Update on Dropped Games

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Justlnfinite

09-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akov View Post
Bitter sweet personally. A lot of people were negatively impacted, and that is a terrible feeling. But it will be nice to sleep :]
Well considering there also seem to be several other sorts of programs that give people an advantage, what does Riot intend to about these and those that may be developed in the future? Cheaters are everywhere, and even though you've dealt with some recently, what will all of you be doing to make it more difficult for the evildoers to play unfairly? Or rather, what do you think you can do?

MashiroSunao

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bellissimoh View Post
Additionally we are pursuing legal avenues and working with the proper authorities.
Sh*t just got real

Depraving

09-20-2012

I've played a ranked game where it DCed everyone and vanished, it sucked. I'm glad something is being done in an attempt to prevent it now. You said you've identified a lot of the people causing this disruption and earlier mentioned looking into legal avenues. I would just like to say I would hope you pursue those as it's the only real way to discourage people from doing this. Solely fixing the problem will just push these people and others like them to just search for a new vulnerable area as they will feel there is no real consequence.

Thanks for your efforts (:

Akov

Network Engineer

09-20-2012
17 of 40 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellatan View Post
Basically was it possible that even though your game was dropped nobody on either team was responsible for the event, and it was just collateral damage from another game?
In short, yes.

Pacifist Dalek

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-20-2012

Thanks very much guys. A crappy situation to be in no matter what.

Hey Akov, what is your avatar of? I don't recognize it from any of the Champion splashes...

Tozaki Hashizawa

09-20-2012

What will happen to those who were effected while in a ranked game per say? I mean the players Who were effected gaining a small amount of elo. Where as the DDoS'ers are being dealt with accordingly. I ask because before the noted hot fix, I had experienced this DDoS attack in a ranked game a few times and lost out on elo gains due to these attacks. To clarify I'm not thinking about myself only here. I do mean this for others who were in a ranked game as well.

Anxietyyy

09-20-2012

Thank god

Cytus

09-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pacifist Dalek View Post
Thanks very much guys. A crappy situation to be in no matter what.

Hey Akov, what is your avatar of? I don't recognize it from any of the Champion splashes...
Zombie Ryze. 2010 Halloween Skin I believe.

Zelink

09-20-2012

Yea the non existing game issue has been fixed but last night i played a game with my premade friends, i know there is a rule to not post names on the forums but here is a ss of the enemy team who dc us all from the start of the game but we some tried our but and still lost.

Hope players like these can be punished.

Akov

Network Engineer

09-20-2012
18 of 40 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by FGYJustin View Post
Well considering there also seem to be several other sorts of programs that give people an advantage, what does Riot intend to about these and those that may be developed in the future? Cheaters are everywhere, and even though you've dealt with some recently, what will all of you be doing to make it more difficult for the evildoers to play unfairly? Or rather, what do you think you can do?
Our players are very industrious, and will come up with ways to cheat. The competitive nature of Lol makes this even more desirable for some. Personally, I feel we are very good at detecting and dealing with these things at a very good rate. But I'm just a network guy...so take that opinion with a bag of salt