cs/CSing??

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ThereIsNoSpoon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

09-16-2010

nvr heard it in game, but heard some1 ask about it, now im curious. help?

Hiclic

09-16-2010

It's the count of how many creeps you've killed.

Crippen

09-16-2010

CS = creep score aka how many creeps you've gotten the last hit on

ThereIsNoSpoon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

09-16-2010

sweet, thanks. something i do pay a lot of attention to, important part of the game.

Carados

09-16-2010

Keep in mind that literally everyone who uses the term is a moron.

Crippen

09-16-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carados View Post
Keep in mind that literally everyone who uses the term is a moron.
An explanation to your bold statement would be appreciated. I use the term alot (i.e. "What's your CS?") but I don't consider myself a moron.

Carados

09-16-2010

If you're asking someone instead of hitting tab and looking yourself, you are a moron.

And the reason for the moronity comes from the "score" part of "Creep Score."

Crippen

09-16-2010

Quote:
If you're asking someone instead of hitting tab and looking yourself, you are a moron.

And the reason for the moronity comes from the "score" part of "Creep Score."
... Except I wouldn't be able to hit tab to check if I'm not in-game and I'm asking a friend who is.

And I don't get how "score" is moronic. Sure, you could call it "Creep Count" or "Number of creeps killed", but what difference would it make? It's just a term to describe how many creeps you've last-hit, and "score" is pretty befitting in that respect. Heck, DotA coined the term CS, and since more people are familiar with the term because of that, why not keep using it?

Carados

09-16-2010

One of the reasons that it's considered moronic is the people from DotA brought it over, and the people from DotA tend to be huge morons.

It's not a score. It's a number of creeps you've killed. Score implies that either you're competing against your team, or it's locked in and you're done.

Keep in mind over the course of the game, the actual amount you have doesn't matter, but you always need more.

"CK" is a much better, and more common acronym.

Crippen

09-16-2010

Quote:
One of the reasons that it's considered moronic is the people from DotA brought it over, and the people from DotA tend to be huge morons.

It's not a score. It's a number of creeps you've killed. Score implies that either you're competing against your team, or it's locked in and you're done.

Keep in mind over the course of the game, the actual amount you have doesn't matter, but you always need more.

"CK" is a much better, and more common acronym.
What I've gathered so far:

1. DotA introduced the term "creep score". You assume most people from DotA are morons (who, by the way, probably make up a big part of the LoL community), hence "literally everyone who uses the term is a moron".

2. "Score" isn't an accurate term to describe the amount of creeps killed and apparently "CK" is used more commonly, hence "literally everyone who uses the term is a moron".

... Nah.