OP-ing Mordekaiser's Q

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zeenarus

09-17-2012

Introduction
-I'm a rank 30 LOL player, just like many of you. Some of you may be looking for a way on how to be better at a champ, in this case Mordekaiser, and most are just looking for a new way to play him. This build covers runes, some masteries, definitely the item builds, and some key strategies. Don't bother looking up my old Jax guide, that one's outdated and a bit incorrect.

This guide focuses on you being this Tanky AP Burster. You will deal enough damage to destroy a carry in 2 seconds flat once this build is completed.

Runes And Masteries And Summoner Spells
-Not the most important, but it's always key to a successful guide. I recommend getting:
9x Greater (Magic Pen.) Marks
9x Greater (HP5) Seals
9x Greater (CDR For Top or Magic Resist For Mid) Glyphs
9x Greater (Pretty Sure There's Magic Pen.) Quintessence

Why these runes? First of all, Mordekaiser's AP ratio/scaling is pretty low. 0.4, 0.6, so forth, that'ys why you should mainly include these marks. The HP5 seals are for staying in the lane, and spamming your abilities more often. Mordekaiser's abilities use health, so it's best to get these with your build. The CDR is for top lane, since you won't have much CDR at the end of the build and it's very helpful for using your ultimate more often. The Magic Resist is great for mid-ing, since you'll be more tougher against harass and you'll be more tanky/durable. The quintessences have the same reason as the marks.

-Masteries don't provide the GREATEST boost, but this is just in my own opinion.
I recommend getting 14/16/0. These focus on being more durable in lane, yet improving your farming and offensive magic abilities.

Offense:
3 Brute Strength
4 Mental Force
2 Butcher OR n your two favorite summoner spell masteries
4 Sorcery
1 Arcane Knowledge

Defense:
3 Resistance
3 Hardiness
4 Durability
3 Vigor
1 Veteran's Scars
2 Indomitable

Summoner Spells
-Almost forgot.

My favorite two spells are :
Teleport And Flash
Some other ones you could go with are the classic Flash and Ignite, or Heal and Flash. I prefer heal over teleport, since they both have a similar cooldown but teleport is much more tactical.

Skill Order
-This'll be short and painless.
Your main priorities should be your E and Q, with more emphasis on the E ability.
Order is as follows:
E>Q>W>E>Q>R>E>Q>E>E>R>Q>Q>W>W>R>W>W

This skill order focuses on harassing with your E more effectively, and using your Q to farm more efficiently. The W is just to piss off your enemies when they try to farm minions.

Item Build\
-The fun part. The VERY fun part.

Your starting item depends on your lane.

-Doran's Shield if you're solo top.
-Regrowth Pendant/HP x 1 if you're solo mid.

Solo Top's tend to be more aggressive and physical, so the doran's is an obvious choice against them. Durability + Health Regen FTW.
Meanwhile at mid lane, the regrowth pendant allows you to stay and farm much more.

This merges into one build BTW!

Top laners should then do this:
Get like 1k, go back and buy boots and regrowth pendant.
Buy another regrowth pendant, sell dorans, buy negatron cloak.
Build Force of nature.
Mid laners should do this:
Get 1k, get regrowth pendant again and shoes.
get another pendant. and negatron cloak.
buy force of nature.
Then it merges.
Upgrade shoes into sorceror's shoes.
Get a Giant's Belt, Tome, Or Wand depending on your wealth.
Build a Rylai's Scepter.
Get a hextech revolver.
Build hextech gunblade, not a will.
Buy a sheen.
Build a lich bane.
get an abyssal scepter.

Your COMPLETED build should look like this.

Sorceror's Shoes, Force Of Nature, Rylai's Crystal Scepter, Hextech Gunblade, Lich Bane, Abyssal Scepter

I can explain every reason of why these items are here.
1.) The shoes give magic penetration. DUH
2.) Force Of Nature allows you to stay in lane, and be VERY resilient to other AP casters.
3.) Since Mordekaiser doesn't have any natural CC, and is also semi-squishy, this should be a must. The AP is quite nice too.
4.) Hextech Gunblade is better for Mordekaiser than WotA. Hextech has about the same amount of AP, it gives life steal which is an added bonus, and the attack damage scales with his Q, as it has a +1 Bonus AD Ratio. The active is veeeeeery useful, since again, he doesn't have natural CC.
5.) Lich Bane. Does 1000 MD every 3-4 seconds sound good enough for you, when you use Mord's Q? Hmm? Basically, it makes the mace turn into ACE.
6.) Abyssal Scepter. Mordekaiser will go into melee range very often, so the aura will be used. He gets bonus magic resist, to make him even more invincible against casters, and the AP is decent. With this, a normal carry's magic resist will go down to 0 or below.

