Why is LeBlanc bad late game?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CDGM Nicko

07-29-2012

I've played against LeBlancs and have been stomped by her no matter what champion I use. I've seen that she counters a lot of mid champs. I was then told the only way to really beat her is in late game. Why is she so bad in late game?

Duku Dice

07-29-2012

she has poor defense. late game people get mage resist and are able to withstand her AP. imo. i play with leblanc and rely on my early game owning to improve my other teams AD/AP. that way my team mates are able to take damage meant for me and i just harass and go for the final hit.

Asderition

07-29-2012

She also has no aoe, single Target damage with semi lengthy cd make her useless if she can't get her combo out, cced mid rotation, she is shut down. Single target damage is useless on tonights when so much reliance is put on the mage to burst people down quickly.

FaerellG

07-29-2012

She has less AoE and CC than other mages.

The best she can hope for is that tiny aoe that her Dash does, and a silence. (cause face it, that root is never going to land).

Most other AP Mids have either good AoE or more reliable stuns.

The suggestion has been made to play LeBlanc late game as an assassin (like Akali or Kassadin), but Akali has far superior sticking power and superior escape, while Kassadin has significant AoE (both rift walk and his cone attack).

The problem with this is that LeBlanc's burst is limited to a single target. After her ulti is expended, her burst is incredibly weak. Without being able to Sigil, Mimic, Dash for the damage combo, she has to land a fairly difficult skill shot and retreat out of range such that her root won't ever take effect.
On the other hand Akali's ulti recharges quickly and gains bonus charges when you kill. And Kassadin's ulti is a really short cooldown. This allows both of them to unload their full burst on multiple targets throughout a fight.

XCodes

07-29-2012

LeBlanc *can*, however, still make a carry melt if she gets in and gets a full, four-spell rotation off. That's not at all easy, though.

Guthlak

07-30-2012

LeBlanc is my main because she's fun, but her late isn't even close to another APs.

The goal of a good LeBlanc is kill enemy's AD-Carry asap, neutralizing the main damage source and trying to escape as well. The thing is that a good CC team can stop this wrecking VERY easily. Yep, she will do tons of damage on you with her combo (I can take 70% of a 150MR bruiser with DFG), and it's hard to catch her, but still dies fast.

I tried some different builds and I found that LeBlanc late game isn't that bad - she can melt down the carry or the mage and escape -, but the build is expensive and she need kills. As XCodes said before, she's VERY HARD to masterize, unlike some people say, which makes it harder.

Amoc

07-30-2012

She doesn't contribute enough in team fights, IMO, to be a strong AP carry. She's deadly at mid vs most lane opponents and ganks extremely well, but late game she just doesn't have the punch. After her combo is expended she is trash, and it's a rare case when she can actually land it on the AD carry at the start of a fight. They're usually sitting back out of range attacking whatever's in sight, and the minute you W in after it you're going to get blown up.

Crymoricus

09-16-2012

WTF is this nonsense about LeBlanc sucking late?

Wow, what a bunch of noob LeBlancs. LeBlanc lategame with CDR maxed can solo any champ in the game. ANY champ. Any time. Any where. How? Be calm, cool, collected and keep them silenced 100% of the time. @ 700+ Ap the fight will never ever last long enough for a good LeBlanc to run out of her rotation and not keep an enemy silenced until they are dead. They will die, you will not. If a friend joins them though, you're dead.

ADC? AP? Forget it, they melt like butter. ALL...GAME...LONG.

The only problem LeBlanc has ALL game is being slippery, and that's all. When LeBlanc has made her presence known, you won't find enemies soloing anymore. They stick together in at least packs of twos.

Honestly, this nonsense about LeBlanc "falling off" late game is utter BS. As long as she's alive on the map, she's dominating if played well, period.

Best assassin in all League of Legends, no question about it in my mind.

ExecutionerK

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crymoricus View Post
WTF is this nonsense about LeBlanc sucking late?

Wow, what a bunch of noob LeBlancs. LeBlanc lategame with CDR maxed can solo any champ in the game. ANY champ. Any time. Any where. How? Be calm, cool, collected and keep them silenced 100% of the time. @ 700+ Ap the fight will never ever last long enough for a good LeBlanc to run out of her rotation and not keep an enemy silenced until they are dead. They will die, you will not. If a friend joins them though, you're dead.

ADC? AP? Forget it, they melt like butter. ALL...GAME...LONG.

The only problem LeBlanc has ALL game is being slippery, and that's all. When LeBlanc has made her presence known, you won't find enemies soloing anymore. They stick together in at least packs of twos.

Honestly, this nonsense about LeBlanc "falling off" late game is utter BS. As long as she's alive on the map, she's dominating if played well, period.

Best assassin in all League of Legends, no question about it in my mind.
My Ryze with Abyssal Banshee want to have a word with you.

TeknoWizard

09-16-2012

They say she falls off because she's so squishy, that she kills one person, then dies. But you see, LeBlanc's life is worth WAY less than the other team's ADC. If she trades her life for the ADC pre-team-fight, then that's a trade in her team's favor.