Du Couteau Summer Home (Riven B-day) (Closed RP)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Snowy Poro

09-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinyl Bot View Post
"And I got you booze!" Evelynn shoved a bottle of Noxian 330 into her hands. It had a blue bow on it, though the fact that the wine was over one hundred years old and perfectly preserved should have been the more important part of the gift.
"Of course you would try and get everyone impaired.."

Leona said with a smile, shaking her head

ColossusCrusher

09-16-2012

"Happy Birthday, Riven," added Cassiopeia, bouncing over to the Exile using her tail as a spring. Why? It was a silly occasion, and she very rarely got to be silly.

Dear Morgana

09-16-2012

Morgana frowns.

"Hmph. Don't expect me to get drunk. I've learned since Bilgewater."

Ask Fortune

09-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dear Morgana View Post
Morgana frowns.

"Hmph. Don't expect me to get drunk. I've learned since Bilgewater."
Sarah smirked.

"Oh, I remember." Sarah said. "Know why I'm a good friend? I didn't take advantage of ya~."

Dear Morgana

09-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ask Fortune View Post
Sarah smirked.

"Oh, I remember." Sarah said. "Know why I'm a good friend? I didn't take advantage of ya~."
Morgana smiles devilishly.

"I was slobbering over you. You really should have."

Ask Riven

09-16-2012

((So much rearranging to make it coherent. DX))

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColossusCrusher View Post
"Happy Birthday, Riven," added Cassiopeia, bouncing over to the Exile using her tail as a spring. Why? It was a silly occasion, and she very rarely got to be silly.
Riven was a little unnerved by the needlessly silly action, but did not wish to be rude. This was as much Cassiopeia's home as Katarina's.

"Thank you, Miss Du Couteau..."

Quote:
Morgana scoffs, but hands Riven a large paper bag.

"Leave her be if she requests it. She doesn't want to be smothered in attention and affection, and neither would I. The bag holds more than you might think, and has all the desserts you'll need for some time."

The Dark Mistress looks utterly bored with the whole affair.
Riven peeked inside. The Fallen Angel wasn't joking. If Riven were the excitable type, she probably would have squealed in joy. There were many éclairs within the bag, and it seemed to be a much larger space on the inside than the outside. Perhaps a magic item? Whatever the case, Riven nodded.

"Thank you, Morgana... I'm certain they will be delicious."

Quote:
"And I got you booze!" Evelynn shoved a bottle of Noxian 330 into her hands. It had a blue bow on it, though the fact that the wine was over one hundred years old and perfectly preserved should have been the more important part of the gift.
Riven blinked. She didn't care for alcoholic beverages in most cases. They weakened one's inhibitions and dulled their mind and decision-making skills. In small amounts they were acceptable, but something like this, Riven wasn't so sure about... That was when Leona spoke up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leona Bott View Post
"Of course you would try and get everyone impaired.."

Leona said with a smile, shaking her head
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leona Bott View Post
Leona approached Riven, a necklace dangling from her hand, at the end of the necklace, was a golden Sun emblem

"I know this is not much" She said, holding it the palm of her hand "But I cannot help but think of you.. here, watch"

Leona crushed the necklace in the palm of her hand.. but, instead of staying broken, it dissolved into Sunlight and reformed anew "Unbreakable.. just like you" She then added before giving Riven a hug
Riven looked uncomfortable with the physical display of affection, but didn't protest. Not openly, anyway. She took the necklace.

"This is very generous... Thank you, Leona." She placed the necklace around her left wrist for the moment to keep it safe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dear Luxanna View Post
Riven was far stronger than Lux, but Lux still managed to hoist Riven to her feet. "I don't subscribe to the theory that that's possible." Lux replied, with an amused smile. "Here, I want you to have these." Lux reached into her pocket and pulled out two gold coins, the Demacian stamp on one side, indicating nation of origin.

"I always keep two gold coins with me, in case someone I'm in line with doesn't have enough to pay his fare." Lux explained. "I'll make a judgment call if someone is short more than that, but it's usually a matter of a dozen silver, so this covers it. Try it sometime, the feeling is like nothing else~." Lux took Riven's hand, and placed the coins into it. "...or you can just throw them into a Hextech machine and buy a chocolate bar. Either way." Lux added, with a smile and chuckle.
"I'll hold them for someone in need, then..." Riven took the coins and placed them on her person. "Though...I doubt they will go toward sweets, thanks to the Fallen Angel's gift."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katárina View Post
Katarina frowned. She had screwed up. Again. She knew it. Standing up, she took a few steps away from Riven and the others around her. “Sorry…” She whispered, turning upon her heel and walked toward the table, to present Riven with a plate of the food she had prepared herself hoping to at least bring some sense back into the afternoon… that is until she heard Lux’s comment. Everyone always forgot about her, and once again it was the ‘hero’ Riven.

