Bilgewater Days

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

nikasaur

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Community Coordinator

Follow RiotNikasaur on Twitter

09-16-2010
1 of 3 Riot Posts

Bilgewater Days

One hundred and forty-nine years ago on September 19th, the port city of Bilgewater was officially founded, creating a haven and destination to pirates and seafarers everywhere. What started off as a one-day celebration of Bilgewater’s origin became a weekend, and due to the raucous nature of the town’s inhabitants, celebration spread through the entire month. September has come to embody sailors enjoying the end of the temperate season, drinking the last of the summer ales and participating in unruly games to prove their worth as the fiercest pirate in Valoran.

A sampling of the festivities include:

“Lady Luck”
-A continuous gambling tournament where skill is just as highly prized as being quickest to draw the knife in your boot. A vast assortment of games and competitions await, with gold Valors passing hands after every blackjack and snake eyes on the table. Lady Luck can be a fickle mistress, easily swayed by a card up your sleeve and the words “all or nothin’”.

“Drink The Water!”
-An indisputable challenge, a pirate orders the Bilgewater Special, which is a foul, unidentifiable mix of liquor from behind the bar, with each pirate mixing in a bit of whatever they can find around the table or in their pockets. The brave one to drink it all gets a pat on the back, all the Valors that can fit into the empty mug, and an evening’s worth of indigestion.

“The Ruckus”
-Armed only with a wooden club or an abandoned peg leg, pirates leap aboard a ship in a King Of The Hill competition to see who can stay atop the Crow’s Nest longest, and is crowned the Captain of The Ruckus for the year. Beard protection is accepted, but shoes are prohibited.

Enjoy the last days of September in proper pirate fashion, mateys!

butterfatMilk

09-16-2010

DOES THIS TRANSLATE TO ANY change in the LoL client or Game? if not (lore aspect that is altered), i am sorry but i am not interested ... not because I dont love the lore, but because after I am done reading the lore, the game is still completely seperate from it.

EDIT: allow me to elaborate a little bit. Most heroes have decent lore associated with them via the In game tab next to tips and abilities. However, most od these have absolutely 0 correlation to anything seen in the game itself. I read the entire Urgot lore: he is a badass noxus headsman that had beef with garen, because garen KILLED him. In what way is this displayed in game?? I purport that urgot is a completely generic evil hero that has abo****ely nothing going for him in terms of themes.

Furthermore: Take Annie for example, another hero I absolutely adhore. I understand she is an orphan of 2 very powerful mages, and as a result has an incredible acuity for magic and spells. How is this in any way related to what she is or does? Her spells are all fire related spells for no reason (was her father or mother a fire mage? possibly from the magma CAVERNS in some way?) and the story is left at that. "hey she's powerful b/c of her 'rents and she's on the league HF" I am sorry riot but that is a bit dissapointing.

RiotBabagahnoosh

Creative Designer

Follow babagahnoosh on Twitter

09-16-2010
2 of 3 Riot Posts

I, for one, am looking forward to Bilgewater Days.

Avast!

ByronicHero

Web Content Editor

Follow ByronicHero on Twitter

09-16-2010
3 of 3 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikasaur View Post
Bilgewater Days

One hundred and forty-nine years ago on September 19th, the port city of Bilgewater was officially founded, creating a haven and destination to pirates and seafarers everywhere. What started off as a one-day celebration of Bilgewater’s origin became a weekend, and due to the raucous nature of the town’s inhabitants, celebration spread through the entire month. September has come to embody sailors enjoying the end of the temperate season, drinking the last of the summer ales and participating in unruly games to prove their worth as the fiercest pirate in Valoran.

A sampling of the festivities include:

“Lady Luck”
-A continuous gambling tournament where skill is just as highly prized as being quickest to draw the knife in your boot. A vast assortment of games and competitions await, with gold Valors passing hands after every blackjack and snake eyes on the table. Lady Luck can be a fickle mistress, easily swayed by a card up your sleeve and the words “all or nothin’”.

“Drink The Water!”
-An indisputable challenge, a pirate orders the Bilgewater Special, which is a foul, unidentifiable mix of liquor from behind the bar, with each pirate mixing in a bit of whatever they can find around the table or in their pockets. The brave one to drink it all gets a pat on the back, all the Valors that can fit into the empty mug, and an evening’s worth of indigestion.

“The Ruckus”
-Armed only with a wooden club or an abandoned peg leg, pirates leap aboard a ship in a King Of The Hill competition to see who can stay atop the Crow’s Nest longest, and is crowned the Captain of The Ruckus for the year. Beard protection is accepted, but shoes are prohibited.

Enjoy the last days of September in proper pirate fashion, mateys!
I for one plan on donning a pirate hat and drinking vast quantities of rum in celebration of Bilgewater days.

The Hav

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-16-2010

Will thar be lasses? Tell me there be lasses!

spielkind

09-16-2010

arrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Raccool

09-16-2010

Yarrr! There be termites in me leg!

Opiyel Guabiran

09-16-2010

*puts plastic pirate mask over ninja mask*

Uh, yarrrr. I too will be joining ye to the depths with some, er, grog! Yeah! Grog! And, er, shiver me timber if we see any there ninjas, we can, uh, make them walk the board. Plank, I mean! Yarhar

I think I am blending in...

SethCypher

09-16-2010

Yohoho and a bottle of...coke? o_O

Looking forward to Bilgewater story, I thought it Gangplank's background set it up pretty nicely.

Ravenfeld

09-16-2010

Ye be knowing how ta touch this mans heart, nuthin could be better than a healthy mixture o' gamblin, shankin, beatin, an drinking, save perhaps a fine wench or three!

I be thinking that this is goin ta be the best September around, for how can ye compete with the likes o' pirates? yarr har har harrrrr.

-- Captain Coalbeard (Some say he is insane, some say he is reckless, and others say he is insanely reckless.)

Edit: I think I have my next hero design, gunna get to work on the first tank Pirate. YOHOHO!