliments Syndra on her epic hat and says he means to grant her incredible power, but she will have to attain it one of two ways:

Choice one: She drinks a potion he invented that will allow her to unlock her full potential instantly.

Choice two: It turns out that making love to a bipedal crocodile is an ancient method of unlocking hidden potential, but it takes a number of months and a whole lot of stamina.

Basically, how hard does she struggle with these choices and how long does it take her to finally choose option two?

11) Syndra can move inanimate objects around, and with some finesse she can probably give these objects the appearance of life. Is it going to turn out that she was Anivia all along?

12) Does Syndra's flying castle have a Moon Door?

13) Goddammit it does so.

14) Has anyone made any "you're so fat" jokes regarding spherical objects orbiting her like planets around a beautiful purple-black sun, and if so how many pieces are they in now?

15) How does Syndra feel about foxes? Please don't read too far into this one.

16) How does Diana feel about Syndra's arrival? I mean, they're both pale, beautiful, graceful, white of hair, really enjoy spherical objects, and they've both tasted betrayal. Would they be friends, or see one another as rivals? Would they be opposed to settling things in the 1v1 map Mud Pit? Could I... watch, perhaps?

17) Last one, really: Can Syndra levitate herself? Probably. Why doesn't she? Is it the same reason I'm not allowed to use my natural ability to fly, breathe fire, shoot lasers from my eyes, etc?

ISiefer

09-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrow View Post

The idea of Ryze keeping some great magic from the eyes of other mages would be pretty distasteful to Syndra, and I don't think she's currently interested in embracing someone else's magical teachings. Maybe she would go after that scroll, though...
I think this is not only an accurate representation of how she would react but an awesome story in the making. Ryze is essentially hiding his magic from the world, preventing others from growing stronger. That would be like if she grew up to be exactly like her mentor.
Even if she didn't make use of the scroll herself, that would be awesome if she tried to get it just out of curiosity, especially if she found out his magic was a match for hers.