Upcoming Changes to the Tribunal

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Emfanever

Senior Member

09-14-2012

LOL the top contributors are gonna be the top nerds and crybabies


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Nogrid

Member

09-14-2012

I have come across quite a few cases that seemed like a clear punish that I later find out were pardoned by a majority of voters. The similarity that these cases have is that in game 1 of the case they didn't do much that would earn them a punish, but in other games in the case they exhibit behavior that would be a clear punish. My guess is that a large amount of people only look at the first game in a case before deciding their verdict.

Have you noticed this occurrence yourself and do you see this being a problem that could be solved?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lyte

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Lead Social Systems Designer

Follow RiotLyte on Twitter

09-14-2012
79 of 92 Riot Posts

Justice Reviews just went live and Halls of Justice has started recording Justice Ratings as well so you can view your personal rankings in the Justice Reviews.

We will be turning on the public view of the Halls of Justice later.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Fifth Scheme

Senior Member

09-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrid View Post
I have come across quite a few cases that seemed like a clear punish that I later find out were pardoned by a majority of voters.

I am also concerned about this. I don't know how someone who says "gg im afk : you dumbas : you a ****in idiot" is pardoned by the majority of players.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

1TBSSD

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

09-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyte View Post
Justice Reviews just went live and Halls of Justice has started recording Justice Ratings as well so you can view your personal rankings in the Justice Reviews.

We will be turning on the public view of the Halls of Justice later.
But I already did my cases today

Tomorrow I guess. Also, how long does it usually take for a case to close so we can see results.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sniperyeti

Senior Member

09-14-2012

Having just done a couple of cases, I noticed a 'skip' detracts from your accuracy rating (basically counts as a miss).

I was wondering what the reasoning behind this is - occasionally I come across a report which has so little to it (e.g. only one game reviewable, subject started complaining about halfway through) that I feel there just isn't enough data for an accurate punish/pardon.

I would have thought 'skip' would be just that - pass the case by as if you never saw it, maybe a notification to go back to it if further data/games are tacked onto the report.

Other than that the system seems great, love the 'justice rating'. Now I just need some easy cases to climb out of Tribunal ELO Hell.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Okami Amaterasu

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

09-14-2012

so you took ip out and now there's a..."honor" system?
but that's it?
no rewards for doing it right at all?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lyte

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Lead Social Systems Designer

Follow RiotLyte on Twitter

09-14-2012
80 of 92 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniperyeti View Post
Having just done a couple of cases, I noticed a 'skip' detracts from your accuracy rating (basically counts as a miss).

I was wondering what the reasoning behind this is - occasionally I come across a report which has so little to it (e.g. only one game reviewable, subject started complaining about halfway through) that I feel there just isn't enough data for an accurate punish/pardon.

I would have thought 'skip' would be just that - pass the case by as if you never saw it, maybe a notification to go back to it if further data/games are tacked onto the report.

Other than that the system seems great, love the 'justice rating'. Now I just need some easy cases to climb out of Tribunal ELO Hell.
Accuracy is being worked on, it's being calculated out of order at the moment.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

PhoenixBomb

Senior Member

09-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyte View Post
Accuracy is being worked on, it's being calculated out of order at the moment.
It's minor, but would it not be better if accuracy did not take into account pending games?

Then again, I don't really know how long a case can sit at pending, so it might just be a pointless endeavor to fix it. They work themselves out eventually.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zerglinator

Senior Member

09-14-2012

Well, now the forums will be flooded with "@Lyte this case is so guilty the majority is wrong!" threads.