"we didnt like rengar, so we released him again with a new look"

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Darklarik

09-19-2012

ADMIT IT. You took his desing from the Scarab Hulk did you NOT? ANSWER MEEEEEEEEEEE

TaironLocke

09-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
Because if I can provide a little education on an idea or philosophy today, you guys can have these conversations effectively without me there to guide them That makes my participation go further than answering "why you nerf Vlad" again.
OMG! Morello talked to me....kinda. Are you gonna go check out my Fanboy thread?

Its called. @Riot: Morello seems nice.

Zerglinator

09-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDontDrink View Post
I don't remember Hydras having wings and legs...
It's called evolution. Zergs like evolution. Trust me, I'm an expert.

Morello

Lead Designer

09-19-2012
21 of 31 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pryotra View Post
REALLY?

He even has an ability that goes, and I quote:

"NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM"

Kog maw is obvious; he just hurls chunks all over the place
Oh, I thought you meant in the naming. Not all Void things are devourers - the next one will really expand your imagination on what can be in the Void.

Renaito Yuujou

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
Mouth theme? Kog'Maw has it, but what's Cho's?
Yay!

Well, for Cho, simply going by his classic artwork, his mouth is very large and prominent, that aside, it's also one of his primary forms of combat.

More importantly, inside his kit are the abilities: Carnivore, Feral Scream and Feast. Carnivore and Feast are in the same boat, Cho consumes his enemies to improve himself (regenerate or gain more health respectively). Feral Scream, though not devouring, is definitely mouth-related as that is the attack's place of origin.

The mouth theme is rounded out in his lore: "Cho'Gath even appears to feed on its predations, growing and swelling as it gorges itself." I'm drawing a connection between the mouth and consumption, as both Cho and Kog'Maw consume violently (well, Kog in his lore anyway).

Whenever I tried to come up with a Void hero for fun, I'd always try to center around the mouth theme, but Malz's voidlings do leave room for a more insectoid visual theme with Voidborn. From a lore perspective, it might be nice to mention something about how Kha'Zix, rather than keeping trophies, consumes and absorbs his foes to adapt? Or something. Just how I'd have handled it. Sorry if I'm rambling.

50mm3r

09-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pryotra View Post
REALLY?

He even has an ability that goes, and I quote:

"NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM"

Not to mention the scream,

"SILENCE!"

Kog maw is obvious; he just hurls chunks all over the place
Malz shoots a laser beam out of his mouth and kassadin barfs on **** with his E. I think its a void thing.

Morello

Lead Designer

09-19-2012
22 of 31 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darklarik View Post
ADMIT IT. You took his desing from the Scarab Hulk did you NOT? ANSWER MEEEEEEEEEEE
Well, I'd never seen that before, so no!

(Hint: Big bugs are pretty cool, not surprising!)

HowNotToPlayLoL

09-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darklarik View Post
both purple, both have wings, it's quite obvious.

you're looking to hard.

Zanes theNArgent

09-19-2012

Cho's Mouth Theme is Spawn's Violator and OMNOMNOMing everything, but aside that, Morello, say me one thing that came into my mind...

What if Zix was able to focus his evolutions into the same path multiple times? I mean, it sounds ME interesting the possibility to overly adapt towards certain paths, like going FULL DAMAGE!!! on his Q or letting go of everything else and adapt to stealth much more.

IDontDrink

09-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zerglinator View Post
It's called evolution. Zergs like evolution. Trust me, I'm an expert.
You guys can call him a hydralisk. I'm going to keep calling Kha'zix a shiny Scyther.