She frowned even more, this was supposed to be the day she had planned to bring the snowy haired Noxian out of her shell, but the day it self seemed ruined by Riven’s attitude toward it all.

With a shake of her head, Katarina left the room silently...
Riven caught the apology, and glanced to Katarina as the redhead made her exit and delivered the plate of food. Before Riven could react, however, she was intercepted by the other party-goers.

Quote:
"Oh, you wouldn't survive five seconds in Bilgewater, not with that attitude." Sarah said teasingly. "Alright, fair enough. Looks good on you! Very commanding~."

Sarah glanced at Morgana. To send a message, Sarah waved to Morgana, smiled wide, and pointed at her mouth.
Riven blinked. She didn't think the hat suited her at all. Perhaps Sarah was simply biased...
Quote:
Morgana raises an eyebrow, unsure of the message that Sarah is trying to send her. She moves to a corner of the room, standing by herself.
Quote:
"...sorry about her." Sarah said, about Morgana, to Riven. "I guess the importance of birthdays wanes once you've had ten thousand of them." She gave Riven a joking smile, before crossing the floor to Morgana
Riven watched her go, shaking her head. Honestly, Morgana was the most "normal" one to her at the moment. All this celebration, kind as it was, held no major significance. Not really...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ask Talon View Post
Talon walked up behind Riven and gripped her shoulder, and looked the woman in the eyes before silently nodding to her.

"We have few things to celebrate in our lives. Take the celebrations when and where you can."
Riven turned to regard the Blade's Shadow for a moment before sighing. "Perhaps you are right... Regardless, this seems...unnecessary..."

However, after her comment, Riven's gaze drifted to the kitchen door where Katarina had disappeared...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ask Shyvana View Post
"I can speak to her instead, if you'd like." Shyvana offered. "Fear not, I will be as polite and civil as I am known to be." She concluded with a small smile.
Riven shook her head with another sigh. "No, Shyvana, this is my fault... As much as it is her own doing, I should be the one to discuss things with her." Riven glanced around to the other party attendees. They seemed perfectly happy to talk amongst themselves for a moment. She would not be missed. "Keep things calm while I'm away, Shyvana..." That said, Riven set the plate of food down on the nearest flat surface, placed Miss Fortune's hat on Shyvana's head, where it looked quite good surprisingly enough, and walked into the kitchen...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katárina View Post
With a shake of her head, Katarina sat down in a stool in the kitchen and sighed. “What the hell is wrong with me.” She muttered, twirling a dagger in circles upon a wooden counter, then suddenly slammed the point deep into the smooth finish.
"...Did the counter do something to upset you, Katarina?" Riven slowly and quietly entered the kitchen, walking across the floor to where Katarina was sitting, and took a seat of her own, facing away from her.

Dear Morgana

09-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ask Riven View Post

Riven peeked inside. The Fallen Angel wasn't joking. If Riven were the excitable type, she probably would have squealed in joy. There were many éclairs within the bag, and it seemed to be a much larger space on the inside than the outside. Perhaps a magic item? Whatever the case, Riven nodded.

"Thank you, Morgana... I'm certain they will be delicious."
Morgana shares a secret smile with the Exile.

"You're quite welcome. And those are my Exile Eclairs- a new brand, for this 'party'."

Ask Talon

09-16-2012

((One bite, and your bowels will be exiled from your body))

Heil Teemo

09-16-2012

Evelynn sighed and shrugged, setting the bottle on the coffee table and turning to Leona and spoke in hushed tones. "Why does no one ever call Riven rude? That's what turning down a present is, isn't it?"

Dear Luxanna

09-17-2012

Quote:
Evelynn sighed and shrugged, setting the bottle on the coffee table and turning to Leona and spoke in hushed tones. "Why does no one ever call Riven rude? That's what turning down a present is, isn't it?"
"I'm sure she really appreciated the thought, she just doesn't like alcohol." Lux said reassuringly, patting Eve's shoulder from behind. "I don't either. It tastes so bad."