Introducing Honor!

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

GuyInaRedShirt

09-19-2012

For great honor!!!!!!

Kymian

09-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by DietPepperPhD View Post
You know, some people will just *pretend* to be nice, just to get some honor. What is funny is that they will come across as super nice people, even if they are *****ing on the other side of the screen.
If someone happens to be that kind of person, having them screaming at their screen and being nice in chat is exactly what they should be doing and should be rewarded for that, no?

CamaHa

09-19-2012

Guess silence being great virtue won't work anymore in LoL matches heh?
Don't know what's gonna be worse in the end: tolerating few trolls or trying to stand all the sweetness everyone being nice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARGorilla View Post
Scientists write entire journals about their experiment, its basically unwritten law that you publish any study or experiment that you conduct lol
Scientists publish AFTER they finish research. If they do it prematurely someone else might get results faster and claim it as their own work.

Xaerie

09-19-2012

This is wonderful. I'm looking forward to this being implemented.

Colors

09-19-2012

Thank you for adding this. Hopefully it will encourage players to stop harassing each other
over first blood or mistakes. And hopefully I'll see players that deserve to get it.

Lyte

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Lead Social Systems Designer

Follow RiotLyte on Twitter

09-19-2012
9 of 99 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajneeshius View Post
Are there any perks/rewards for earning honor or did you feel that it could be easily abused?
We're not talking about rewards at this time; this is a relatively new experiment in League of Legends where it's difficult to predict the exact outcomes. We want to first identify what kind of players are getting Honor and how effective our anti-abuse systems are.

Like the Tribunal, we'll take things step and step and further flesh out Honor as the data comes in.

Map Awareness

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yenn View Post
What can I do with this?

This sounds like 'I better be nice, so I can get internet points that don't benefit me in any way what so ever!'
You don't have to worry. Judging by how you behave in the forums, I doubt you'll get any of those worthless points.

Altonia

09-19-2012

Thank you. This makes me very happy =)

Lyte

Lead Social Systems Designer

Follow RiotLyte on Twitter

09-19-2012
10 of 99 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade View Post
Are you able to remove honor for someone as well as add it? I feel like trolls will just remove honor from people just to be jerks.
You won't be able to remove Honor from other players. That would be quite a troll feature!

onboardtonowhere

09-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyte View Post
Unfortunately, we won't be revealing how we detect this or else players will try to abuse and skirt the detection algorithms. However, we've done a lot of testing and 'weird' cases internally and everything is caught. I'd recommend players just not try it because the penalties are harsh.

If you happen to coincidentally Honor someone who also Honors you, it's no problem at all.
Thank you for answering that. I am still doubtful how this is going to work but I'll take your word for it.