Reporting in Champ Select

1234511 ... 16
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

PureGG

09-18-2012

Please help me out with this. I want to show riot that enough people think this is a legit good idea. We should be able to report and kick people in champion select. This will prevent trolling completely because we would be able to prevent it from ever happening. The system right now requires us to lose elo in order to report someone, and that's just not fair to the other 4 players. We should be able to report and kick trolls, with a majority vote, and re-que, instead of someone having to dodge. Edit: Thanks to all the comments of all of you, we have come out with a few problems, and a few solutions to those. Trolls would, indeed, be able to abuse this system, however if we were to maybe put a 2 kicks every 3 games or 3 hour (Whichever comes first) cap and/or an ip cost to report like 150ip or something, this may stop most of the abuse of the system, while still allowing us to do something about trolls in champ select. I know trolls will just start hiding themselves, but this will still be able to prevent a small few, and it's in the step in the right direction.

Again its no fair to someone to wait an hour just because they don't want to play with a troll, that time should be taken from the troll instead of someone who just wants to play. This game has gone from an amazing game, where people say "gl hf" at the start, and when you lose, you can actually say "gg that was a good game" to a game where rage is ALMOST accepted by the community, and BM is laughed at.

With the help of all of you out in the forums, we would be able to take out one big factor of that BM and rage with one simple function to be able to report/kick players who don't want to take this game as seriously as the rest of us do.

If you like this idea please thumbs up this post, and keep bumping it for others to see, and maybe we can get the attention of riot with enough peoples help.

Edit:
Thanks for all the thumbs up, comments, and even just views. I'm sure riot has noticed this forum on top for the last week, but it's just a matter of getting them to respond.
From ideas most of you have been leaving, a few new systems would be nice to try out, so leave your votes on those as well.

Idea 2. Ranked will cost money to play (Like lets say 20 bucks an account) to prevent trolls. How would this prevent trolls? Well trolls don't fear being banned because they can just make a new account, if they have to pay money for a new ranked account, they will be more scared of the bans and troll less. This would only be a solution to trolls in ranked, however this post is mainly about ranked anyway. (This idea seems not to fly because people wont pay for something they already get for free)

Idea 3. Have a minimum cap of ELO (lets say 900). If you fall below this cap, you will have to play 5-15 normal games (this number is debatable, maybe more, maybe less). This would prevent feeders from continually feeding in games because they would hit a cap eventually. As for those of us who are not at an elo above 900, normal is still a good way to get in practice to become better at the game, so I don't feel this would hinder those of us at a lower skill level. (Again this idea is debatable)

Kulraken

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-18-2012

Sounds like a great idea imo

hangman1995

09-18-2012

i agree i hate when there are trolls that totally mess up my game

Desrae

09-18-2012

http://i.imgur.com/Emb64.png
I just had this issue. I was forced to dodge the queue because I did not want to have to lose Elo (again...) to report someone who clearly has the intention to troll/feed from the start. I'm certain that there's a way to implement reporting and votekicking in champion select. This could be integrated with Tribunal in a way that those who troll during champion select are punished, and conversely, punishes those who abuse the vote-kick system. I'm just tired of the fact that when someone decides to troll in champion select, the only people it hurts are the ones who do not troll but are forced to dodge or forced to play a game they are bound to lose from the beginning. The change to not lose Elo when dodging was a start, but there is still progress to be made.

PureGG

09-18-2012

Thats the exact point I'm trying to make! I am sick and tired of things like that happening as well.. and I believe with such a simple little function, this game could get infinitely less frustrating

Genocide Giraffe

09-18-2012

This seems like a good idea for ranked queues, but I don't see it working too well in normals. There is the possibility of a 4 man premade party purposely votekicking a person for no reason just to get a laugh out of it. But other than that, this seems like a really good idea.

PureGG

09-18-2012

I didn't really think of that.. maybe this could be a ranked only function? I think that would work seeing as you cant get a majority vote even with a duo partner. Maybe have it like 4 have to vote to kick the person to prevent people from abusing the function.

kvoh

09-18-2012

I don't like it and it will only cause bullying from duo's or the "leader"! Sorry :-)

TURT4L

09-18-2012

"I am not but a for i am a king"

PureGG

09-18-2012

What do you mean the "leader" and yeah I know what you mean about the duo's potentially bullying others, but if they made it so that all 4 need to vote yes, then I think it would be fair.

1234511 ... 16