@Lyte a quick question

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Chocmerc

Senior Member

09-17-2012

Hey lyte,
I cant recall, but i believe in one of your posts you mentioned something about the report category for "Leaving the game / afk" and i thought you had said that they dont go to the tribunal, and some other things, i was wondering if you could clarify some of that again for me, since i cant find it


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lyte

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Lead Social Systems Designer

Follow RiotLyte on Twitter

09-17-2012
1 of 1 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chocmerc View Post
Hey lyte,
I cant recall, but i believe in one of your posts you mentioned something about the report category for "Leaving the game / afk" and i thought you had said that they dont go to the tribunal, and some other things, i was wondering if you could clarify some of that again for me, since i cant find it
Leaver/AFK reports go straight to our LeaverBuster system which hands out bans for leaving or AFKing in games.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Chocmerc

Senior Member

09-17-2012

Excellent thanks
for some reason i was under the impression that they got a case by case review and could have their elo adjusted, etc.

i musta been crazy


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mr Serious Pants

Senior Member

09-17-2012

Still working?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Schmucky85

Senior Member

09-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyte View Post
Leaver/AFK reports go straight to our LeaverBuster system which hands out bans for leaving or AFKing in games.
Lyte doesn't this make it possible to abuse by just reporting someone for afk and knowing it was taken as a leave by leaverbuster? From that description, it's a "punish 100% of the time" button.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

kenk0wned

Junior Member

09-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmucky85 View Post
Lyte doesn't this make it possible to abuse by just reporting someone for afk and knowing it was taken as a leave by leaverbuster? From that description, it's a "punish 100% of the time" button.
I think he means actual leaving/afk(for more than 5mins) as in the game itself picks up on you doing that. Notice how a leaver/afk'er has a name in red at the end of the match and cannot be reported.

The report category is a normal report based on him leaving/afking but coming back in time not to get serverkicked


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Trollbunalism

Member

09-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmucky85 View Post
Lyte doesn't this make it possible to abuse by just reporting someone for afk and knowing it was taken as a leave by leaverbuster? From that description, it's a "punish 100% of the time" button.
I plan on using this knowledge for my own personal enjoyment. lolbunal


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Geekweezul

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

09-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollbunalism View Post
I plan on using this knowledge for my own personal enjoyment. lolbunal
Except for LeaverBuster to actually do anything, the player would have actually had to have been detected as afk.

Funny how logic works, eh?

And if it did work on just reports alone, I'm sure you reporting someone once won't have any effect.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

KnightCheckmate

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

09-18-2012

So Lyte,
If the person was a toxic player and then went afk would it be better to report them for something else and just mention in the details that they went afk instead of reporting afk and mentioning they were toxic as well?