Svengali, the Malificent Manipulator.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Nexus wraith

09-14-2012

{Svengali} - {The Maleficent Manipulator}

{Overview}

-Race: Human
-Origin: Has no recollection of just where he was born.
-Alliance: Evil
-Class: Hybrid
-Subclass: Control
-Weapon: Stopwatch (bear with me here)
-Attack Type: Ranged
-Energy Source: Mana

Svengali is a hypnotist that excels in controlling his enemies on the battlefield. He has a overwhelming air of evil for a personality. His aim is to gain control over all living things and he is willing to give up his humanity to accomplish that goal. Svengali believes he is superior to everyone else (In short, he is a total psychopath.)

{Abilities}

Passive (Stupefy): Attachment 534103

Svengali's basic attacks apply Stupefy, decreasing attack speed and increasing cooldowns for abilities used while affected by 3% This ability can stack upon itself 8 times and expires after 4 seconds of not being attacked by svengali.

Q (Shatter Delusions): Attachment 534101

Removes all stacks of stupefy, dealing 40/50/60/70/80 damage per stack removed.(+1 per AP)

-Type: Single target
-Range: 600
-Cost: 50/55/60/70/80
-Cooldown: 5
-Target Type: Enemy
-Relies on auto-attacking to deal damage, shouldn't be able to target enemies not affected by paranoia.

W (Wave of Madness): Attachment 534102

Swings stopwatch on chain twice in a cone in front of him, dealing 65/105/145/185/225 (+.45 per AP) damage to each enemy it hits both times stupefied enemies hit are filled with fear

-Type: skillshot
-Buff/Debuff Type: fear
-Buff/Debuff Value: Good
-Duration: .5/1/1/1.5/2
-AoE: cone: 57.5
-Cost: 60/70/75/80/90
-Cooldown: 20/18/16/14/10
-Target Type: N/A

E (Illusionary chains): Attachment 534100

Target and 1/1/2/2/3 others (prioritizes champions) are engulfed in chains, slowing their movement and dealing 50/60/80/100/120 (+0.5 per AP) damage to each unit hit.

-Type: Single Target
-Buff/Debuff Type: slow
-Buff/Debuff Value: 20/20/25/30/35%
-Duration: 2/2/3/4/5
-Range: 600
-Cost: 70/75/80/85/90
-Cooldown: 20
-Target Type: enemy

R (Placebo): Attachment 534099

Target foe loses 5/5/10/10/15 (+.2 per AP With a cap of 30)% of their max health for 6/6/7/7/8 seconds, after the duration is over target gets that health back.(this spell cannot directly kill an enemy)

-Type: Single target
-Buff/Debuff Type: temporary loss of max health
-Buff/Debuff Value: Good (as all debuffs are, lol)
-Duration: 3/5/7/9/10 seconds
-Range: 625
-Cost: 150
-Cooldown: 70
-Target Type: Target

{Base Stats}

-Base Health: 400 (80)
-Base Mana: 395 (55)
-Base Attack Damage: 40 (2)
-Base Attack Speed: 0.56 (2.5%)
-Attack Range: 525
-Base Armor: 15 (3)
-Magic Resistance: 30
-Movement Speed: 315
-Base Mana Regen: 7.0 (0.6)

{Appearance}

-Height: 6'4"
-Physical Build: Slight but muscular build
-Hair style and color (If applicable)
-Eye color: brown
-Weapons: uses a gold stopwatch with a glowing silver hypnotist's wheel inscribed on the cover also carries a black cane topped with an image of the all-seeing eye.
-Attire: wears a black suit with a long back and two points extending from the back. He wears a red tie and a top hat with a red ribbon tied near the base.
-Other: sharp, angled features, high cheekbones, and a black, well-groomed goatee. Bald scalp covered by a top hat.

{Lore}:

Svengali's parents abandoned him at birth on the shoreline of valoran. He was picked up by the most prominent troubadour society in all the land , The cirque macabre. Specializing in dark acts that amazed and enthralled their audiences it almost seems fitting that this environment would be the upbringing of Svengali. From a young age he was fascinated with the workings of the mind and was mentored in the ways of hypnotism. He became the cirque's main attraction, drawing in audiences and stupefying large crowds at once. In his quest to become the most powerful hypnotist to ever have lived he came across an antique store in a run-down market where an object caught his eye. A stopwatch that seemed to call to his mind with echoes of power. The stopwatch magnified his power, but sewed a seed of darkness within his soul, corrupting his entire essence. His shows became increasingly dark, he would hypnotize several members of the crowd and make them fight to the death in a bloody spectacle. This ran the business into the ground. When the other members got wind of this they exiled him; Filled with resentment, he turned his sights to greater conquests, the League of Legends.

