@Riot: I want answers about Heimerdinger. Closing a thread will not change that.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

skippymcgee

09-19-2012

Bump, it's an issue with close to no visibility.

CBL HisMajesty

09-19-2012

Should also make it so Syndra cant pick up and throw his turrets into towers... Never seen such a 1 champ hard counter released before lol.

Morello

Lead Designer

09-19-2012
1 of 2 Riot Posts

The reason we've just said "we're reworking Heimer - no details yet" is because that is all the information we actually have for you at this point. We also don't close the threads about Heimer - it's not a conspiracy.

There's always a few outdated characters, and whenever one is fixed, the next will take its place Heimer is in that lineup, but there's just nothing to talk about yet.

Offtheheazy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-19-2012

also, they are trying to not release info before they are close to releasing stuff. ex. PFE, stealth rework etc...

skippymcgee

09-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
The reason we've just said "we're reworking Heimer - no details yet" is because that is all the information we actually have for you at this point. We also don't close the threads about Heimer - it's not a conspiracy.

There's always a few outdated characters, and whenever one is fixed, the next will take its place Heimer is in that lineup, but there's just nothing to talk about yet.
So is there a time limit on threads? http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...d.php?t=457867 didn't have downvotes and only 53 pages, what is the reason for its closure?

I think people are frustrated, not intending to make it sound like a conspiracy. But while we're thinking suspicious thoughts, we've seen younger champions receive a lot more love than Heimer ever has, and with arguably less concerns than Heimer. Is it only because he's a harder fix that such is the case?

Edit: The Saga of Jesse Perring is much, much older yet still open, IIRC.

Aerophobia

09-19-2012

Quote:

The thread we started up again was randomly closed. And for what reason? The information in that thread was still very relevant to how he is now. We just wanted information. Hes been neglected for far longer than any other champion has. But hey, you responded...too bad the response was just something as they say "beating around the bush".

I have just a few questions for you

1. why is he (and has been for far too long) one of the least played champions with such a horrible win rate left alone for SO LONG while champions like katarina that were still moderately picked and semi viable getting reworks before he even gets a tiny ratio buff?

2. Nerfed multiple times over and over again and left alone for a long while afterwards. Hes left to sit and wallow in unviability/ troll pick im going to report you for picking territory. Why were none of the number tweaks, or turret AI overhaul that YOU (morello) talked about actually given to him? Why did you fix the turret AI to give it to zyra and leave heimer to rot once again?

Bonus important question Syndra is kinda meh at the moment... but she is getting buffed. Is syndra going to be allowed to keep the way that she interacts with heimers turrets.... Because if she is... i may just have to refund heimer. syndas release IMO created a whole new tier of SUCK champions where only heimer resides and the only one that has ever been to such a place. A place that even old eve doesn't know about....

skippymcgee

09-19-2012

@Aerophobia: The only reason he's been neglected for longer, if I'm reading the timeline right, is that Katarina was finally changed (released at the same time).

Other than that, I understand the concern but the post came over a bit hostile. Just saying.

Aerophobia

09-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by skippymcgee View Post
@Aerophobia: The only reason he's been neglected for longer, if I'm reading the timeline right, is that Katarina was finally changed (released at the same time).

Other than that, I understand the concern but the post came over a bit hostile. Just saying.
She was still moderately picked and semi viable though. So i dont understand why there was a huge concern on reworking her, testing it and getting it out. She was in a halfway decent spot. she could still do really good, a lot better than what heimer could do in the hands of someone skilled. Yet she gets reworks before he gets touched at all. It's a tiny bit annoying when you step back to look at it all and see
1. heimer is said to be getting improved turret AI and ratio buffs
* year and a half later*
2. katarina is getting a rework, and heimer hasnt been touched in ages.

I just don't see how its fair. Sorry if it comes across as rude or hostile but well...i cant really help it. This is the first time ive ever been enraged enough to make multiple threads, bumping them constantly and bumping threads like this to get feedback on an issue. This is syndra bull **** has gotten me a bit revved up.... from trash tier to double trash tier in one fell swoop.

Aerophobia

09-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by skippymcgee View Post

They were both beta release's but were released at different times. october 10th 2009 was heimers release and september 19th 2009 was katarinas release date.

it also ticks me off now that i look at everything that they have the balls to have heimer in such a bad spot and sell him for 975 RP and 3150 IP still. Its almost criminal...

Killrazor

09-20-2012

Quote:

any sort of ETA... like even a year?