Visual Upgrade: Soraka, the Starchild

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Naonical

09-20-2012

About freaking time, a character I will love playing and looks great

Downvotes seriously to my above comment? You trolls need a better hobby.

TheStig88

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-20-2012

Good stuff Riot, well done.

Toxic Chimera

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-20-2012

Ive been waiting for this since before they remodeled Ashe. IM SO EXCITED \o/ its even better than i imagined

Reebdoog

09-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZombieCakes View Post
You call this love? To me, it's like they just got rid of the Soraka we all know and love, just to replace her with a younger version. This Soraka doesn't make me feel safe at all, I feel like she'll just be clumsy with her spells and miss every heal. Where's the sweet, caring, wise Soraka we held so dearly?
I am not going to complain about them doing something with Soraka. If they are spending the time and effort to do this, it means she is still important to Riot. YOU may not like her but for me, I play her ALOT and I mean alot because she is just a very well made champion and her old goat face was ugly and outdated.

MCOneTwo

09-20-2012

question is, does she still have her bananas?

Kaos Sakana

09-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZombieCakes View Post
You call this love? To me, it's like they just got rid of the Soraka we all know and love, just to replace her with a younger version. This Soraka doesn't make me feel safe at all, I feel like she'll just be clumsy with her spells and miss every heal. Where's the sweet, caring, wise Soraka we held so dearly?
lolwut?

Riot, ignore kids like this. Soraka was not killed. Her artwork was simply terrible and the rework was necessary. You'll never satisfy everyone's taste, but you're damn close with this one. Good job, we appreciate it.

EDIT: And i will make it a point to thumb up all the positive comments you thumb down. :P

Lagginator

09-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reebdoog View Post
Have you not noticed that they have been giving love to some of the older champions that actually need it? Soraka was one that needed a remake and they gave it to her. It tells me that they are doing their job and listening to the fans because we have been loud and proud about remaking Soraka. Why would I complain about them actually doing it? All thats left for her is a new skin and from what I have gathered, they have listened to us in that regard as well. So in my eyes, your point is moot.
Soraka needed a newer, shinier model. Not a complete re-imagining of the character. Her legs don't even face the same way as before. How can you call yourself a fan of Soraka if you hate how the character looks?

Reebdoog

09-20-2012

Haters will be haters and downvoters because they have nothing better to do than complain about Riot and how they don't deliver to their standards. I'll tell you what, go find another game to hate on because Riot doesn't need you to stay running.

Hamtigers

09-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy Monkey View Post
Here's a before and after I found.
http://puu.sh/173N8
except THIS is what her art just was, instad of her odlest art, which I like better than either of those: http://wfiles.brothersoft.com/l/l_s/...57-480x360.jpg

the newest one is a design and anatomy horror. The oldest one is just old art with her beastly features a little too exaggerated, even from the standpoint of someone like me who is upset over who humanized and "sexualized" she is now. (though I admit, the one I just linked looks like they only redid her face, but it looked NICE and UNIQUE at the same time at that stage.)

Also why does everything in new league have to look like its made of satin and latex? So much shine... does no one wear normal cloth anymore?

It would be different if this was a character who was sexual from the start, but Soraka wasn't supposed to be that way...

PKPikmin

09-20-2012

Upgrade? Holy cheese that's more than an upgrade...