Upcoming Changes to the Tribunal

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lyte

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Lead Social Systems Designer

Follow RiotLyte on Twitter

09-14-2012
89 of 92 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Scarface Zeus View Post
tribunal never work and never gonna work no matter how many changes you going to do.. the trolls press punish or pardon for fun and you people ban innocent players tribunal its a bad idea.. you give power to the worst community ever. And this is the fact League of legends have the worst community.
Actually, the most common complaint is that the Tribunal is currently too lenient. A majority of players would like Team PB&J to ban more toxic players and to give out harsher bans.

Innocent players are rarely banned these days.

get dat birdman

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-14-2012

So... I might have missed it somewhere if this was already asked, but curious on something.

There's one case that I voted punish on, but a majority (just a majority, not a strong majority or overwhelming majority) voted to pardon on a case that I would continue to vote punish on if it were presented to me again. In this case, I am honestly curious about why people voted pardon on said case. Would there be a possibility of one of the two following:

1. an optional text field to discuss why a summoner voted the way they did;
2. a radio style option (either mandatory or optional) with choices to determine why someone voted the way they did (incorrectly reported, punished for something other than what was reported, etc.)

Obviously, not something that could be voted on after the case is finished, but something that would be nice to see in terms of understanding why other players pardon or punish on particular cases, especially some of the grey area ones.

Daen

09-14-2012

I agree TomajRT, it'd be really great to be able to see a poll of why people voted the way they did on cases.

Also Lyte, would it be possible to have some sort of field added to the Justice Review that definitively says whether your vote was correct or not on a case-by-case basis? Currently it takes a while to compare your vote to the community agreement on every case you've voted on when trying to figure out which cases were not successful.

Lyte

09-14-2012
90 of 92 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr T View Post
I agree TomajRT, it'd be really great to be able to see a poll of why people voted the way they did on cases.

Also Lyte, would it be possible to have some sort of field added to the Justice Review that definitively says whether your vote was correct or not on a case-by-case basis? Currently it takes a while to compare your vote to the community agreement on every case you've voted on when trying to figure out which cases were not successful.

Thanks!
I've made a note of a new "Correct/Incorrect" column. We'll see when we can add it.

Daen

09-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyte View Post
I've made a note of a new "Correct/Incorrect" column. We'll see when we can add it.
Great, thanks!

Johan Liebert

09-14-2012

is the hall of justice coming out soon?

Negro Sandwich

09-14-2012

What's up with the players that were Permabanned before report cards?
Isn't it a "Kids have it so easy nowadays" scenario?

Mr Scarface Zeus

09-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyte View Post
Actually, the most common complaint is that the Tribunal is currently too lenient. A majority of players would like Team PB&J to ban more toxic players and to give out harsher bans.

Innocent players are rarely banned these days.

oh really? go around the tribunal forum and see cases who have nothing bad in chat but in report box some 4 premade trolls wrote a bunch of lies and that guy got banned for 7 days i read the chat this guy was actually very kind with this 4 trolls and the only guy with possitve score.. so yeah tell me more how good is the tribunal..

the problem with the tribunal is that first Premades second fake reports third people who dont read the chat they just press pardon/punish just to kill some free time and the list is big with the problems so fix that and then tell me how you people bring justice or at least start read the cases before you ban players

Give power to the community of the game is the worst think riot ever done yeah they are gonna downvote me but its the truth maybe the 10% are kind people and people who know how to judge but the rest 90% its just a madness

Damie904

09-14-2012

Hey Lyte is there any chance you guys can work on sending out a weekly email showing us how many times we got reported and for what? It may help certain people realize they've been getting reported just about every 5 games or so and maybe they should try to correct their behavior before it even reaches Tribunal.

Lyte

09-14-2012
91 of 92 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Scarface Zeus View Post
oh really? go around the tribunal forum and see cases who have nothing bad in chat but in report box some 4 premade trolls wrote a bunch of lies and that guy got banned for 7 days i read the chat this guy was actually very kind with this 4 trolls and the only guy with possitve score.. so yeah tell me more how good is the tribunal..

the problem with the tribunal is that first Premades second fake reports third people who dont read the chat they just press pardon/punish just to kill some free time and the list is big with the problems so fix that and then tell me how you people bring justice or at least start read the cases before you ban players

Give power to the community of the game is the worst think riot ever done yeah they are gonna downvote me but its the truth maybe the 10% are kind people and people who know how to judge but the rest 90% its just a madness
1) People only go to the forums and complain when they feel the case is wrong. How come you aren't considering the 20,000 to 50,000 other cases that were correct?

2) Premade bullying actually isn't an issue. To actually get into the Tribunal, you had to have done something toxic at least a few times... it's pretty difficult to get into the Tribunal just because of premade reports.

3) Spam punishing is a non-issue. In fact, the most common complaint is too many pardons right now. If you spam punish, your votes are meaningless and you get banned from the Tribunal.

4) We've done research on the players who use the Tribunal daily and they actually are the good players in the game. Toxic players don't care about the Tribunal enough to use it because they don't care about improving the community.