Tips for ashe, varus and master yi.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TakoyakiGunso

09-16-2012

General advice for playing squish champions like that would be positioning, sticking together with your team (your front line), and map awareness.

Since you play ashe, varus, and yi a lot even against AI you should be pretty comfortable with their skill ranges and even some of the bot champion ranges. You can often times hit enemy players that are running towards you even though your skill shot is out of range because they'll often times just keep running towards you or your group (happens in low to mid, not so much in higher)

Try to keep track of where enemy champs are on the mini map, and if you don't see a few try and guess/play cautious assuming they'll try to flank if you're gonna be on squish champions. Although I'm still guilty of this still, try to not run away from your tankier CC champions. You're making their job harder to do and you're probably splitting the team up if they're running away from the fight and chasing you and your attacker leaving your team at a disadvantage.

Since Ashe has her mini map reveal, you can use it to see missing enemies. Try and hit it with top bush above windmill, the tri-bush above the storm relics, or the bushes around your speed shrine if your team is pushing past the health relic between the top and mid towers.

If you're gonna play squish champions, try to not traverse the jungle alone too much. if you have to get to the windmill alone to get with your team, instead of cutting through the middle past the speed shrine, going around towards the health relic way may help you avoid bushwhacks that happen in the jungle where teams will try and take down lone enemies. Never face check the middle jungle brush as a squish. If you do spawn before your more robust teammates often times it's better to just wait the extra seconds for them to come up instead of just rushing towards top against three half hp team mates.

Other than those three, in champion select, if you see other people lock in squish champions and even though you still want to play those three, be the better person and play the tankier role. having an all squish champion team can work sometimes but most of the time it's just a big headache for all that's involved.

GET REKT FGT

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infirc View Post
Eiks some of us are not Elo siyting Saiyans at a 2400 Power level, Some of us are sitting between 900-1200 and Varus is perfectly viable down here even more so than Ashe. and if you cant get swiftness or zerker's on her what should he get? Mercs? because i doubt Lucidity does something toa ctually help Ashe, Volley spam is never a good idea, not even in Dominion.
Well, for that you simply counterbuild. Mercs if their team is CC or AP heavy, NinjaTabi boots if they're also Autoattack-heavy (which, if what's stated is true about that elo range, these things will be GODLY in terms of defense).

Ionian's Boots of Lucidity actually help out Ashe a lot. While Volley Spam isn't always a good thing, Ashe's R benefits greatly from the CDR. Not only can you stop enemy caps across the map more, she can use it more to increase the gap between her and someone who would violate her if they got close. So in a sense, these boots help her both defensively AND offensively when using her skills correctly. Also, with no other built-in CDR, that can shave 9-10 seconds off of her Hawkshot (which should be used to grant sight in the jungle for approaching enemies or enemies in the brushes around points).

Think of it this way, at level 6, that's an automatic 15 seconds off of Rank 1 of Enchanted Crystal Arrow, reducing the cooldown to 85 seconds (almost the equivalent of having it maxed). At Max Rank, that's 12 seconds off reducing it to 68 seconds. That means she could use it almost every minute, and that's just with Boots of Lucidity.

tl;dr: Do not underestimate Boots of Lucidity. In any case these boots are still better than Berzerker Greaves, build accordingly.

Duelpower

09-17-2012

At the OP: I would be happy to grab a couple AI games with you and help you from there. A good amount of what goes into making them successful is really hard to write into words.

Ekis you don't even play ranged dps why are you spouting off about boots hahaha. Go backcap rammus or something bro.

GET REKT FGT

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duelpower View Post
At the OP: I would be happy to grab a couple AI games with you and help you from there. A good amount of what goes into making them successful is really hard to write into words.

Ekis you don't even play ranged dps why are you spouting off about boots hahaha. Go backcap rammus or something bro.
Because I originally played Ashe and Master Yi, Kog'Maw, and Twitch when Dominion started (I also play Vayne, though sparingly). Go figure, right? Regardless, I know enough to speak from experience.

And don't hate on my POOTER-ing xD

Argodis

09-17-2012

All 3 are viable at all levels of play. Yi to a much lesser extent but there are situations where he can be a good pick.

For tips, even in Co-Op vs A.I. I would advise against picking Ashe as she is too team reliant and without a decent team comp, you're going to have a rough time. For all 3, just position well and play smart. Build isn't nearly as important as positioning and smart play on AD Carries. The rule is attack whatever is closes to you that doesn't compromise your defensive position. Even if that means hitting Warwick instead of the Zyra in the back, never compromise your position. With Yi, you can sort of ignore that rule and go for the squishy but be sure you are not the one initiating the fight and pay attention to see if you are getting focused.

As some others have also stated, stick with your team. Even if your team rages and yells, you don't want to defend a point solo or wander around in the jungle solo. Unless you're extremely fed or something, a lone AD carry is typically a free kill.

Learn gap closer ranges. Jax is 700, Irelia is 650, etc. Generally, if you're in their gap closing range, you're dead. Most bruisers have some type of CC that will stop you from getting away once they manage to hit you and for those that don't, they will probably have a Frozen Mallet/Phage procs.

Once you can get those basics, then you can move on to thinking about builds. Any build that doesn't have some sort of life steal is bad.