"Community doesn't agree with me. I'm done with Tribunal."

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Smurfbiel

09-15-2012

This is an understandable reaction to seeing more leniency in the Tribunal than we thought (though Rioters have been saying so the whole time...) but this can't be the attitude that we take as Tribunal voters.

Simply put, if the minority decision is the "right" choice, we need to continue participating and having discussion about it in order to change it to the majority decision for future cases.

The "ideal" Tribunal where all voters have the same idea of right and wrong is great... as long as we agree on where to draw that line. Until then, minority opinions need to be represented if we want to actually do anything about it.

Keep voting!

Lucchinii

09-15-2012

It just hurts seeing the accuracy and Elo go down further and further because of it.

Before we could see those, I didn't really care. But seeing them so low just makes me question myself when it comes to "justice", y'know?

I'll keep trying but I'm just not that motivated anymore.

Choale

09-15-2012

I'm more angry that cases of people calling each other "f----ts" and other homophobic slurs are getting pardoned with a majority. I can understand wanting to be more thick skinned with trash talk and "noob"-calling, but I have zero tolerance for anything that hatefully targets a specific group of people.

And apparently that's a minority opinion.

KesslerCOIL

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-15-2012

all of my 'incorrect' cases seem to be ones where i chose to punish for the use of 'noob' and general put downs. Also quite a few people have trouble telling if someone is feeding like this case http://na.leagueoflegends.com/tribun.../5706901/#nogo

NecroticBinder

09-15-2012

This is correct, yes, at present the decisions are very arbitrary and hard to get an idea of what is and isn't punishable according to the community leading to a loss in your justice score but quite frankly if we give up now, that just means it will get even worse and worse meaning that justice is less likely to be delivered as people continue following whatever system they are using now to judge cases.

If you really want to see an end to these false pardons, here is what you have to do.

First, do your twenty cases and look through each and every game thoroughly. Make sure that this player has proven to be deserving of a pardon or of a punishment. Don't make a hasty judgement either way, the player might apologize or they might prove to be a nasty jerk.

Second, ask your friends to do the tribunal and to do it correctly, the more people that are actually reading through most of the cases the better. The tribunal is decided by the community that uses it, and if it's a bunch of people who only read the first case? Well then it's going to be decided by a bunch of people who only read the first case.

Third, bring up issues you see in the tribunal but don't flood the forums with a bunch of threads basically all saying the same thing. It's easier to keep track of different complaints when there is a single thread for a single issue and we can also put suggestions in those threads. If there are 500 threads all complaining about a single topic, but only five of them have suggestions those five suggestions are less likely to be seen making it harder for the problem to be solved.

Fourth, realize that you may have been wrong. Some cases are going to be blatantly wrong in the tribunal for their verdict, but other times it is going to be a grey area where the communities input is needed and you are just ONE voice in the community.

TL;DR

1. Do the Tribunal Correctly
  2. Ask friends to do the Tribunal
  3. Don't flood the forums with one issue.
  4. Remember that you might be wrong.

Fruity Sebbles

Associate Product Manager

09-15-2012
1 of 3 Riot Posts

All my +1s, take them!

(if red accounts had more points to give, I would!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Methelod View Post
This is correct, yes, at present the decisions are very arbitrary and hard to get an idea of what is and isn't punishable according to the community leading to a loss in your justice score but quite frankly if we give up now, that just means it will get even worse and worse meaning that justice is less likely to be delivered as people continue following whatever system they are using now to judge cases.

TL;DR
  1. Do the Tribunal Correctly
  2. Ask friends to do the Tribunal
  3. Don't flood the forums with one issue.
  4. Remember that you might be wrong.

Lucchinii

09-15-2012

The community needs an incentive to do the right thing.

I can just as easily spam pardons to get my Elo back up, since everyone is just falsely pardoning.

We should also be forced to look through all games. It's dumb that we have like a 20 second timer and people just skim through the cases without actually looking at it.

LittleDi

09-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucchinii View Post
To be forced to look through all games. It's dumb that we have like a 20 second timer and people just skim through the cases without actually looking at it.
I agree, 20 seconds is literally skimming a case rather than reading it. Perhaps increase the time to a full minute?

Some Kids Dad

09-15-2012

The new system started today. Since we only got to perform 20 cases and my record show 37+ cases I am going to assume cases from the last couple of days have been moved to the new system too. What we are seeing is the flaws of the old IP reward system. Judging for money doesn't not get you a lot of quality results. Since from here on out there is no IP reward I think a lot of the low quality people will be dropping off and in the next couple of weeks we hopefully will see a over all better end result.

guptee

09-15-2012

I think I am one of the most leniant tribunal judge. In these testing times of people calling out leniency, I might have to do double the work to uphold my believes