Unable to ban Miss Fortune

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sevrin

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-15-2010

I was second and third pick ban. Miss Fortune did not appear as an option to ban. The enemy teams first pick, once the bannings were done, was Miss Unfortunate.

RiotStatikk

QA Analyst

09-15-2010
1 of 3 Riot Posts

Weird. This was a ranked game?

Has this happened to anyone else?

RiotSpookyDooky

QA Analyst

09-15-2010
2 of 3 Riot Posts

You can only ban characters someone on the enemy team owns. Did someone on the opposing team play as Miss Fortune despite her not showing up on your ban list?

PhailRaptor

Adjudicator

09-15-2010

I wasn't in the game being discussed now, but I had the same thing happen to Garen in a game. Our captain stated that he wanted to ban Garen, but he did not show up on the list of champions. Then, almost immediately afterward, the first pick on the opposing team was Garen.

OMGWTFHAPPEN

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

09-15-2010

you should just put all the heroes on the ban list, couse sometimes this couses problems to the team leader,

ex:
Team Leader : Ban What

Team Member : Ban Kogmaw

Team Leader : ok (and spend the whole time searching for Kogmaw, but because nobody own kogmaw, Kogmaw is not diplayed.)

its frustrating

RiotSpookyDooky

QA Analyst

09-15-2010
3 of 3 Riot Posts

I believe the design argument behind this was that if no one on the opposing team owned Kog'Maw, banning Kog'Maw would be a waste of a ban.

Broote

09-15-2010

Having them display, but grayed out would be nice. This way you can see the choice isn't something you need to make, without going crazy wondering where the heck the hero is. (I've lost out on a ban because of this as well once)

Unyaro

09-15-2010

While that's nice, it's also part of a typical draft to not know what your opponent has in most situations, knowing that they dont have a champ gives an inherent advantage to you. IE not needing to ban said champ and knowing that anyone on your team can select them thus allowing you to use your first picks on other valuable drafts.

This is especially relevant now that we're allowed to swap champs.

IE : They don't have Kog'Maw, I want Kog'Maw, I tell the fifth pick to choose Kog'Maw, and I can take whomever he wants as my pick. We receive two quality picks whereas we may have received only 1 if I had been forced to ban Kog'Maw.

showerhead

09-15-2010

Had the same issue with Taric a couple of times a few days ago. I just thought I was blind , but maybe not. I know that at least one of the times I tried to ban him he was chosen. Maybe bug with recognizing owned champions?

While I agree that Unyaro makes a good point, I like knowing what they don't have so each of my bans counts

Olymp1c

09-16-2010

Don't just assume someones not there by using your eyes. There is a search box at the top of the champ select screen, just type in the first couple letters to find them. It wastes time looking through everyone to ban someone.