Retired 3v3 Players Giving Tips

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Eryn

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Master Mao View Post
I was wondering if Ahri would be a good choice for TT. ive heard lots of different opinions, but no one tells me why shes good or bad...
I got asked this (sort of) a little bit ago.

The response I gave was:

Quote:
Originally Posted by E1C View Post
Great mobility, great damage, great in lane.

Very squishy.

If you are good at getting out of trouble, then she's great. But she lacks lots of AoE and has little CC.
Those are my opinions of her at least. I think it was page 60-61 where I answered a couple questions from Padre Judas about her.

If you have more questions though do ask ^.^

judgeshowtunes

09-18-2012

So I do AP for my team in 3's, and we're running into problems with triple bruiser that stack health. Honestly, I just feel like I don't do damage to them. Any AP's you can think of off the top of your head that might be great for this?

I've been thinking maybe Anivia so we can at least separate them and do consistent damage, or Cass, or I dunno. Thoughts?

Dreampod

09-19-2012

I have a friend who desperately wants to hit Gold to get the Janna skin and has convinced me and a buddy to play ranked 3s with him. I used to play it a fair bit when it came out but haven't much since then and I'm not sure how new champions and changes in the meta have altered the mode.

I know ward control on Dragon and Lizard are vital both for avoiding ganks and objectives. What would you suggest the most important concepts to be aware of while getting into the swing are?

In terms of champion selection my impressions from back then and now is that wall hopping, tankyness, and crowd control are the strongest traits to be looking for when choosing champions. Is that still the case or have other strategies eclipsed those being the best things?

Thanks for the pointers

Boatz

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-19-2012

Thoughts on Garen? Both playing as and against.

Eryn

09-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judgeshowtunes View Post
So I do AP for my team in 3's, and we're running into problems with triple bruiser that stack health. Honestly, I just feel like I don't do damage to them. Any AP's you can think of off the top of your head that might be great for this?

I've been thinking maybe Anivia so we can at least separate them and do consistent damage, or Cass, or I dunno. Thoughts?
Cass does all the damage.

Morde is great for tanky damage and his ult is priceless.

Anivia is amazing for team fight control and has good damage, although insanely easy to down.

Ahri has lots of mobility and okay damage, but not so much to burst down a bruiser.

Gragas has great mobility, amazing burst, and nice cc (-% atk speed and move speed slow)

DanteTheBroken

09-20-2012

I just got all the way through this thread and it's been really useful, so I want to say "Thank you" before anything else. That said, I've got lots of questions:

1. What do you think of Vladimir, post-nerf Diana, and post-buff Rengar?

2. Is there a place for snowball items (Mejai's, etc.) on TT or are there too few kills for these to be good even if you're snowballing?

3. Somewhat related to #2. You mentioned Anivia is squishy; have you seen anyone have luck with the infamous Froggen tanky Anivia build (Boots+Tear(or Catalyst)+Mejai's+Warmog's+Warmog's+etc...)

4. Is Warwick better suited to jungle or lane?

5. Last time I played TT for extended periods, I got flamed for playing Annie (this was before her mini-rework). How do you play/build her effectively for this map?

I'm sure I'm forgetting something, but I don't want to overuse your hospitality, so I'll stop here. Thanks again for everything.

shugotheluckyone

09-20-2012

E1C how do i play Fizz?

CJ xD

09-20-2012

I was trying to jungle yesterday with Shyvana, noct, and nunu. Things went like this..

Nunu: Went great, my solo bot did well and we won the game easily.

Shyvana: The enemy team had no smite, but they sent Jayce bottom against my solo lane, and they sent 2 top against my other solo lane. They pushed top in hard until nocturne was level three or so and then he was way further ahead of me, he began to jungle and take all the camps. Ended up losing.

Noct: Lost.
Pretty much I get countered a lot and I get incredibly low in the jungle i'm forced to B, any jungle tips please?

JannappleExpress

09-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanteTheBroken View Post
I just got all the way through this thread and it's been really useful, so I want to say "Thank you" before anything else. That said, I've got lots of questions:

1. What do you think of Vladimir, post-nerf Diana, and post-buff Rengar?

2. Is there a place for snowball items (Mejai's, etc.) on TT or are there too few kills for these to be good even if you're snowballing?

3. Somewhat related to #2. You mentioned Anivia is squishy; have you seen anyone have luck with the infamous Froggen tanky Anivia build (Boots+Tear(or Catalyst)+Mejai's+Warmog's+Warmog's+etc...)

4. Is Warwick better suited to jungle or lane?

5. Last time I played TT for extended periods, I got flamed for playing Annie (this was before her mini-rework). How do you play/build her effectively for this map?

I'm sure I'm forgetting something, but I don't want to overuse your hospitality, so I'll stop here. Thanks again for everything.
The 3v3 scene seems much less troll in the forums than the general population, especially in your thread. Thanks for taking the initiative to do this, despite the fact that you no longer participate in 3s heavily. Also you handle yourself very well.

Teleclast

09-20-2012

How would you suggest playing Teemo in 3v3?

I've got me and two friends very interested in starting TT competitively, I've read through pages 1-22 of this so far so I'm not sure if you've answered this already as I'm still reading, but I figure there's no harm in asking.

The other champ I'm interested in playing in TT is Yorick, and perhaps Jayce.

I never really jungle, do you have any suggestions for possibly getting used to jungling TT and what character would be the best to 'learn' it?