Can't hear champion, and announcer audio.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Slagged

09-15-2012

So I've been playing League for a while now without any problems but suddenly I can't hear champion voice clips, or announcer voice clips. This goes for every single champion. The sound options for voice and announcer are max.

Also a side note, it may be related. The notifications lag for me. i.e. (The enemy team has slain the Dragon!) Doesn't pop up immediately for me. And the Welcome to Summoners Rift! sign keeps popping up at the top middle of the screen every minute or so.

If anyone can help I'd be appreciative, thanks.

Slagged

09-16-2012

bump

jaywatford

Lead Sound Designer

09-17-2012
1 of 1 Riot Posts

Have you tried the repair function on the patcher? I would suggest giving that a shot first to make sure none of your files have gotten corrupted, if that doesn't work let us know and we'll figure out what to test next.

Thanks for bringing this to the forums!

Slagged

09-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaywatford View Post
Have you tried the repair function on the patcher? I would suggest giving that a shot first to make sure none of your files have gotten corrupted, if that doesn't work let us know and we'll figure out what to test next.

Thanks for bringing this to the forums!
Thanks for the reply. I just finished repairing successfully, and the problem still exists.

Slagged

09-18-2012

bump

SyncShips

09-18-2012

I too am having this problem. For me, when I get in the game, I cannot hear "Welcome to Summoner's Rift." The message stays up there altogether and never leaves. I cannot hear the champions when doing the /laugh, /joke, /taunt commands. They will say something if they move or attack, but never anything else. Also, I don't hear "Turret destroyed" "Spawning Super Minions" "______ slain the Dragon" "Double Kill" "Triple Kill" Etc. Basically nothing but background music and the fights. Thank you so much!

GankLeft

12-23-2012

This is also going on for me also please help.

I also repaired and it did nothing!

GankLeft

12-23-2012

bump

DingoRabiit

12-24-2012

Its because LoL does not support more than two speaker audio setting, Change your audio setting to Stereo otherwise you get sound errors, By what you describe, It sounds like your set to 7.1