Why doesn't this build have a DfG? I don't feel like using it, basically. The CDR and the active is very nice, and you can personally replace it with any of these items if you feel like it.

KEY TIPS

-Ooh. This is a bit complicated, so let me sum it up a bit.

>Focus on harassing with your E, yet using it to farm minions. It's practically the only harass you can instantly deal, so use it.
>Use your Q to last hit. it's great at clearing minion waves too.
>Cast your W occasionally on a minion right behind the leading minion in a wave. It'll make farming a pain in the arse if they farm next to the minion, as the W does have a +1 AP ratio when in there for the maximum time. Ouch.
>Cast your R when you want to bait someone. You get healed for it, and I think the passive is applied. Cast it on squishy carries for maximum benefit, since they have more of an autoattack usefulness than most ghouls. Also applies for Yorick (wut?)
>Do not be overly offensive. you may be outbursted if you don't have your shield and you spammed your abilities on their cd. That's a no-no.
>Play on the safe side. Cast your R on the focused enemy, and stay at a range until they focus someone else.
>Achieve awesomeness by fully embracing the means of his skin. PENTAKILL.

ProPlayerEd

09-17-2012

lemme point out some things here.

Quote:
3.) Since Mordekaiser doesn't have any natural CC, and is also semi-squishy, this should be a must. The AP is quite nice too.
I don't really consider a Rylias a must on Morde anymore. It is nice to get if your team has no cc but morde doesn't really need anymore health than he already has.

Quote:
5.) Lich Bane. Does 1000 MD every 3-4 seconds sound good enough for you, when you use Mord's Q? Hmm? Basically, it makes the mace turn into ACE.

The high amount of damage is there when it is a SINGLE target but with others around the damage is spread and considering team fights is a crowd of hungry people wanting to kill you, I don't really see a great amount of opportunities to be able to do a single target Q nuke on them.

Quote:
Why doesn't this build have a DfG? I don't feel like using it, basically. The CDR and the active is very nice, and you can personally replace it with any of these items if you feel like it.
I would prolly have a DFG instead of a lich blade since you should have a lot of ap at the end of the build so the Active in DFG should be better than the Lich blade nuke.

I don't like that your missing the Death cap. a Death cap on a mage IS the must since it provides so much AP.

I like to get a GA as a defensive item because you honestly should be fine with your shield as a defense since you should be the one to nuke the ADC and get there Ghost to turn the fight into a 6 vs 4.

Also, Morde going top is a bit iffy as it is a longer lane and since he doesn't have any good sustain until 6 nor an ability to be able to run away, one gank can really screw him up.

Morde in mid lane is better since the lane is shorter so escape is easier, you can get your wraiths whenever possible for maximum money! and possibly shove out a lane to go gank a lane to help your team out ( you might want to talk to your jungler on doing a 2 man gank for max results)

til Days of Blue

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-17-2012

I recommend you to actually try to test it out at ranked above 1400 elo

Zeenarus

09-17-2012

Eh. I wouldn't have a deathcap really. I mean, sure it boosts it up to like an extra 200 AP or so, which is great, but I still take the AP ratio's into order.

Like I said, you can use a dfg or so if you don't need the lich bane.

There's also one really ironic thing too. I don't get focused in fights a lot, due to some reasons, including me having quite a high amount of health and magic resist, making me quite hard to kill even with a madreds br.
As for top laning, the sustain he has is really from the dorans shield. I don't worry TOO much about ganks, since I have flash in hand, plus the iron man helps to keep me alive longer.

The lich bane spread. It still deals a decent amount of damage, probably 600-800 damage to the first one and about 400 to the others. Also, remember that the DfG cooldown is about a minute or so, and it deals at least 25% of the target's CURRENT health. On a squishy or so, not the most effective, thats why I'd rather have lich bane, but people have their opinions.

Zeenarus

09-18-2012

Bumpedy bumping for some new viewers

PogoPogoPogoPogo

09-18-2012

If you're not building Lich Bane on Mordekaiser, I can't see how you possibly think you're doing it right.

Lich Bane takes Morde's Q, which scales 0.4 or 0.66 to AP and changes that to 1.4 or 1.66 scaling essentially. Plus, if gives you AP, MR, MS. Build whatever else you want (DFG isn't bad honestly; it gives you an excuse to build Lucky Pick early to help with gold flow). Besides, with Lich Bane, DFG followed by your Q, followed by your Ult+Ignite, and you'll be 3-shotting some people AND getting a ghost to help you kill a few more people if you ult the right person.

Zeenarus

09-19-2012

^ That.

doombotMECHA

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-19-2012

does this build have spell vamp? yes.
this passes the unranked theorycrafter test.

Zeenarus

09-19-2012

Ofc!
In my opinion, Hextech Gunblade is better than WotA for mord bc (in the guide)

Zeenarus

09-20-2012

Bumping so it doesn't get necro'ed