Introducing Honor!

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Art336

09-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyte View Post
Nope, because the average, responsible user will not run out. We'll be tweaking the numbers in the background constantly to make sure that responsible users effectively have 'infinite' Honor pool, while abusers and cheaters have none.

Isn't tweaking numbers to give one person infinite something and someone else none of the same thing kind of cheating yourself? Isn't that like saying "Since the system I implemented failed, I'll achieve my directive via direct meddling?"

Just curious Doc.

BloodraiderX

09-20-2012

Thank you looking forward to this =)

Kittybat

09-20-2012

I apologize if this has already been asked, but I didn't see it answered in any of the red posts; Will honor have any correlation to matchmaking? It'd be cool if players with more honor were (attempted to) be matched together more often. Nothing's more frustrating that keeping up a good attitude through tens of awful game losses (most due to internal fighting/blaming), and you keep getting severely negative players throughout; this would help curtail that.

chrisluissanc

09-20-2012

Quote:
Summoners!

We here at Riot have been hard at work trying to improve player behavior in League of Legends. Historically, we’ve reacted to toxic players through systems like LeaverBuster and the Tribunal that are great at identifying and punishing the worst of worst. However, players will often challenge Team Player Behavior and say, “Dr. Lyte, how are you a doctor?? Don’t know you know that positive reinforcement can also improve player behavior?” We agree with you! We know that we have a great community, but we haven’t done a great job providing tools to empower this community to proactively be even more awesome.

Today, we’d like to introduce Honor, our positive feedback initiative. We’re well versed in research done on concepts in psychology such as positive reinforcement and how it can improve behaviors, and we’ve also found that some of the most meaningful, memorable moments in League come from the positive interactions players have with each other. Everyone’s had one of these days: You are struggling in a game and find yourself in a situation where a teammate could have easily trolled or flamed you, but instead goes out of his way to be a helpful, compassionate team-player. He says, “Hey, don’t worry about the first blood.” You may not friend this player or ever play with him again, but this small, kind gesture made a difference and is something you remembered.

Through Honor you’ll be able to give something lasting back to those players who went out of their way to make your game experience better. Keep an eye out for Honor with the next PBE update, and expect to hear more about it in an upcoming patch!

me gusta :3

Iabusemyminions

09-20-2012

The massive circle jerking begins... /sigh

Goodbye everyone.

Nyutrig

09-20-2012

this change is going to have a MASSSIIVVEE impact on the quality of this game.

AntilionX

09-20-2012

Much like the fame system on maple story but here it is actually relevant and could possible have a great positive impact for the game....again my favorite rioters are Ironstylus and Lyte.

Zielmann

09-20-2012

Quote:
However, we won't be allowing Honor to be given out in Proving Grounds for now.
This makes me kinda sad. I spend a lot of time playing ARAMs, and I feel like they're a prime opportunity to find honorable players. The people who don't screw around killing your whole team in fountain 3 times before they touch the bare nexus after stomping you the entire game. The people who get the short end of the stick from their random, but they don't complain about it and just have fun with it anyhow. These would all seem deserving of honor in my eyes.

Heck, I can probably think of more instances where players proved deserving of some honor in ARAMs than in normal games. Perhaps this is the issue? It's too casual of a mode for the honor to mean anything?

Crimsonhail

09-20-2012

sooo what does honour do exactly? is it just to show you are doing morally and ethically well?

Hipnotyk

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

09-20-2012

It's about time.