Introducing Honor!

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lyte

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Lead Social Systems Designer

Follow RiotLyte on Twitter

09-20-2012
44 of 99 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitaro View Post
Would it be inappropriate to honor someone for being really good at the game, but not really contributing much community wise?

Say our draven goes 23/0/15, but never says anything other than "mia" and "re." Would it be wrong of me to award him honor for carrying the team?
Yes, I would probably not Honor him. The Honor Initiative isn't about skill.

Sturmgeschüt

09-20-2012

The amount of exclamation points in this post got me so excited I peed my pants. I'll have to see what the post is about after I change.

Hitaro

09-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyte View Post
Yes, I would probably not Honor him. The Honor Initiative isn't about skill.
Alright then, thanks.

Jabronie

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-20-2012

Sounds a lot like some of the stuff I mentioned and you commented on in my thread about positive reinforcement:
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...ighlight=klegz

Thugsick McNasty

09-20-2012

will people with similar honor ratings be placed together in games?

Wombo comb

09-20-2012

Quote:
Summoners!

We here at Riot have been hard at work trying to improve player behavior in League of Legends. Historically, weve reacted to toxic players through systems like LeaverBuster and the Tribunal that are great at identifying and punishing the worst of worst. However, players will often challenge Team Player Behavior and say, Dr. Lyte, how are you a doctor?? Dont know you know that positive reinforcement can also improve player behavior? We agree with you! We know that we have a great community, but we havent done a great job providing tools to empower this community to proactively be even more awesome.

Today, wed like to introduce Honor, our positive feedback initiative. Were well versed in research done on concepts in psychology such as positive reinforcement and how it can improve behaviors, and weve also found that some of the most meaningful, memorable moments in League come from the positive interactions players have with each other. Everyones had one of these days: You are struggling in a game and find yourself in a situation where a teammate could have easily trolled or flamed you, but instead goes out of his way to be a helpful, compassionate team-player. He says, Hey, dont worry about the first blood. You may not friend this player or ever play with him again, but this small, kind gesture made a difference and is something you remembered.

Through Honor youll be able to give something lasting back to those players who went out of their way to make your game experience better. Keep an eye out for Honor with the next PBE update, and expect to hear more about it in an upcoming patch!
How about you make sure your servers are working before you come up with time wasters like Honor.

DJANGO UNCHAINED

09-20-2012

Quote:
Nope, this is fine. If you queue up 50 games in a row and Honor him 50 times... might be suspicious.
How does this affect high ELO?

What if somebody gave honor to Dyrus every game they met him?

(I know I would, I'm a fanboy)

Phenomenaut

09-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedi Sentinel View Post
How about you make sure your servers are working before you come up with time wasters like Honor.
How about you stop being unintelligent for a second and realize Lyte has nothing to do with server maintenance.

Sylvr

09-20-2012

Quote:
The system does tell you when you have run out of Honor to give out. You'll also have a few ways to get more Honor.
Something just clicked for me...

They mentioned in some patchnotes or another how people don't generally participate in the Tribunal for the IP gains, and that the few people who do are terrible at it, and that they were looking at other incentives.

You will be able to replenish your Honor Pool through Tribunal participation.

Someone brought this up earlier, but I think the question was misunderstood: The points you give out to another player for being awesome, and the points that you yourself acquire are both called Honor. Are these from the same pool? Is this a currency?

Edit: Didn't read back far enough, this was explained

Wombo comb

09-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phenomenaut View Post
How about you stop being unintelligent for a second and realize Lyte has nothing to do with server maintenance.
Send him home with pay until Servers are stable, hes taking up too much oxygen from people that are supposed to make sure the game works.