Yorick is still the most OP champion on this map

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Duskofdead

09-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaIfhearted View Post
Yorick has a few glaring counters.

-AD Malz does fairly well against him.
-Udyr should beat him throughout all of early-mid game, and can hold late.
-Urgot used to beat him, although I don't know how well he fares after the nerfs.
-Diana can beat the **** out of him if shes played well.
-Nunu wins hard late, although he has issues early.
-Jax can beat him.
-Jayce can win.
-Maokai, if played extremely well, wins once he gets a few items.

Skarner can also win, but it's an extremely even matchup where you have to out-skill him.

Basically, Yorick is far from uncounterable, and this makes him a much less-safe pick in draft and tournaments than he is in blind.
This is sort of a semantic nitpick but I disagree with the notion that "can potentially tie him/get a little over him" = "counter him."

Counter is like "I took Taric, they took Sivir." Not "well a really good Ashe can beat Ezreal 1v1 if the stars align correctly."

ricklessabandon

qa analyst

09-17-2012
1 of 1 Riot Posts

(relative strength aside) yorick can be quite frustrating on all maps, which is something we hope to be alleviating in the near future.

in the meantime, there's a good amount of 'anti-yorick' advice available on the forums. for example: remember that yorick loses a lot of his potential to harass safely if you use brush to drop ghoul aggro. champions that can control brush well can give him a hard time in addition to the wave clearing champions already mentioned.

Duelpower

09-17-2012

Jayce and AD malz are much harder to deal with than yorick.

Genericke

09-17-2012

Quote:
Yorick has a few glaring counters.

-AD Malz does fairly well against him.
-Udyr should beat him throughout all of early-mid game, and can hold late.
-Urgot used to beat him, although I don't know how well he fares after the nerfs.
-Diana can beat the **** out of him if shes played well.
-Nunu wins hard late, although he has issues early.
-Jax can beat him.
-Jayce can win.
-Maokai, if played extremely well, wins once he gets a few items.

Skarner can also win, but it's an extremely even matchup where you have to out-skill him.

Basically, Yorick is far from uncounterable, and this makes him a much less-safe pick in draft and tournaments than he is in blind.
I've also had a lot of luck with Wukong. Being able to drop aggro in bushes and also with your clone, as well as Wukong's high damage allows him to purt the hurt on Yorick. He's one of a few that I know of that can actually trade with him and come out on top.

Degnared

09-17-2012

Any time someone complains about how overpowered X-champion-that-is-not-Kassadin is, I feel the need to point out that Kassadin exists.

Yorick is a pain in the ass, and he is definitely stronger than he should be on this map, but he is not uncounterable.

konfetarius

09-17-2012

Quote:
This is sort of a semantic nitpick but I disagree with the notion that "can potentially tie him/get a little over him" = "counter him."
Half that list flat out kills him.

Infirc

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duskofdead View Post

Counter is like "I took Taric, they took Sivir." Not "well a really good Ashe can beat Ezreal 1v1 if the stars align correctly."
he's Mentioning all the bot lanes Ops, it's obvious that when the champions are in the same Power level one has to outplay the other one rather than Outpick him it's like Jax vs Darius situations they are both as Op as each other and you can't say for sure who will win a trade because it will go both ways taking in acount player timigs, and as the guy above mentions half that list Kills Yorick, Jax and Diana are good examples. And, did you seriously hope they would give you an instant solution of pick this thing in a silver case and faceroll???

HaIfhearted

09-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duskofdead View Post

Ok, let me elaborate further.

-Pretty sure AD Malz just wins lategame.
-Diana straight up kills him unless she gets massively out-played (see: DD 22 Finals game 1)
-Jax kills Yorick.
-Jayce kills Yorick.

I am very confident listing these 4 as counters to Yorick. Assuming roughly equal player skill, these champs should beat Yorick.

Duskofdead

09-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by konfetarius View Post
Half that list flat out kills him.
No it doesn't. There were strong conditional qualifiers on most of them.

Duskofdead

09-17-2012

Quote:
Ok, let me elaborate further.

-Pretty sure AD Malz just wins lategame.
-Diana straight up kills him unless she gets massively out-played (see: DD 22 Finals game 1)
-Jax kills Yorick.
-Jayce kills Yorick.

I am very confident listing these 4 as counters to Yorick. Assuming roughly equal player skill, these champs should beat Yorick.
I don't know if it's because I don't do ranked Dominion or what, but I've NEVER seen an AD Malzahar yet. I've only seen one Crittlesticks.

Jax and Jayce I could see but good luck convincing either to go bottom.