{Dialogue}:

-Champion Selection: Oh how they'll scream!
-Movement Quotes: They will succumb to our will, summoner.
-Attacking Quotes: Go to sleep (gentle voice), forever!
-Q Use: Are you confused? Let me give you clarity.
-W Use: Run, run my puppets!
-E Use: You're getting very sleepy...
-R Use: The madness overtakes you
-Taunts: My way is best, let me show you
-Jokes: Don't worry, I have a plan for all of you.
-Recall: I'll be back to show you the way.

{Alternate skin}

Svengali in a purple turban with loose-fitting purple shiny clothes with silver accents. His cane now has an elephant head on it and his watched looks tarnished possibly with a dent in it.

SephirothWontDie

09-14-2012

um.... Paranoia is the name of nocturne's ult. might wanna change that. :3

Nexus wraith

09-15-2012

Changed passive name to Stupify

Fatcowray

09-15-2012

cool idea might need a bit of tweakin 2.5 second fear is quite a bit if it also does damage
but good overall uuhm..... also im not sure im malificent is a word

Nexus wraith

09-15-2012

Quite sure

SephirothWontDie

09-15-2012

you need to add alues before people can really review. that is an issue many people dont realize is that without values, no one can really say wether a champ is op or not. add values, people will suggest to either increase or decrease, you adjust as you see fit, even if it means not at all, lol. besides, while riot looks at these concepts from time to time(very rarely from what i understand), its not very likely they will make it a champ and if they do, they take care of balancing, so there is no harm in adding some numbers.

The Broken Hero

09-15-2012

Passive/Q: Feels weird on an AP mage, considering it's essentially like Deadly Poison/Expunge.

W: Fear duration is too long (considering it's an non-ultimate AoE CC) although it's not a bad ability idea. It reminds me of Talon's Rake.

E: Reminds me of LeBlanc's E, but with no damage or snare.

Ult: Sounds like a mix of Varus ult and Malzahar E.

Reading through this makes me feel like he's a tanky control fighter, not a mage. Especially considering one of his abilities doesn't do damage. His Passive/Q don't fit a mage's kit.

His passive doesn't have any interaction with the rest of his skills, other than his Q.

I just don't see much synergy between his abilities, and they all portray different themes in a champion.

The concept itself it cool though, and you could connect Shaco's lore to his.

Nexus wraith

09-15-2012

He's actually a very squishy control Mage. As for the passive I should make some of his spells apply Stupify also, but if I do that it's underpowered. I wanted to give him a type of hybrid gameplay, Q is the way it is because he has very little damage output otherwise. I probably should add values but I get scared that people will be like QQ OP champ, noob and that'll be the end of that. I'm thinking about changing the ult to something like this Placebo: Target enemies' debuffs are spread to nearby enemies along with their existing durations. My question is how did the bases stats tell anyone tank? He has armor equal to Heimerdiger's and that's the lowest in the game I figured the wave spell would have range similar to Ashe's cone thing. I don't know why everyone says fear duration is too long, it's a second shorter than fiddlesticks' and he has built in sustain through lifesteal so he needs the disable less.

Yes, I think he needs work, but I don't know quite what to do. Suggestions would be a big help.

SephirothWontDie

09-15-2012

the passive looks ok, like the idea, but it should so something more to champs who have no cast times. such champs might be warwick, i dont think any of his abilities have a cast time rather than a channel time, and only for his ult. q, looks just fine to me. w, looks ok, fear is a nice little addition. e, i might add a little damage there, but otherwise, it looks good. ult, i like the effect, would be good for applying certain cc to other players. keep it as is. honestly, there will be people that troll you, but regardless, a lot of people will help you balance your champ. so, when you can, input some values based on what you think looks right, and then watch for comments on how to balance.

Metal Knuckles

09-16-2012

wow that passive is really a cool, unique concept and i think its pretty awesome! I was afraid it would be OP, but the fact that you made his Q reliant on his auto attacks is PERFECT. nice! and then the E seems really cool, I want to see that skill for reals.