Inside Design: The Music of League of Legends

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Praeco

Composer

09-14-2012
2 of 20 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GypsyReborn View Post
Praeco have you ever thought about brass instruments being used in a piece? i (personally) wouldn't mind hearing a sousaphone or trombone in one of the pieces. they can add drama to somethings but for some reasons lots of orchestral pieces now a days don't include much brass.
hey,

i have actually used a lot of brasses in jayce's, darius', pulsefire's and syndra's music. i agree that the power and drama they can add is just awesome

Phat Pat

09-14-2012

Praeco, would it be possible to compose more pieces less integrated with a character and more with other parts of League? For example. Summoner Rift's current music is pretty outdated and doesn't add any feel to the game. In contrast, Dominion has an epic orchestrated piece that changes through the course of the game. Can we see a new piece of music being written for Summoner's Rift? I would also approve of a client music piece as well. I feel your well-orchestrated music needs to be added to more elements of the game.

Keep up the fantastic work! You should share other pieces of music you have written, like a portfolio for artists.

Super1Shadow

09-14-2012

The music that has been coming out for every new champ is awesome and really great but can you keep producing the music for the next 50 champions to come out in the later future? If so, how/why?

Is there also anyway there could be more soundtrack to the in-game music?

DarkShadow124

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

09-14-2012

Draven Theme song, you came back to me!.

Zerglinator

09-14-2012

Will you make music for older champions?

I want a theme for ALL OF THEM!

Serkaidemor

09-14-2012

Is it hard to write music for an orchestra / people playing live?

I like to write music and play around with digital instruments, but I can never wrap my head around writing for an orchestra, for other people to play. I mean with digital instruments all you have to know is how to play the keyboard/piano (and you can get around not knowing even that)...

MaliciousNOIR

09-14-2012

I was wondering ever since the NA regionals, what was the soundtrack that was played during PAX games? its some sort of LoL theme remix... Can anyone help?

Praeco

Composer

09-14-2012
3 of 20 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveThesis View Post
I just wanted to say: Praeco, you're an amazing human being; your work is beautiful and I just love it. Riot's really lucky to have you and we're really lucky you're with Riot to bring us this amazing music for this amazing game. You're the kind of person that I look up to; the kind of inspiration I need to keep doing my own music no matter what. Hopefully, one day, I'll be within your ranks, maybe working alongside you! But for now, I'll keep doing what I have to do, and that is whatever I can with school and everything I can with whatever music I find time to make
Thank you very much for the kind words.

I truly believe that a person with talent and a consistent output of high quality music will always find his/her way in the big entertainment. At some point, when the creative work reaches a certain level of quality, it cannot be ignored.

LaserWolve

09-14-2012

Where's the download all button???

Praeco

Composer

09-14-2012
4 of 20 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super1Shadow View Post
The music that has been coming out for every new champ is awesome and really great but can you keep producing the music for the next 50 champions to come out in the later future? If so, how/why?

Is there also anyway there could be more soundtrack to the in-game music?
Well, I certainly don't have the plan of stopping to make those pieces. I think they really help to define the champion and give one a good idea of what the champion's character is like when listening to them. Plus, it's also just a lot of fun!

We are definitely looking into more ways of bringing music to our players.