Retired 3v3 Players Giving Tips

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

GaoShiki

09-16-2012

1. Who can jungle well in TT?
2. What's a good jungling route?

Eryn

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueexorcistfire View Post
Hi, I was just wondering if Leblanc was any good in the twisted treeline and if yes how would you play her?
Sorry for the late response, I usually try and answer all the questions at once but there was a decent overflow this time.

LeBlanc is mainly used to burst down squishy characters, her mobility makes it possible for her to go in and out very easily. I wouldn't say she's the best farmer but she can definitely unload some damage.

The problem with LeBlanc on Twisted Treeline is that it is rare to run into a squishy champion that you could burst. Not only that but being able to farm up items sufficient to burst even a squishy champion is difficult with no lane clearing abilities.

However her real power is her insane mobility which she can use to get from red to dragon in a matter of seconds.

Although personally, I think a stronger AP carry on the treeline is Gragas, as he can unload just as much damage in an AoE, and has about as much mobility. His CC is also a lot more useful imo.

That being said if you want to play LeBlanc on the tree line, I'd try playing Gragas.

However, it's really your thing. One of my favorite aspects of 3v3 is you can win anyway you way with whomever you want.

If I *was* to play LeBlanc, I'd probably build her like this:

boots + 3
kage's lucky pick
doran's ring x 2
RoA
DFG
Rabadon's
Unholy Grail (maybe? haha)

Either way good luck!

Eryn

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Érnest View Post
can you please give me some tips on team comps? me and my friends play and were 1337 rating at the moment. we've been close to 1400 but have never tasted it yet. I understand that top should be able to farm ALOT and at the same time have the jungle control. My friends and I usually play ali/cho bot as support along with a bruiser such as mundo, nunu, sometimes blitz. and our top usually goes AP. I find the most common things we lose to are CS and sometimes teams are all jungle comp ( like lee sin, shyv, udyr all in one team) and they just dominate in everything. Please give me some pointers or tips
You could pretty easily send Cho'Gath or Nunu to the jungle (even Alistar if you wanted to) and then have your AP carry solo bot and then send a 'true' bruiser like Irelia, Darius, Jax, or Wukong solo top lane. I think your team will capitalize on xp and cs this way.

Always keep red and dragon warded regardless of whether you use a jungle, dragon and red control are very important and it'l save your team from ganks.

Eryn

09-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkeyblood View Post
I really need some jungling advice and how not to die. i got a leash at the bottom camp by our base. then i went to the top one, cleared the first camp, but i always die on the buff camp. whats going wrong? i use smite on the big creep. i was on xin/mundo/shyv and i have the same problem every time. 9/21/0 masteries and i use AD quints attack speed marks def seals and mr glyphs just a standard set. its just really holding my team back when none of us can figure this out.. lol
Don't take the buff camp till you have a madred's razor at least. Or if you are Nunu and can instagib it with consume / smite. It's pretty much impossible haha.

Your best bet is to take your mid camp, use smite at your top camp, and then rush around to lane to gank.

Eryn

09-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChampStat View Post
Hello whoever these retired 3v3ers are! I'm currently at level 15 and would I want to try jungling. Could you recommend a champion for me to try? I was liking the idea of Trundle, because i figured that if in 5v5 he could stay in jungle indefinitely he could at least do a moderate job in 3v3. Then i heard that he was in need of QoL buffs, so that put me off a bit. Now I'm eyeing Lee Sin, but i'm afraid to try him since he has a high skill cap.
Also, since nobody and I mean nobody jungles at level 15(not that I've seen), if I jungle that guarentees a 2v1 lane in the other team's favor. Is there anything I could do to ease the pressure on that lane and avoid getting raged at by my teammates?
Lee Sin is great, even though he has a high skill cap. Might as well start learning him now.

However it is very difficult to jungle without full runes / masteries. If you can pull it off spoon feeding top lane will probably get top lane to forgive you, and when he carries the game shouldn't be too difficult of a win.

Rastilan

09-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by E1C View Post
Lee Sin is great, even though he has a high skill cap. Might as well start learning him now.

However it is very difficult to jungle without full runes / masteries. If you can pull it off spoon feeding top lane will probably get top lane to forgive you, and when he carries the game shouldn't be too difficult of a win.
Lee Sin #1

ChampStat

09-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by E1C View Post

Thank you for the quick response! I guess I will have to wait until at least level 20 before I jungle with him. I was looking back ot other posts you answered about jungling, and I noticed you mentioned that the jungler should make sure his 1v2 laner can handle a 1v2. I have a friend I duo with occasionally, and he owns Master Yi, Cho'gath, Talon, Tryndamere, Twitch, and Lux(the last 3 he has very little experience with though). Which do you recommend he should take for a 1v2 lane?

LordHippoman

09-16-2012

I've been playing with Garen and Tryndamere as my teammates alot, who's a good early game AP character to choose?

The Master Mao

09-16-2012

I was wondering if Ahri would be a good choice for TT. ive heard lots of different opinions, but no one tells me why shes good or bad...

Eryn

09-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordHippoman View Post
I've been playing with Garen and Tryndamere as my teammates alot, who's a good early game AP character to choose?
Morgana, Nunu, Mordekaiser, Gragas.