Visual Upgrade: Soraka, the Starchild

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ZombieCakes

09-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reebdoog View Post
I am not going to complain about them doing something with Soraka. If they are spending the time and effort to do this, it means she is still important to Riot. YOU may not like her but for me, I play her ALOT and I mean alot because she is just a very well made champion and her old goat face was ugly and outdated.
You play her a lot? I've played her since I started League. Soraka is the one who got me into healing in any game in the first place. She was graceful and wise and always brought out warmth to you when playing her. Sure, her splash art was terrible and so was her in-game model. I'm not saying this one is ugly, it's just.. bad. It doesn't feel like what Soraka used to be at all. And what I'm seeing is a ton of people saying they actually feel like playing her now because she looks attractive. Not that it's a bad thing, but honestly, Soraka could have been attractive while still being a matriarch. If Riot cared for her original design and character at all, they would have kept her the way she was meant to be, and not just turned her into a cute, young girl. I've seen fanart that stays true to Soraka in almost any style, it's a huge let down that the art that comes directly from the creators is the one that least looks like her.

Reebdoog

09-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lagginator View Post
Soraka needed a newer, shinier model. Not a complete re-imagining of the character. Her legs don't even face the same way as before. How can you call yourself a fan of Soraka if you hate how the character looks?
There are many champions that have artwork I don't care for like Mordekaiser, Master Yi, Ahri, etc etc. but I still play them alot because they are well made champions. I don't only play a champ because of the way it looks, I play it because its fun and Soraka falls in that category for me. An artwork remake is nothing but good for me.

Hamtigers

09-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kairiyu View Post
Sweet, no more man face on my favorite support, nice Riot.
HOW was that man face before?! Not all women have plush round faces. Especially if they're coming from different ethnic groups. Would you call Cher man-faced? She is a real, famous woman that has very prominent cheekbones and a more angular face than the society standard and most people I know(myself included) still find her gorgeous in an elegant way.

EncrustedAnchor

09-20-2012

That's the best looking horned Navi I've ever seen...No but seriously that's epic

Unredeem

09-20-2012

Nidalee NEXT!

Unredeem

09-20-2012

Soraka today, Nidalee tommorow?

MMKH

09-20-2012

Finally, this rework was much needed. Now maybe we'll see some upgrades for Sivir and Sion?

Insomnia1234o00o

09-20-2012

Finally!

Lagginator

09-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaos Sakana View Post
Because her image wasn't good. Like I said, taste is taste, but who actually wants her to look like the old hag she did before?
So what if her image wasn't good? That's the image that represented Soraka; her model, her splash art. If you didn't like it, then you don't like Soraka. I'm pretty sure Riot could have kept Soraka's same style and translated it into newer, nicer, art, but instead they decided to just brush it aside and make Soraka completely different. Why does "older" have to mean "old hag"?

Reebdoog

09-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZombieCakes View Post
You play her a lot? I've played her since I started League. Soraka is the one who got me into healing in any game in the first place. She was graceful and wise and always brought out warmth to you when playing her. Sure, her splash art was terrible and so was her in-game model. I'm not saying this one is ugly, it's just.. bad. It doesn't feel like what Soraka used to be at all. And what I'm seeing is a ton of people saying they actually feel like playing her now because she looks attractive. Not that it's a bad thing, but honestly, Soraka could have been attractive while still being a matriarch. If Riot cared for her original design and character at all, they would have kept her the way she was meant to be, and not just turned her into a cute, young girl. I've seen fanart that stays true to Soraka in almost any style, it's a huge let down that the art that comes directly from the creators is the one that least looks like her.
Yeah I do play her alot. And I don't really care how long you have played her. Or that she was the first healer type you played. Don't care that you hated her old splash art and new splash art. Don't really care about the fan art because truthfully, that won't change. It just seems like you need to complain about something and appreciate nothing. Go play dota or super monday night combat.