Visual Upgrade: Soraka, the Starchild

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dzd

09-20-2012

Will we get a Soraka log in screen?
plsplsplsplspls

Liriano

09-20-2012

Will WarWirck receive some love too? and will there be some interaction between them?

ZombieCakes

09-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricklessabandon View Post
we intend to use these visual updates to renew all of a champion's assets that are significantly behind the times. for example, ashe had new models for all of her skins except for amethyst which only needed a proportions adjustment (iirc).

to the point: soraka's dryad and divine skins received the same treatment as her base, and now the critical task of picking your favorite begins. :3
So for her to not be behind the times you had to make her look like an adolescent version of an Avatar character?

I'm sorry, but Soraka used to be like a caring mother in the lane, she's supposed to be a divine being of wisdom and comfort. This splash art says just about the absolute opposite.

):

Rasdel

09-20-2012

I REALLY LOVE the fact that u guys keep upgrading classic champs! GJ Riot

This Soraka is EPIC!

I am also loving the new Miss Fortune and Tryndamere new art (I started playing Tryn again simply becasue of how great that new art looks!)

I am still waiting to see an update on one of my first champs... Master Yi ^^ (I got "The Chosen One" skin)... it would be nice to see an improvement on model and art for him too.

Thank you guys!

TheWheatOne

09-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy Monkey View Post
I am really glad you guys are digging Her new in game model. Cheers.
More to come!
Did you not read the in-depth thoughts from the last several pages of your post? Those who loved her as one of their favorites don't like this update. They wanted a visual update, not a transformation into just another anime girl. We like her old style of artwork. I also like smooth young sexy champs, but this is too much. Please don't change the visual style about Soraka that makes her unique to other champs. Again, we want an update, not a re-design.

Illeisms

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

09-20-2012

Hey check out the soraka comic i posted in the comic contest.

ZrGaBo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-20-2012

Great!

The Golden Crow

09-20-2012

Will her basic attack missile speed still be amusingly low? Watching them float around always cheered me up.

Debonair Kairiyu

09-20-2012

Sweet, no more man face on my favorite support, nice Riot.

Sannybear

09-20-2012

Yay, now I won't feel so "uggggh" about playing her.