The Story of my Perma-Ban

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Xanicide

Senior Member

09-14-2012

I remember reading (I think Zileas) a red post about the tribunal saying that only the worst games make it into the tribunal out of all the cases the player has been reported for. If these are seriously the worst cases this player has, then there is no reason to ban him, this is child's play compared to what I (and probably most of the community) see in game on a regular basis.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dokmazing

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

09-14-2012

I have a question to you people that aren't supporting this kind of guy. If you're at the bar and somebody does something inappropriate like touch your girlfriends butt, spits on you or something, or even just randomly yelling at you and being an ******* to that extent and you turn around and YELL at him and this happens 5 times in a few years. Do you deserve the death penalty?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Nightmarex2

Senior Member

09-14-2012

That didnt warrant a perma at all.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

windwhispers

Senior Member

09-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xianio View Post
Sorry but 30 people have voted to ban this guy all told. To get that many people to say (over a long period of time mind you) ban this guy you have to consistently earn it.
9 other players per game in 600 games. That's 5,400 players, although it is true that occasionally you play with the same person more than once. 30/5000+ doesn't seem like a lot.

We can't see the OP's other offenses, but based on these four games he does not appear to deserve even a temporary ban, much less a permanent one.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lyte

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Lead Social Systems Designer

Follow RiotLyte on Twitter

09-14-2012
8 of 12 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xanicide View Post
I remember reading (I think Zileas) a red post about the tribunal saying that only the worst games make it into the tribunal out of all the cases the player has been reported for. If these are seriously the worst cases this player has, then there is no reason to ban him, this is child's play compared to what I (and probably most of the community) see in game on a regular basis.
It's not the worst games, it's just a random sampling of recent games.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

chide da jungler

Senior Member

09-14-2012

glad you're banned


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Xianio

Senior Member

09-14-2012

Quote:
I have a question do you people that aren't supporting this kind of guy. If you're at the bar and somebody does something inappropriate like touch your girlfriends butt, spits on you or something to that extent and you turn around and YELL at him and this happens 5 times in a few years. Do you deserve the death penalty?
I think it would warrant a restraining order if it happens consistently. Why you're equating being "kicked out" of the game with death I don't know. If you seriously believe it's that harsh perhaps you should see someone about this addiction.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Half Braindead

Junior Member

09-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyte View Post
It's not the worst games, it's just a random sampling of recent games.
You guys made the Tribunal Case so the players could see what they were banned for. Why don't you actually put what this man was banned for, or maybe is it because he didn't do anything wrong and Riot won't admit it?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Communist Poppy

Senior Member

09-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by windwhispers View Post
9 other players per game in 600 games. That's 5,400 players, although it is true that occasionally you play with the same person more than once. 30/5000+ doesn't seem like a lot.

We can't see the OP's other offenses, but based on these four games he does not appear to deserve even a temporary ban, much less a permanent one.
How the hell does he not deserve it off of game 1? He openly admitted to screwing around and feeding in that game. You can't say it's only one game because he's a repeat offender in the tribunal. It was an accumulation of multiple punished offenses that got him permabanned and I lack any sympathy for it.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

thepantsparty

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

09-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuckMyPhatty View Post
You guys at Riot should know that perma banning players is the worst decision you could make (exceptions for constant feeders / leavers). All it does is push them onto a new account and either

..

3) Quit the game.
For extremely toxic players who have no interest in reforming, having them quit the game isn't a bad result. One player who negatively impacts hundreds of others isn't worth keeping around.